NameSilo

100.com Changes Hands for $950,000 in Highest Domain Sale Reported So Far This Year

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The new weekly domain sales Report is out at DNJournal.com. Last week I was talking about the high end of the market taking a breather as the highest reported sale was just $25,000. Well, break time is over! We have learned that a three-digit domain has changed hands for $950,000 in the biggest domain sale reported so far this year. The domain was purchased by a public company (traded on the NASDAQ) that is based in China. Meanwhile, a second six-figure sale was made to another Chinese company. You can get all of the details here: http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2014/20140305.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Duke thanks for the report as I am starting to find the domain name sales topics very interesting. I have one quick question. When the report says "private sale" how does a private sale of a domain name usually transpire? When you hide domain ownership is there anyway around the privacy?

•••
Hey Duke thanks for the report as I am starting to find the domain name sales topics very interesting. I have one quick question. When the report says "private sale" how does a private sale of a domain name usually transpire? When you hide domain ownership is there anyway around the privacy?

You could upload a .txt file to a folder on the domain to prove identity. This is what Google Webmaster Tools and other service providers ask domain owners to do sometimes.

•••
great sale for a great number :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back