IT.COM

€1 transfer com,net,org and more extensions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ercan

Top Member
Impact
I transferred 30 domains without any problem, no promotional code required.

https://planethoster.com

upload_2020-5-8_17-19-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-8_17-19-8.png
    upload_2020-5-8_17-19-8.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 348
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It says they don't give a refund on domains, it doesn't say they prevent you transferring out.

"Domain Names Are Non-Refundable" does sounds a bit like ""Domain Names Cannot Be Transferred Out".

Not sure if that's what they mean so will have to wait till their Chat support gets back online.

•••
•••
I transferred a few over and here are my observations:
  • To get the 1 EUR transfer price, you need to open an account in their control panel, log in and click the 1 EUR domain transfer link: https://my.planethoster.com/
  • The promotion works for multiple domains in an order and multiple orders.
  • You will get 1 year added to the current expiry for your domains. I had some expiring in a few years time and an extra year was added.
  • In the control panel, it is possible to unlock and transfer out the domain. I have not tried this yet and as there is a 60 day transfer lock, it will take a few months before I can try this out.
  • Domains are usually sold as non-refundable, so no surprises there.
  • The invoice showed the domain renewal period as today plus 1 year, but I think this is because their system does not look up your domain to calculate the renewal period, so it should not be any cause for concern.

•••
This domain transfer added a month or year validity to the domains?

Their price chart shows Euro 10.90
Yes, added 1 year with 1 Euro transfer.

•••
sounds interesting... i will try later.

•••
click on EN for english btw (y)

•••
•••
I transferred 22 domains, including some .orgs with the majority .com for only $26.62 USD!!!1 :D :D

THANK YOU @howudoin8

this was like so much money saved lel!

•••
I transferred a few over and here are my observations:
  • To get the 1 EUR transfer price, you need to open an account in their control panel, log in and click the 1 EUR domain transfer link:
  • The promotion works for multiple domains in an order and multiple orders.
  • You will get 1 year added to the current expiry for your domains. I had some expiring in a few years time and an extra year was added.
  • In the control panel, it is possible to unlock and transfer out the domain. I have not tried this yet and as there is a 60 day transfer lock, it will take a few months before I can try this out.
  • Domains are usually sold as non-refundable, so no surprises there.
  • The invoice showed the domain renewal period as today plus 1 year, but I think this is because their system does not look up your domain to calculate the renewal period, so it should not be any cause for concern.
Thanks. That is very helpful. There is no transfer out fee that you can see? Otherwise it seems good.

•••
The date could go out a year and they could continue to charge 0.98 par mois.

Their hosting is 7.26 par mois why would you think it’s 7.26 par annee?

Last edited:
•••
The date could go out a year and they could continue to charge 0.98 par mois

It states next due date in a year from now on my invoice. When transferring it also says it's payment for a year.

It's not domainer friendly so I just moved some domains for personal use but I am quite impressed with the speed of their support.

•••
Thanks. That is very helpful. There is no transfer out fee that you can see? Otherwise it seems good.
I unlocked one of the domains in the control panel and was able to request the EPP code via email, which came almost immediately. As far as I can see, there does not appear to be any fees for transferring out.

•••
Greetings,

My name's Jason, I write on behalf of PlanetHoster and would like to address some of the questions brought up in this thread.

The transfer fees of 1 EUR (1.65 CAD) are a one-time payment, independent from the domain's renewal fees that you'd usual pay at the end of your domain's validity period. You'll find a list of our renewal fees per domain extension at the bottom of this page: planethoster[.]com/en/domain-names

When you transfer most domains in, an extra year will be added to that domain's existing period of validity (2020=>2021, 2021=>2020, and so on), regardless on whether or not the domain expires this year. This is the case for .com domains, for example.

Domains will be locked for 60 days upon transfer, this means that you will not be able to immediately transfer out those domains in order to obtain an extra year of validity for 1EUR/1.65CAD. When you transfer out, the gaining registrar will apply their transfer fees as well.

It is VERY important to note that this promo is directed towards end-users, and end-users ONLY. This is not meant for resellers, as it will quickly saturate the domain quota. Restrictions on quantities will be put in place in the beginning of next week and new transfers ordered from accounts created after May 8th, 2020 will be frozen until then.

Please take note that this account will not be explicitly monitored, therefore a reply might not be guaranteed.

Kind regards,

Jason
PlanetHoster Inc.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The transfer fees of 1 EUR (1.65 CAD) are a one-time payment, independent from the domain's renewal fees that you'd usual pay at the end of your domain's validity period.
Hello, I believe I understand what you mean there - but could you please clarify.

•••
do they have support on here?

•••
•••
Well it's Friday! Might be Saturday in France. Any word on the limits or if we're allowed to transfer more if we're resellers or something like that? :)

•••
Well it's Friday! Might be Saturday in France. Any word on the limits or if we're allowed to transfer more if we're resellers or something like that? :)

Limit ran out like above

•••
•••
planethoster.com is a completely messy, misleading and unprofessional company, who are not willing to rectify their mistakes after clear email communication it and making their customer suffer for weeks...

Some of their customer/ commercial service staff:

Kevin
Charles
Sebastian
Christian
Sylvain
Nick
Amine
Mina

ZERO coordination, completely untrustworthy, highly disappointed service. Don't deal with them. I waisted 2 weeks and still suffering...

Anybody needs proof, please don't hesitate to drop me a message....

•••
planethoster.com is a completely messy, misleading and unprofessional company, who are not willing to rectify their mistakes after clear email communication it and making their customer suffer for weeks...

Kevin
Charles
Sebastian
Christian
Sylvain
Nick
Amine
Mina

ZERO coordination, completely untrustworthy, highly disappointed service. Don't deal with them. I waisted 2 weeks and still suffering...

•••

Kevin
Charles
Sebastian
Christian
Sylvain
Nick
Amine
Mina

Cool story. So in short, what happened that justifies your claim?

I'm actually quite impressed by their level of support.

•••
I initiated 20 domains transfer under 1 euro promotion but only 10 got transferred.

They did notify me and resent a new link for transfer which I did again and continuously followed up with multiple customer service staff.

They initially they wanted to transfer 5 out of remaining 10. I asked them a simple question

Did I pay in time under promo ?
Have I done, what they told me to do in time ?
Am I at fault anywhere?

Just email Communication for weeks but disappointed service at the end as loads of effort was put but I will say its useless after multiple staff failed to do their job....

•••
I initiated 20 domains transfer under 1 euro promotion but only 10 got transferred.

They did notify me and resent a new link for transfer which I did again and continuously followed up with multiple customer service staff.

They initially they wanted to transfer 5 out of remaining 10. I asked them a simple question

Did I pay in time under promo ?
Have I done, what they told me to do in time ?
Am I at fault anywhere?

Just email Communication for weeks but disappointed service at the end as loads of effort was put but I will say its useless after multiple staff failed to do their job....

So they saved you money, let's say $100, and you're not happy?

They clearly stated this was an end-user promo. Tough luck if it didn't work out for all your domains. That's the risk of using promos like this. It's a calculated risk. Just show some gratitude.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back