IT.COM

domain 0199 (dot) com - Update

NameSilo
Watch

yaay

Established Member
Impact
I had this here a while ago, but it seems to me, the value of NNNN.com's has increased a lot over the last months.
I got a high $XXXX offer on this one recently through Sedo. And yes, it's a chinese buyer.

Should I wait a few more months ? Selling NNNN's when the price is rising that much seems stupid.

I appreciate any input you have.

Cheers,
yaay

The Number 0 is a whole number and it is also an even number for the money ends with 0.

The number 9 was historically associated with the Emperor of China, and the number was frequently used in matters relating to the Emperor, before the establishment of the imperial examinations officials were organized in the nine-rank system, the nine bestowments were rewards the Emperor made for officials of extraordinary capacity and loyalty, while the nine familial exterminations was one of the harshest punishments the Emperor sentenced; the Emperor's robes often had nine dragons, and Chinese mythology held that the dragon has nine children. It also symbolizes harmony.
Moreover, the number 9 is a homophone of the word for "long lasting", and as such is often used in weddings.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hold out for at least 5 figures on this one.

•••
•••
Quote your price for XX,XXX..
Selling at rise is the game and a winning move...you will never know when the peek is hit and the prices go tumbling down..

•••
I may be wrong but i think the nnnn/s starting with a zero is not as popular but on the other hand two 9's is handy, seems many nnnn's are heading into the xx,xxx bracket lately might be worth waiting, good luck

•••
Thanks for all of your comments so far.

I will wait a few more months and see what happens. I've had at least 10 offers via Sedo this year and about 50 email requests.

I may be wrong but i think the nnnn/s starting with a zero is not as popular but on the other hand two 9's is handy, seems many nnnn's are heading into the xx,xxx bracket lately might be worth waiting, good luck
Yes, I wondered the same. A 0 in the beginning doesn't seem too good, but I get offers/requests for the domain every week.
Thanks.

•••
Pretty sure there is numeric.com domain auction coming in couple months, there's an idea to submit it for auction at Sedo marketplace as long as they are happy to list it with decent reserve price. Whatever you decide to do tough truly wish all the best and good luck with the sale!

•••
Pretty sure there is numeric.com domain auction coming in couple months, there's an idea to submit it for auction at Sedo marketplace as long as they are happy to list it with decent reserve price. Whatever you decide to do tough truly wish all the best and good luck with the sale!

Thanks Miks. You were right.

Sedo just announced a Numeric Auction for 2014. Does this automatically mean my domain gets higher bids, if I submitt it there? What are your experiences ?

•••
I believe, the sedo auction asks you to set a reserve.

so, it would be the same as if you sent one of your previous offers to auction, except the reserve would start with that bid versus listing in sedo auction with a competitive reserve amount.

imo...

•••
Forgot about that, Biggie is right,

The way sedo auction work if you choose to accept highest offer for xxxxx domain now it would be sent to SEDO Market place auction for 7 days (current highest offer) would be set as current bid.

If you choose to wait for Numeric auctions you would submit your application with asking price (reserve),
But buyers can make any offer even bellow (reserve) price, although If reserved price has not been met by end of auction it would be your decision either to sell domain or hold out for better offers in future.

Mind when you send domain for either auction all of current bidders will be alerted and might improve on their current offers therefore I would suggest numeric auctions if your asking price is not met you can keep domain any way!!

•••
Counter offer with the amount you want. For someone to start with such an high offer means they have money to spend and they are serious about the name and won't walk away easily. Hope you get the best deal.

•••
If it's a dedicated auction i am thinking just place your reserve, it will be met or not met, obviously i am not referring to previous offers. Would be interesting to watch, let us know if you decide to list

•••
Just an update for those interested. I sold for 12.000€ (a little more than 10k € after the fees) and it should pop up on Sedo soon. With the recent NNNN.com sales I probably could have gotten a little more if I had waited longer, but you never know when the prices hit the top and when they start dropping again.

Thanks again for all who helped.

•••
I'm not knowledgeable enough on the value of NNNNs but it's something worth renewing until it sells from what I've been reading. G'luck

•••
You got a good deal there.
Cheers

•••
Just an update for those interested. I sold for 12.000€ (a little more than 10k € after the fees) and it should pop up on Sedo soon. With the recent NNNN.com sales I probably could have gotten a little more if I had waited longer, but you never know when the prices hit the top and when they start dropping again.

Thanks again for all who helped.

Good job
I'm happy for you :)
I knew such a domain name will be sold for low $xx,xxx or more especially if you would negotiate it further.

•••
From the numbers I've seen, you outperformed the average.

Congrats!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back