$0.01 Hosting Plans

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domains4u

Account Closed
Impact
Ok peeps here it is.

Host: www.HostGator.com

You may or maynot have already seen this but i spotted it on SitePoint , i tryed it out and it works. They also accept PayPal and theres no upfront charges, you just pay $0.01 and you get that month free.

Go to HostGator and click 'Order Now'. Fill out the information as asked, and were it says Coupon Code enter: sitepoint.

Proceed with the order, pay by CC or PP.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
nice find! why would HostGator want to do that though?

•••
Its a one-month trial offer. You will have to pay the full price after that or quit

•••
I thought that was obvious with him saying 1st month is free, or did you expect to get hosting for $0.01 per month after...lol

•••
I imagine the whole point of this is to attract Thousands of new members, a percentage of them just might become permenant members.

Sounds like a nice way to generate business, but they must keep there servers from overloading, otherwise no-1 will come back.

HostGator look like a semi-pro company so i imagine they have hugeee ammounts of space anyhow, maybe even dedicated servers. (When i say dedicated i mean there own servers in there own building)

•••
But is it just one month free correct? after that you need to pay full mount, correct?

•••
Yes its just for one month.
How much is full price the month after, and how long will they lock you in for?

•••
is HostGator really the best, I hear a lot about it.

•••
well hatchling is a yearly plan... and the sitepoint coupon simply deducts 9.85$ from the total. which plan do we need exactly? (not that i plan on buying)

that's a great idea though.

•••
well, hostgator is questionable but, if you want to use them you can get coupons that will give you the first moneth free, nothing at all, just search google

•••
Wow!

Sitepoint must be making quite a bit of money with this. Sitepoint must be getting something in return for their promotion.

•••
They are an advertiser at SitePoint so SP isn't making any money off of this. Just another promotion in tandem with an advertisement.

•••
It's a good idea for sure. Host Gator isn't the only one doing this. I think I saw StartLogic doing the same thing for $1 earlier this month.

•••
Hostgator uses dedicated servers from theplanet and if a pretty big company I think now saying they fill up a server in 3 days according to a news thing I seen. I also used to use them and they are pretty good with cpanel saying 4cpu's cool. But if you need a vps or dedicated server I would get one instead they are strict on that.

•••
Is hostgator overselling though? They might be good now, but with such great prices and everyone flocking to them what will the quality be like next month or next year?

•••
I don't think they are overselling.

•••
obvio said:
Is hostgator overselling though? They might be good now, but with such great prices and everyone flocking to them what will the quality be like next month or next year?
hostgator have been around for ages, there one of the most respected hosting companys around so they arnt goin 2 throw it all away by doin somethink stupid

•••
That is what I thought, they are a more respectable company than PolurNET. But, PolurNET is up there with the big guys!

•••
HostGator has become popular recently especially due to this campaign and i havent heard much complains about it

•••
it's better to sell their excess bandwidth, earn some money and publibity, than wasting them.

•••
www.ri.sch.edu.sg said:
it's better to sell their excess bandwidth, earn some money and publibity, than wasting them.

this is not called wasting, this is called good marketing.

•••
edmarriner said:
hostgator have been around for ages, there one of the most respected hosting companys around so they arnt goin 2 throw it all away by doin somethink stupid

Actually, you'd be surprised. There are several companies way before the 2002 establishment of HostGator. It was actually started by a 20ish-year-old, but they had a good business plan to start. I've heard from former customers that the problem with them these days is the fact they outsource over 80% of their staff, and alledgedly change the names of their outsourced staff members to common names [got this info from a former employee of HG!]. Since deciding to outsource most of their staff to cut costs, many have noticed a decrease in quality as well. Although, they are definately one of the reknown and respected companies, and more successful compared to other "infamous" ones like iPowerWeb, midphase or globat.

ZestNetwork said:
That is what I thought, they are a more respectable company than PolurNET. But, PolurNET is up there with the big guys!

Perhaps, but time will tell :)

shanee86 said:
I also used to use them and they are pretty good with cpanel saying 4cpu's cool.

It's IO that's important, not CPUs necessarily. A lightly-used Celeron is much more reliable than an overloaded Xeon, which tend to have 600+ accounts. But, of course, having the good server specifications helps to avoid unnecessary problems in the future

Last edited:
•••
HostGator are good but they oversell so I would keep away for the time being.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back