Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Can one of the russian .pro users explain their perspective on .pro domains. It is my impression that more people are aware of .pro outside of the Us than in. That's a good thing!

•••
Can somebody say the final price for clipart.pro on Snapnames?
Thanks.

•••
wаiter & vеgan dot pro. Is that good names with pro extension?

I like Vegan. Could be e-commerce or information only.

I personally wouldn't buy Waiter. You might be able to get it at EnCirca for $2.99, but in one year you'll spend five times that for a renewal.

8^X

Last edited:
•••
Anyone seen any good developed .pro's they want to report? I've been reworking some of my sites like sparkle.pro for online jewelry.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Interesting situation,
E****ca sent me email, that domain that I registered, has already been registered earlier and was mistakenly deleted. They are willing to credit me by mid $xx if I willing to give up the domain.

What do you think should I do?
Thanks.

•••
Anyone any good graphically to create a .pro icon for this? Perhaps if he has one Eric will add it.

http://www.namepros.com/namepros-info-and-suggestions/758082-added-extension-forum-icons.html

Thanks,

Ben

EnCirca has a page with a number of "standard" .pro designs. They prefer that you use one of the registry's official designs.

On the other hand I prefer that they drop registration restrictions but so far they aren't listening.

-----------------------------------------------

Just in case you missed the article, a study was done by HybridDomainer to determine the 10,000 most popular topics on the internet (by domain count).

http://www.hybriddomainer.com/2012/...r-topics-on-the-internet-by-domain-count.html

Pro was number TEN on the list. That's 10th position out of 10,000. I wonder if anyone at Afilias has calculated how much money they've lost by not dropping the restrictions?

8^X

•••
I think Afilias needs ICANN permission to drop restrictions, else they face problems similar to what the .jobs registry is facing.

Though, tbh, I don't see the current restrictions as a drawback at all, do you really want to open the zone to spammers and scammers?

HybridDomainer didn't do the study, he just blogged about it, it was done by LeadDomainSearch http://www.leandomainsearch.com/blo...opular-topics-on-the-internet-by-domain-count

I think on that list 'art' is what surprised a LOT of people, I've been commenting on the lack of available 'art' domains for a while now.

PRO is at number 10, excellent for brand development and certainly a huge plus for the extension.

•••
I'm just not seing how art could be that popular a search phrase. I personally like it, but who is searching on art...really?!

•••
•••
•••
ex my domain.. I sold it for 4,600$:
www.diva.pro

Hi Londoneli! What do you think about my carat.pro?

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

just sold: yellowpages.pro (Sedo)

•••
just sold: yellowpages.pro

your lucky it's gone, the yellowpage people are paranoid about their trademark. Hide the profit under the mattress

•••
your lucky it's gone, the yellowpage people are paranoid about their trademark. Hide the profit under the mattress

Should I be afraid of their claims?

•••
Though, tbh, I don't see the current restrictions as a drawback at all, do you really want to open the zone to spammers and scammers?

Well I'm glad you keep up with this stuff because I can't read any more newsletters than I already do. Seems like every other article is about another UDRP and I've about had all I can stand on that subject.

But regarding the restrictions, I see them as the single factor that has kept total registration below 100,000 when it could be well into the millions. If Pros aren't being sold then there's no profit to be made. And without the profit motive no one (no registrar) is willing to invest any money in promoting dot Pro.

You said that you don't see the current restrictions as a drawback. OK, let's agree that they are not a drawback. If that's the case, what will eventually bring any real value to the Pros? Throw me a bone. I'm dying here. {:~ ]

8^X

•••
As with all other extensions, resale markup comes from buyer awareness, whether through development or promotion, that is the inherent value of .com, at least imho.

Getting the right SLD (domain keyword) is pretty much most of the battle, luck / venue helps when it comes to resale, why a Diva.pro sells for more than Cruise.pro for example.

Go out and find end users, waiting for them to come to you might be easier, but the profits are in going after them yourself.

•••
Sales over..time to develop! I'll be working over the next month to raise rank on 3dtv.pro as currently with little development it on page 4-5 of google results under 3dtv

I'll report back on my progress for raising rank with the goal of page1.

•••
As with all other extensions, resale markup comes from buyer awareness, whether through development or promotion, that is the inherent value of .com, at least imho.

Thanks for the input Samit. I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a minute.

You say "As with all other extensions ..." I think I'd have to stop there and say that with the restrictions, Pros are unique and not at all like all other extensions.

And as a promoter I'd ask myself why I would want to invest money to promote an extension that has a built in anchor slowing it down.

Getting the right SLD (domain keyword) is pretty much most of the battle, luck / venue helps when it comes to resale, why a Diva.pro sells for more than Cruise.pro for example.

I couldn't agree more with your first statement. I was lucky enough to stumble on to Pros when there were some good pickins to be had. They're not all golden but their quality is something I don't worry about. And when I do make a sale I'd say that luck and keyword are the reasons. I think if you have one without the other you're not going to make many sales.

Go out and find end users, waiting for them to come to you might be easier, but the profits are in going after them yourself.

For a number of reasons I'm not in the position to do this.

8^X

•••
You say "As with all other extensions ..." I think I'd have to stop there and say that with the restrictions, Pros are unique and not at all like all other extensions.
There are a LOT of ccTLDs with nexus requirements (restrictions) that do very well - including .de, .co.uk, .com.au & .ca - not so much gTLDs but there it is. In the case of .pro I think the restrictions reduce the risk for site visitors since not everyone can own one and the ones that do provide verifiable pro credentials to the registry unlike .com.

And as a promoter I'd ask myself why I would want to invest money to promote an extension that has a built in anchor slowing it down.
You are not investing money in promoting the extension, none of us are tbh, you're investing in keywords that you assume will give you good ROI.

I have less than 50 .pro domains, the max I've ever had and I'm not worried at all about my investment in .pro - a couple of sales will put me in the black.

Renewal rates are down from $100 to $15, registrations are up from 15k to 100k and frequent sales posted, which is all a positive for the extension.

Oh and when I said 'go out and find end users' I didn't mean it literally, you can contact end users by email.

•••
I think Afilias needs ICANN permission to drop restrictions, else they face problems similar to what the .jobs registry is facing.

HybridDomainer didn't do the study, he just blogged about it, it was done by LeadDomainSearch http://www.leandomainsearch.com/blo...opular-topics-on-the-internet-by-domain-count

I think on that list 'art' is what surprised a LOT of people, I've been commenting on the lack of available 'art' domains for a while now.

PRO is at number 10, excellent for brand development and certainly a huge plus for the extension.
MWZD..A NEWBIE HERE. I THOUGHT THAT .PRO WAS FOR PROFESSIONALS, doctors, lawyers.I have seen the craziest .pros here..explain, PLEASE!
Thanks,Serry

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back