NameSilo

discuss The NFC & Mobile Tech Discussion and Showcase (Tap / Wallet / Money)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another trend on the way with tapping phones hitting the masses. Especially with Google Wallet launching and NFC phones becoming the norm. Here are a few of my best. Most have gone. "Tag" is also a key word... Anyone else have any?

TapAndPIN.com
Buy-Tap.com
MateTap.com
TapPurchase.com
NFCTap.It
PayTap.It
PurchaseTap.com
TagNTap.com
Tap2Fight.com
Tap2Follow.com
Tap2Pay.It
Tap2Share.It
Tap4.It
Tap4Discount.com
TapFollow.com
TapX.It
TransferTap.com
XchangeTap.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
P.S. Mis Chiff, hope you dont mind me posting this 1 minute video, that showcases NFC Potential

Thanks for the video. I'm pleased to see Nokia having a real crack at NFC. If they get it right, could it be their saving grace?

•••
It is all over the BBC News here in the UK today, Barclays Bank introduce Pay by mobile phone service called PingIt!!

Another new word to watch out for - ping. This news has got non tech people talking. I've been interested in mobile for some time, and it's interesting to ask people what word they would use to describe something tecchie like location base services. It's likely some new word will come in and take over, surprising everyone.

Here's a reported mobile sales thread:
http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/695093-mobile-com-sales.html

Is it ok to mention slightly adult tap themes or names here?

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

I'm pleased to see Nokia having a real crack at NFC. If they get it right, could it be their saving grace?

Went out the window some time ago imo.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

I take it you're not a big fan of .mobi?

Let's not disturb a domainer graveyard - it has a whole, quiet, section of this forum of its own where you can read all about it:
http://www.namepros.com/dot-mobi/714809-iphone-ipad-mobile-sites-worth-having.html
http://www.namepros.com/694266-do-dot-mobi-sites-rank-search-2.html

Last edited:
•••
Some reg-fee names I have

MobiTap.co.uk
WirelessPay.co.uk
TapnGo.co.uk
WalleTec.com (I like this brandable name)

•••
•••
People please stop! Hundreds of dollars have been wasted.

New technology does not mean that random domains containing "tap", "ping", "NFC", in this case, are worth registering. I suggest that all domains registered the last few days be grace deleted!!!

•••
•••
That's funny

:lol::lol::lol:

Funny because billping is worth $0 and you spent real money on it? You'll learn but I realize it takes years!

•••
Funny because billping is worth $0 and you spent real money on it? You'll learn but I realize it takes years!

Um, It's my money, who are you to tell anyone how to spend their money?

You need to worry about your own backyard and not your neighbors.

•••
Um, It's my money, who are you to tell anyone how to spend their money?

You need to worry about your own backyard and not your neighbors.

I'm not telling you how to spend your money. What I am doing is making a suggestion to folks who are donating their money to the registrars.

If you publically disclose your purchases, you better be willing to accept criticism. In your case, and many others, you've lost money but will only see it when you decide to let your domain/s expire!

•••
I'm not telling you how to spend your money. What I am doing is making a suggestion to folks who are donating their money to the registrars.

If you publically disclose your purchases, you better be willing to accept criticism. In your case, and many others, you've lost money but will only see it when you decide to let your domain/s expire!

And one who criticizes publicly is also open to criticism, and my critique to you is that you are way out of line Suggesting others should Delete their domains only because you believe they are worthless.

Remember one persons trash could be another persons Treasure :)

Last edited:
•••
And one who criticizes publicly is also open to criticism, and my critique to you is that you are way out of line Suggesting others should Delete their domains only because you believe they are worthless.

Remember one persons trash could be another persons Treasure :)

Yes well next we'll have people in this thread saying those domains are worthless, just hand them over to save the trouble of deleting them. LOL.

New forms of money are developing and there will be new terms for them, so someone might hit the jackpot here but more likely most of the speculative terms will be worthless in the long run. But not all.

I was really surprised at Barclays Bank using ping until I found they actually had done research last year:

http://www.newsroom.barclays.com/Pr...-is-developing-amongst-Twitter-users-74c.aspx

Barclays today released the new lexicon of financial terminology that is changing traditional banking terms. The study, based on research of the way people talk about money on social networking site, Twitter, reveals 43 per cent of people think that the informal nature of banking via mobile phones has changed the way people now talk about, and refer to money.

With six in ten ‘Tweeters’ using mobile banking to manage their money, (compared to four in ten of the wider UK population using mobile banking), the study found that Twitter users are driving a language change...

Their research contains a list of terms they identified. Some weren't really new, just informal.

Last edited:
•••
Yes well next we'll have people in this thread saying those domains are worthless, just hand them over to save the trouble of deleting them. LOL.

LOL....Exactly

Good find on the article Carob, POP looks like a good one :)

I donated some more money to godaddy and got,
PopNPay.com
PopandPay.com
PopPayday.com
PopNCash.com
PopandCash.com
PopNFC.COM
PopTransaction.com
PopTransactions.com

:)

Last edited:
•••

Yes let's add worthless domains to my account so I can ramp up my annual renewal fees. Now that's funny :bingo:

This thread reminds me of the .co thread. Folks run and register tons of domains based on a dream. The dream...buying into something ahead of the times with hopes of cashing in big.

In the case of this thread, you're all years behind the trend. All the absolute best domains centered around this "new" technology have been registered for some time!

Many here at NP have witnessed history repeat itself over and over and try to warn those with blinders on. Some folks listen and save money. Others just have to learn the hard way unfortunately :td:

•••
NFCPage (dot) com

Got it a while ago, for all things NFC.

•••
Yes let's add worthless domains to my account so I can ramp up my annual renewal fees. Now that's funny :bingo:

They are hardly worthless. Did you see the sales figures names related to the larger technology - do a search for "RFID" and be blown away?

Nothing sells like open standard technology names that get incorporated into a device and become standard features.

•••
•••
They are hardly worthless. Did you see the sales figures names related to the larger technology - do a search for "RFID" and be blown away?

whats your source of the info? according to dnsaleprice (keyword: RFID) there were only 13 deals closed via public auction sites (sedo, afternic, snapnames, buydomains) from Jan'05 till Dec'10 (no later deals reported) with total proceedings of $10,982 = less than $850/sale... not many by any measure imho..

•••
Recently I couldn't find anything to do with my 1.99 code from Godaddy so I registered NFCphone in the dot org extension.

I plan to have it collect dust until I can sell it for enough NP$ to buy a charity ribbon in support of the Parsons Foundation.

•••
whats your source of the info? according to dnsaleprice (keyword: RFID) there were only 13 deals closed via public auction sites (sedo, afternic, snapnames, buydomains) from Jan'05 till Dec'10 (no later deals reported) with total proceedings of $10,982 = less than $850/sale... not many by any measure imho..

Exactly :zzz:

•••
NFCFOCUS.COM

That's a nice one.

i would also want to get the feel of its beauty but i could only find 3 (!) NFC domain sales thru the whole Sedo+Afternic+DNF+etc history.. 1 .com, 1 .es, 1 .info - compare to cloud domains if you talk of hot technology.. "NearField" word combination has zero presence in sold names at all... can you guys comment on this strange NFC behavior pattern? ..theres another example - ajax has been very hot. guess what - only 6 domains sales reported (last in 2009) with term ajax in the name.. as i posted above RFID is only in 13 reported domains.. simply put maybe not all hot technology terms/abbreviations are good fit for web names, what you think?

•••
i would also want to get the feel of its beauty but i could only find 3 (!) NFC domain sales thru the whole Sedo+Afternic+DNF+etc history.. 1 .com, 1 .es, 1 .info - compare to cloud domains if you talk of hot technology.. "NearField" word combination has zero presence in sold names at all... can you guys comment on this strange NFC behavior pattern? ..theres another example - ajax has been very hot. guess what - only 6 domains sales reported (last in 2009) with term ajax in the name.. as i posted above RFID is only in 13 reported domains.. simply put maybe not all hot technology terms/abbreviations are good fit for web names, what you think?

Always remember that you never know how many, if any names have been sold privately.
I have sold names privately that have never been published.
I sold a domain back in 2006 for $8000 and you cant find that sale anywhere because the buyer wanted to remain private.
And I had a recent Buy Now sale at Sedo last month for $1500 and it wasn't published.

Last edited:
•••

You actually think all sales are reported? :)

•••
simply put maybe not all hot technology terms/abbreviations are good fit for web names, what you think?

Agree, that's what I've been saying all along. Cloud is successful imo not just because cloud computing is big and a big change in how things are done, but also because cloud is a nice, familiar, fluffy and vague word.

I've no doubt NFC names for tech services will be big, but how consumers will refer to NFC services is the big question. Maybe they will say NFC, after all GPS is widely used as a term.

But we may all be barking up the wrong tree. You may not be making payments on a phone, but on a banana once invoked computing gets going - check it out, it is real http://www.situatedresearch.com/blo...ing-device-free-ubiquitous-augmented-reality/
The system won the grand prize at Laval Virtual 2011 in France and was on display at the Digital Content Expo in Tokyo with two proof of concept prototypes. The first demonstration turns a regular banana into a phone. By using a high speed camera to track the banana and a parametric speaker array to direct the sound in a very narrow beam, this creates the impression that the sound is coming directly out of the banana. The second demonstration is a laptop in a pizza box. The video and sound is projected onto the lid of the pizza box and the user can interact with it by moving the playhead and changing the volume.

nfcpingtapcloud.com is free, but probably not for long.

Last edited:
•••
Here are some Published Ping sales, who knows how many private sales there have been.

ePing com $8,700 Jan 10 NameJet
PingChat com $6,000 Jun 10
Ping net $5,799 Jun 07 SnapNames
PingAll com $3,588 Feb 11 DNJournal
PingWatch com $1,850 Nov 08 Sedo
LowPings com $1,700 Oct 07 Sedo
PingMe net $1,700 Feb 11 Sedo
PingWizard com $1,000 Dec 10 Sedo
PingNetworks com $1,000 Aug 09

•••
You actually think all sales are reported? :)

of course not :) but we have no reason to assume that % of sales reported in RFID/NFC/Ajax/etc domains should be seriously different from that of Cloud names for example, right?.. so we have some trend to figure where it is going - if only 50% reported the numbers are still..well..weak. or those are secret government technologies so that only small amount of off-shore sales can reach public? :)

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

P.S. just because you can only find a couple of sales, it does not mean that offers are not being made on nfc names. I know for a fact and speaking to the owners that a substantial about of money is being thrown at these names.

i do wish you all the best luck with NFC names and i never meant to upset your feelings towards this term in any way but looking at my cellphone i'm asking myself - it has so many ICs, speech coders/decoders, transistors, walkie-talkies, video accelerators, bluetooth interfaces and god knows what else in it.. and how many of these terms became vauable domain names for businesses or wider audience?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back