NameSilo

discuss The NFC & Mobile Tech Discussion and Showcase (Tap / Wallet / Money)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another trend on the way with tapping phones hitting the masses. Especially with Google Wallet launching and NFC phones becoming the norm. Here are a few of my best. Most have gone. "Tag" is also a key word... Anyone else have any?

TapAndPIN.com
Buy-Tap.com
MateTap.com
TapPurchase.com
NFCTap.It
PayTap.It
PurchaseTap.com
TagNTap.com
Tap2Fight.com
Tap2Follow.com
Tap2Pay.It
Tap2Share.It
Tap4.It
Tap4Discount.com
TapFollow.com
TapX.It
TransferTap.com
XchangeTap.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've had some interest in my wallet names.

WalletSelect dot com had 7 whois searches yesterday and 3 so far today.

Just regged this one off the drops the other day.

Not sure if it's just people on the forum though.

42 whois searches last month for TapandPay dot net.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I've had some interest in my wallet names.

WalletSelect dot com had 7 whois searches yesterday and 3 so far today.

Just regged this one off the drops the other day.

Not sure if it's just people on the forum though.

42 whois searches last month for TapandPay dot net.

I think it might be people from this forum, I have just had 23 look ups for PayBySim.com and I only reg'd it a couple of hours ago.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

NFC just became a whole lot bigger -

New Wii-U Controller Has NFC for scanning applicable real-life objects into games

http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles/2507/20120605/e3-2012-new-wii-u-controller-nfc.htm

Last edited:
•••
Just regged

smartwallets.net

Iv'e had some low very low xxx offers on

nearfieldcommunication.in

I don't want to get let it go to cheap what kind of price is right?

•••
Iv'e had some low very low xxx offers on

Very nice name , I wouldnt accept anything less than $10,000 in my opinion mate. I have the .Pro version.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Sale -

cashwhiz.com $3,800.00

Last edited:
•••
Thanks mrcurly
Great news I'd be happy with £1000 at present only becuase its that time of the year to renew lol

I suppose nearfieldcommunication will hold its own, mainly because it will always be nfc tech used on mobile pay.

A lot of the domains i'm registering tap,mobilepay, mobilewallet,wave, mobilepayment it is not a definate that it will be called that particular name but nfc tech is a given though i'm leaning on the tap name side from what i have read of late.

Have you had a lot of interest with your mobile related domains lately.

•••
Very nice name , I wouldnt accept anything less than $10,000
$10,000 for a .in domain that was registered less than a year ago ? :|
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and while the domain itself is not bad domainers need to realize that the game is not about holding out for the big payday (6+ figures), it most likely will never happen. Instead, makes sales at realistic prices (that should still make you happy), and repeat them often.

•••
Nebulalive

I would say for sure that it will be called a Mobile Wallet, dropping down to Wallet. CloudComputing was dropped down to Cloud and with Credit Card people tend to use just Card. All sets of domains will hold their value in my opinion, Tap will hold value because that is the action you make and relates to mobile payments which in itself does what it says on the tin. I would not advise just registering any words with these words in, it has to make sense. I do have interest in my domains and have received offers from fellow domainers which I will not mention because that is private. I had a 5 year plan from the start when I reg'd my first mobile wallet domain in July last year. I am in no rush to sell anything lowball, I have done that in the past.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

$10,000 for a .in domain that was registered less than a year ago ? :|
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and while the domain itself is not bad domainers need to realize that the game is not about holding out for the big payday (6+ figures), it most likely will never happen. Instead, makes sales at realistic prices (that should still make you happy), and repeat them often.

Good advice, It was only my opinion though. The offers will come in bigger for that name.

Last edited:
•••
Cheers mcurly

It makes sense with the mobile wallet turning to wallet etc.

I have had some interest in

Mobilewalletgiftcards.com

Don't want to sell to cheap as it might go to some big co.

There is a lot of talk at present about about mobile wallet giftcards being a huge part of mobile money etc.

•••
•••
•••
Don't want to sell to cheap as it might go to some big co.

Your Nearfieldcommunication.in will go the same way, that is why I put a price tag of 10k on it. In my opinion, I think the players in the mobile wallet game have deep pockets, but it is upto yourself at the value you place on your domains and your circumstances.
I am no expert so please dont feel what I am saying is on the ball, I just say what I see. Its all good though.

•••
WOW great thread guys, i've the name NFCYOU dot com thought it was a good pick up, after reading this thread, I like my name even more now!

•••
mrcurly cheers for all your input you are a star.

Have you any good tips on selling to end users regarding mobile wallet etc!

Or do you wait to get offers coming in?, I feel like i fall at the first hurdle trying to send out letters to end users especially when they are new-ish niche domains and i haven't got figures to give the company etc search ranks etc because i am selling the particular domain for its future worth in that trend?

This week i have had the most interest and offers mainly through who is emails do people know something we don't lol or have all the best names gone and companies are going crazy buying up!

•••

Personally, I dont think names like this will be do well, they are just too long and if you look at the names in this niche that are being developed, they are short brandable names, history proves this and nothing is going to change just because a new technology comes along

It's like looking for for developed site with "HighDefinitionTelevision", they just aren't around, and if there are, they are few and far between, long phrases like this either get abbreviated or companies prefer brandable, short names relevant to their business.

•••
Personally, I dont think names like this will be do well, they are just too long and if you look at the names in this niche that are being developed, they are short brandable names, history proves this and nothing is going to change just because a new technology comes along

It's like looking for for developed site with "HighDefinitionTelevision", they just aren't around, and if there are, they are few and far between, long phrases like this either get abbreviated or companies prefer brandable, short names relevant to their business.

Sale - Nearfieldcommunication.org - $3500

The sale was over 8 months ago and the tech has come a long way since then.

http://morganlinton.com/from-8-to-3500-my-first-trend-domain-flip/

Last edited:
•••
Yeah Stu, but this one sales with this exact term, you will find this the exception rather than the rule....most wont want something this long and the proof is the number of short mobile wallet/NFC sites compared to very few names this long

Obviously if you have the .com you will be ok

•••
Giles

My guess is that if a company buys nearfieldcommunication.in , it may well be for traffic purposes and not for use as a brand name if the term gets good search results. A NFC company in India may well buy NFC.in as the branding. I appreciate that the name is long, however I do feel it would be a great buy for a large NFC company based in India.

Last edited:
•••
That is the only reason they would be buy, just for traffic, so they aren't going to spend the big bucks like they would for a shorter name to use for their main site, this is my point, sure you can make a couple of grand if you lucky, but that's about it.

You are better off buying the shorter names to start with, remember, this name was only registered last year

•••
Companies do spend big bucks on domains for traffic, my price suggestion of $10k is not big bucks for the right company. Contacting companies with a name I feel you are limited to what you can ask for but if a company contacts you I think it is a different ball game because the company wants your domain and you dont have to try and sell it to them. That is why I dont contact end users. This is my opinion only, I am no expert but this is how I would ride with this name.

Last edited:
•••
Companies do spend big bucks on domains for traffic

ok, if you believe that, the big money is spent on their primary domains, there are exceptions with the Google's, Microsoft's and Apple's of this world, but they aren't going to buy the names we have

Unfortunately, domainers like us dont have names good enough to sit around waiting for a sale and for end-users to come to us, you will never sell many names without approaching end-users

•••
reg'd mobilewallet(s).co, mobilewallet(s).tv, mobilewallet(s).fr and mobilewallet(s).es, mobilewallets.org and a lot more...

GL to all !

•••
Unfortunately, domainers like us dont have names good enough to sit around waiting for a sale and for end-users to come to us, you will never sell many names without approaching end-users

It is perfectly fine approaching end-users, but to approach an end-user and ask for a lot of money does not really sit well with me, that is why I personally choose not to do it. Every one can choose to contact an enduser if they wish, but after you have convinced them that they need your domain, try not to scare them off when they ask how much you want for it.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
It is perfectly fine approaching end-users, but to approach an end-user and ask for a lot of money does not really sit well with me, that is why I personally choose not to do it. Every one can choose to contact an enduser if they wish, but after you have convinced them that they need your domain, try not to scare them off when they ask how much you want for it.

Thats right, don't ask for a fortune unless you really think the name is worth it, thats where most domainers go wrong

•••
Shipments of NFC-ready POS terminals doubled to 2.5 million in 2011

http://www.iphoneeinstein.com/2012/...pos-terminals-doubled-to-2-5-million-in-2011/

I see that -

Tap2Park.com
TapToPark.com

Have already been reg'd

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Mobile wallet systems could hurt brick-and-mortar banks, survey suggests

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/int...ould-hurt-brick-mortar-banks-survey-suggests/

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

I've noticed a lot of the big players are using words like - Tap, Mobile Wallet and Wallet, hopefully when the big players use these words they will start to stick, which can only be good for us domainers. ( Example below )

http://www.paywithisis.com/whatis.xhtml

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back