IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I find that some of the prices are pretty high, but it's good news for the sellers (hoping it's not just the registry that is making money).

You didn't know the last .me Sedo auction was a registry auction either :) And yes, you're correctly pointing out, the market is heating up, getting better with this extension.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Maybe. But they all seem to have reserves of at least $499 so there is no point bidding unless you think it is worth $500 or more - quite a few went unsold in the last auction. In fact at least some of those unsold ones from the last auction are now listed on Sedo as "make offer". Has anyone tried making an offer on one of those?

I see that, I don't expect anything but I tried a few, will see what happens.

•••
Those prices for the auction are pretty impressive for a relatively new ext... Out of the 3 latest major extensions(not including .xxx), it looks like they rank as follows:
1. .me
2. .co
3. .tel lagging far behind

I think in the next 5 years, .me is going to see the biggest increases out of all the extensions... .org will probably also see some rises in the next 5 years, but I think .me could possibly have huge price increases in the next 5 years... It's just a good extension, it seems to be catching on among the general public...

•••
BookHotel.me
LogoDesigner.me

Open for offers via PM ;)
thx:)

•••
Hi there,

I would like to submit an offer for a parked .me but the guy is hiding behind who.is privacy and the email address I found in my research is not monitored it seems. It's regged at Godaddy and they offer a "domain buy service" for $69.99 + 10% commission.

What other options do I have?

•••
Hi there,

I would like to submit an offer for a parked .me but the guy is hiding behind who.is privacy and the email address I found in my research is not monitored it seems. It's regged at Godaddy and they offer a "domain buy service" for $69.99 + 10% commission.

Have you emailed the address given in the whois?

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

I see that, I don't expect anything but I tried a few, will see what happens.

I put in a bid on one of those names that did't sell in a previous auction which is now listed as "make offer" but got no reply. They did not make a counter-offer at all.

Anyone else got any info on this one?

•••
There are still a lot of not high quality (verb)+.me domains in marketplace etc Sedo right?

•••
•••
Have you read my post?

Your post says
the email address I found in my research is not monitored it seems

I was asking you if you have emailed the address given in the whois - did your original post refer to an email address you found in the whois?

It is possible the registrant received an email and chose not to reply.

•••
Hi there,

domaintools.com >> Register there or get a free trial >> Whois history "NS History - Changes recorded" >> Most probably they'd catch the whois email before the privacy protection got enabled.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Let's see who the buyers were for these names. Perhaps some end-users. I just acquired one name in the auction which I intend to develop into a platform.

The GEOs did OK. Vancouver - yes, but I thought newyork and usa would go for higher.

Cuba.me, a great GEO, is on auction at SEDO, with a decent first bid.

•••
domaintools.com >> Register there or get a free trial >> Whois history "NS History - Changes recorded" >> Most probably they'd catch the whois email before the privacy protection got enabled.

Thanks :), it's the same email in there I contacted before. Let's see maybe this time I will not be ignored...

•••
Thanks :), it's the same email in there I contacted before. Let's see maybe this time I will not be ignored...

If it's a @domainsbyproxy.com email, sending an email directly to the address will redirect your message to the domain owner.

•••
If it's a @domainsbyproxy.com email, sending an email directly to the address will redirect your message to the domain owner.

That's not always the case. Godaddy told me that you can opt to not receive emails if you do not want to be contacted.

•••
Just registered:
TheCaribbean.me
CentralAmerica.me
Towns.me

•••
•••
Noob here...

How much is the renewal for a .me?

Shocked to see 35,000+ names on sedo.

•••
Noob here...

How much is the renewal for a .me?

Shocked to see 35,000+ names on sedo.

Depends on the registrar and then if you're in any clubs and such. With GoDaddy, being in the Discount Club and using 30% off coupons, renewals are $13.99.

•••
just setup safebrowsing.me

an application built for internet users to lookup an URL whether it's contains phising, malware or not trusted. :hehe:

•••
just setup safebrowsing.me

an application built for internet users to lookup an URL whether it's contains phising, malware or not trusted. :hehe:

Interesting!!

I tried one of my sites (and I know it's the safest site on the web) but the result was:

"Unsafe It's not recommended to visit the site. But if you understand the risk and need……"

Not impressed! :]

•••
Amu.me - $450

Private sale

•••
anyone know where i can find daily .me dropped/expired list?

•••
Have you emailed the address given in the whois?

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

I put in a bid on one of those names that did't sell in a previous auction which is now listed as "make offer" but got no reply. They did not make a counter-offer at all.

Anyone else got any info on this one?

No reply here either, just went past the 7 days. One of them was from this most recent auction and I offered above the reserve they had at the auction.

•••
No reply here either, just went past the 7 days. One of them was from this most recent auction and I offered above the reserve they had at the auction.

Did the domain have an offer at auction? In most cases, it takes more than a week to complete a transaction through sedo.

•••
Did the domain have an offer at auction? In most cases, it takes more than a week to complete a transaction through sedo.

It didn't meet reserve at auction and from checking, afterwards, they put those domains up at Sedo at Make Offer. As an example, Japan.me didn't make reserve, you can make offers for it now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back