Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One word verbs and adjectives, particularly call-to-action, remain strong.

I am currently running a Godaddy auction with single word .me

Animating.me
Decorative.me
+++

See list in sig if interested

•••
anyone have a final sales tally of all the ME names in the SnapNames auction --- these sales look super -- pre-Recession numbers? I'm pleasantly surprised :)

•••
anyone have a final sales tally of all the ME names in the SnapNames auction --- these sales look super -- pre-Recession numbers? I'm pleasantly surprised :)

excitement much? :P

•••
it's always good to see domain auctions but no real people have benefited form it till now it's all number as you can see and registrars are making money because of that hype people keep registering more and more, unless anyone has sold any .me domain in mid X,XXX

i have bought many from people and also sold 2 in the past for high XXX and Low XXXX but now the market just seems dull

•••
•••
Here's the final Snapnames .ME auction list:

Trade.me $18,501.00
Click.me $17,200.00
Map.me $14,500.00
Job.me $10,000.00
Design.me $9,250.00
Mini.me $9,250.00
Phone.me $8,400.00
Baby.me $6,250.00
Auction.me $6,250.00
Name.me $6,000.00
VIP.me $4,200.00
Auto.me $4,100.00
See.me $3,900.00
Cool.me $2,650.00
Use.me $2,000.00
Hot.me $2,000.00
Guide.me $2,000.00
Good.me $2,000.00
Talk.me $1,900.00
Get.me $1,806.00
Change.me $1,750.00
Clone.me $1,561.00
LookAt.me $1,550.00
Adopt.me $1,500.00
Max.me $1,425.00
Let.me $1,300.00
Inform.me $1,300.00
Log.me $1,100.00
Media.me $1,080.00
Fun.me $1,000.00
Bug.me $800.00
Sport.me $750.00
Believe.me $700.00
Feel.me $500.00
Provide.me $500.00

I picked up Phone.me...

I think its a great-call-to-action, catch-phrase domain, with a killer keyword that represents the massive global telecoms market, chock full of seriously deep-pocket end users competing fiercely....Fair chance one of those end users will want to brand this domain, I reckon...

Alternatively, it'd make a great internet phone service business...

Last edited:
•••
These are very nice sales; they exceeded my expectations -they certainly pale in comparison to the multimillion dollar sales of dating.com and slots.com this week -- but these a very high numbers for such a novice extension

Phone.me was a great pickup, DT -- I also like map.me, trade.me, click.me, name.me, and hot.me, fun.me, vip.me (for non-call-to-action verb names)--- oh, guide.me, believe.me and inform.me - very good too, as well as see.me (that has lots of potential - adult, technology, photo, video, entertainment) - congrats to the buyers!

•••
I picked up Phone.me...

I think its a great-call-to-action, catch-phrase domain, with a killer keyword that represents the massive global telecoms market, chock full of seriously deep-pocket end users competing fiercely....Fair chance one of those end users will want to brand this domain, I reckon...

Well done!

I completely agree with your analytical appraisal. The telecommunications industry is the backbone of the modern developed society and therefore the opportunities for phone.me are countless.

•••
Thanks, Jawed & nametrekker....I'm happy to have that domain....:)

•••
Nice domain indeed! Congratulations DomainTalker.

•••
nice pick on phone.me congrats :)

•••
now you are talking Domain Talker, great catch for a good price I think.. should have been around mid $xxxx to be fair on this one though, no?

•••
Again, thanks for the kind words, tata668, and Shahid7...:)

now you are talking Domain Talker, great catch for a good price I think.. should have been around mid $xxxx to be fair on this one though, no?

Hard to say re purchase price on this one, mate....Would have gone for around mid $xxxx, but for another bidder that fought me for it.

I've seen at least 10 premium .Me domains sell for around $20,000 (not to mention Date.me, that sold for $70,000), so I actually feel $8400 was a good price for a killer keyword/catch phrase, like Phone.me

With the right marketing to international telco end users on this one, I would expect the price I paid to be immaterial in the end....I can see a brand value in it of a totally different financial magnitude, to the right major telco...

That's my thinking...

•••
Looking to Sell this pack of great dot Me's. Ready to make a good deal for both parts...

Launched.me
Disagree.me
Disclosure.me
Procedure.me
Household.me
Interrail.me
Dakar.me
Kathmandu.me
bir.me
cae.me
coa.me
opi.me

•••
I am ready to sell TXD.me
The term is the acronym for Transmit Data.
Reasonable offers or will push to sedo auction with a 100 euro bid.

•••
•••
Looking to Sell this pack of great dot Me's. Ready to make a good deal for both parts...

Launched.me
Disagree.me
Disclosure.me
Procedure.me
Household.me
Interrail.me
Dakar.me
Kathmandu.me
bir.me
cae.me
coa.me
opi.me

Likewise, im the owner of crowd.me

pm ME any offers.
Mat

•••
There are a few .me names currently at Sedo auction.

•••
Intermodal.me

Wow a .me discussion!
Coincidence I just picked up last night intermodal.me for site/blog to be produced on my progression on my dissertation on the subject. Intended to be used for logistics consulting of mine in the future. B-)

•••
i have a number of nnn.me up for renewal.

are they worth renew them or drop.

thanks

Last edited:
•••
I have Flare.me up for renewal soon. Is this one worth keeping?

•••
Join.me sold for $45,000. Greatdomains.com recent sales

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back