Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Was gogreen.me sold and for how much? I can’t see it at GoDaddy’s auction site.

No not sold but listed for offers, you can buy it for $25000 so if you submit offers he might reject if not in the $10000 range or higher in my own opinion.

•••
•••
Does anyone no of any decent .me auctions? I have crowd.me up for sale.

Cheers Mat

•••
So current recession also got me.

I can't afford to renew all my [verb].me and wait for the right buyer before selling.

Some of the domains I have to sell are very good and have even been bought for more than registration fee. Most of them are [verb].me and are very brandable!

Example of domains in this auction: adapt.me, authorizing.me, fade.me, normalize.me, zop.me, etc.

I don't have the time to try to sell them one by one so I'm again starting an auction on ebay. There is no reserve but a Buy It Now option. It's a 5 days auction.

Please look at my signature for more details.

•••
So current recession also got me.

I can't afford to renew all my [verb].me and wait for the right buyer before selling.

Some of the domains I have to sell are very good and have even been bought for more than registration fee. Most of them are [verb].me and are very brandable!

Example of domains in this auction: adapt.me, authorizing.me, fade.me, normalize.me, zop.me, etc.

I don't have the time to try to sell them one by one so I'm again starting an auction on ebay. There is no reserve but a Buy It Now option. It's a 5 days auction.

Please look at my signature for more details.

Nice lot, good luck mate!

•••
Nice lot, good luck mate!

Thanks gingerbreadweb.

Yeah, this lot contains some good domains imo. But I don't have the time/money/skill to find good buyers! :(

I think for now on I'll just keep domains I may develop or I particularly like. I'm more a web developer than a domainer I guess!

•••
Good luck Tata,

your right in a way domains sales have been down, all domain sales that have occurred for .me on high X,XXX are mostly sales of registrar held domains so its hard to say if good domains can get good offers.

like i have Royal.me and i get offers of 800-1000 but looking at sales and .me being accepted by google for being a cc tld but function like gtld should give it a boost then those offers :)

Shahid

•••
Good Luck Tata,

On its front page. Sedo is reporting 123.me selling for 1800 euro

•••
•••
For those interested in my .me auction, it ends tomorrow!

By the way, if you plan on bidding at the very last minute of the auction, I strongly suggest you do not wait too much. This is not the first domains auction I start on eBay and some buyers use a "snipper" software which automatically bids for them at the very, very last second (and I mean less than 1000 milliseconds here!). So if there are 10 seconds remaining before the end of the auction and you think you can bid 20$ more than the current highest bid and win the auction, think again! You will be outbidded by those using a snipper software. I therefore suggest you do not wait too much before placing your highest bid.

Thanks and good luck!

•••
So my auction ended at $1,225.

It's less than what I wished, but at least I do not loose money. In fact, all things considered, I still did make some money with all the .me I sold from day 1, maybe 1500$.

Also, I keep my best .me (in my opinion) and I'm going to renew those until I find the perfect buyers. I still think .me has a great future, but I will only buy very good domains from now. 20$/year to renew a domain really hurts if you are not so sure about its quality and you have lots of them!

•••
Congrats on the sale tata668, I was watching it at the end to see how it would go. I was thinking it would hit $3K, but I am glad to hear that you did make money on this one.

I acquired a .ME domain today myself and I feel that it does have a strong future, but the cost of speculation is a little high on lower-quality domains.

•••
Good luck with your domain cmason!

By the way, for those who need to renew some .me on godaddy, "digg" code gives a 10% discount.

•••
Now i'm looking to push to Sedo Auction, with a very cheap $75 offer, the domains:

Disagree.me & FreeUpload.me

In any one interested, just let me know so i can provide the link.

Thanks

•••
Now i'm looking to push to Sedo Auction, with a very cheap $75 offer, the domains:

Disagree.me & FreeUpload.me

In any one interested, just let me know so i can provide the link.

Thanks

FreeUpload.me sounds like a good domain. I have Flare.me and it is an image hosting website.

•••
•••
•••
Noticed that host me was reauctioned after non payer. Has anyone else had the same with other auctions they were in?

Anyone heard anything exciting happening in the me world?

•••
wp.me is still forwarded to wordpress.com. They have already taken more than enough time to develop it!!

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Attempted domain theft by trademark fails In WIPO: Project.me

•••
Anyone interested in NNN.me's? I have several that I would consider parting with. PM for details if interested.

Thanx. :alien:

•••
I have Heo.me it's start up and running...

•••
Found a nice developed .me
designfinds.me

•••
Hi folks.

New reg -

NetList .Me

I'm thinking about using it for various mailing lists for several of my developed domains. Not quite sure, yet. Also, not sure if I should sell at some point (not quite sure of the market for it). In the interim, it's just a single page awaiting content.

If anyone has development ideas, please let me know.

Thanks.

EDIT: Is this corny or what? Instead of 'Subscribe', maybe I can add a submit button on the mailing list subscription form that says 'Net List Me' e.g.
netlistme_button.jpg
:lol:

Last edited:
•••
Oh my god you have a nice list of .me domains.
I think Coa.me is the best one

Thanks my friend. :)

Still looking for the right Buyers. ;)

•••
... post removed

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back