NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just look at that double-premium with Q go for $114! :hehe: :yell:

•••
vlad74 said:
the only way LLLL.com will not be a brilliant investment in the future is if people will stop perceiving .com as a king. in any other case LLLL.com will rule in the long run.

They stop being a "brilliant investment" 9 months ago.

•••
The results are again above august-october prices. I don't know (and I really don't care) if the sellers had a loss or not, I am interested only in the price trend, and IMHO it's clearly up.

snoop said:
Of those 12 sales, 10 look to be sold at a loss, so I don't really follow why these would be considered "pretty good".

•••
Ok if something's not done soon I'm gone too.

Anyway...

Hey guys just looked and out of those "16" names posted the majority of them did very well. And the ones that didn't, well, they just sold at a normal reseller level that sure kicks October-reseller-level's butt. :)

Yet again

•••
I am the proud owner of aslq.com :)

•••
.h2o. said:
I am the proud owner of aslq.com :)
Hey Lisa :hi: ... great name, one of the few triples with Q that I really didn't want to let go, but have too many renewals coming up so some I gotta say sayonara to. (aslq was just pushed to your account by the way) Thanks for the super quick transaction :)

•••
mibworld said:
The results are again above august-october prices. I don't know (and I really don't care) if the sellers had a loss or not, I am interested only in the price trend, and IMHO it's clearly up.

The minimum is higher but it doesn't mean a thing because people have had to tip more money in.

•••
Nem0 said:
Hey Lisa :hi: ... great name, one of the few triples with Q that I really didn't want to let go, but have too many renewals coming up so some I gotta say sayonara to. (aslq was just pushed to your account by the way) Thanks for the super quick transaction :)

No prob Good luck :wave:

•••
Ya know with some people it really doesn't matter what you say or what you post - no matter how good or how positive it is some certain types of people will dig deep down into their disgusting empty pit inside and find some way to bash it or make it look ineffective. You all know the types of which I speak ;) ... we run across them from time to time in real life. Unfortunately the majority of them seem to stick to message boards and forums where they can deliver cowardly attack after gutless lily-livered assault with no consequence. Too bad such fruitless attempts are easily recognized by most and are dismissed as the feeble blabber that they are. I just feel sorry for the new guys that come here that may not notice the difference right away. Oh well, life goes on..

for

•••
At least we agree that the minimum is higher. Now who’s looking for excuses to justify prices that don’t adjust to his preconceived idea…? You are going to be very unhappy next year if a small increase in the prices makes you resort to such dubious arguments.

snoop said:
The minimum is higher but it doesn't mean a thing because people have had to tip more money in.

•••
Good point. There is no valid excuse for sales on the low end, but the second there is even the slightest uptick let the excuses fly. I think the term is hypocrite.

mibworld said:
At least we agree that the minimum is higher. Now who’s looking for excuses to justify prices that don’t adjust to his preconceived idea…? You are going to be very unhappy next year if a small increase in the prices makes you resort to such dubious arguments.

Last edited:
•••
Sadly, from what I can tell, the minimum hasnt really risen. Couldnt dump a LLLL.com with 11 months of reg for $13, now trying at $10. I really thought the market improved and we were past such low prices :(

•••
very entertaining thread... this is almost as bad as the .mobi bubble. D-:

except, i knew that was going to pop.... i hadnt been following LLLL.com really..

btw... where has italiandragon been lately?

•••
Learnt first hand that minimum for LLLL.com with about year of reg left is between 10-13$. No bites at $13, almost immediate sale at $10. Picked up the same name for $8 a few weeks ago so slight rise from my perspective. Hopefully no more shocks in the economy and prices will rise more.

•••
snoop said:
I don't know any domainers who pay more for domains based on what the seller has into it. Buyers pay what they think a name is worth irrespective of the seller's costs. If they're paying more it's because they see the names as worth more.

•••
bmugford said:
Good point. There is no valid excuse for sales on the low end, but the second there is even the slightest uptick let the excuses fly. I think the term is hypocrite.

I guess as long as 90% of this forum believes in this niche, the other 10% can't effect prices that much. The economy has done enough.

•••
mibworld said:

Nothing dubious about it, the anniversary has passed, people have handed over their $8. Nothing has really changed, people have the same losses as before.

krx said:
I don't know any domainers who pay more for domains based on what the seller has into it. Buyers pay what they think a name is worth irrespective of the seller's costs. If they're paying more it's because they see the names as worth more.

People will pay more for a name that is paid up, I think it is very clear that the renewals fees are now the major factor in the valuation of low quality LLLL.com, that is why the lowest sales are well above the bottom in terms of quality, like these two today.

MZWR.COM - $8.50
FZTR.COM - $7.50

Last edited:
•••
If you can't get along with someone, click on their username, go to their profile page and click "Add to Ignore".

One purchase to report of mine: WAQJ.com $6 (exp: 9/24/2009), bought from an auction on Namepros.

•••
-REECE- said:
If you can't get along with someone, click on their username, go to their profile page and click "Add to Ignore".

One purchase to report of mine: WAQJ.com $6 (exp: 9/24/2009), bought from an auction on Namepros.
Great buy, WA is a state in USA and Australia.

•••
snoop said:
Of those 12 sales, 10 look to be sold at a loss, so I don't really follow why these would be considered "pretty good".
snoop said:
... Nothing has really changed, people have the same losses as before.
snoop said:
People will pay more for a name that is paid up, I think it is very clear that the renewals fees are now the major factor in the valuation of low quality LLLL.com, that is why the lowest sales are well above the bottom in terms of quality, like these two today.

MZWR.COM - $8.50
FZTR.COM - $7.50
No one is debating that prices have fallen substantially over the past year and that the portfolios of many if not most LLLL.com domainers have lost significant value. We are debating the current trend of the minimum wholesale price. We all - including you - have agreed the price has risen recently. This is not due to renewals, as you suggest.

For one, there are plenty of names being sold right now that have not been renewed. But the larger point is that the amount of reg time left until exp HAS ALWAYS been factored in to the minimum wholesale value. This did not start happening - coincidentally - at the exact moment your predictions of a continuing decline in the LLLL market become untenable. The min. wholesale price of 0 - $5 from 2 or 3 months and the current min. wholesale price of $5 - $10 are both based on domains that have very little to no reg time left. Apples to apples.

There are of course exceptions - atypical sales that are higher or lower than the expected minimum. But until such sales become the norm they remain just that exceptions - and exceptions (by definition here) do not disprove the rule.

Reg time is factored into pricing by both buyers and sellers. It always has been. That's why this is required information on sales threads.

Last edited:
•••
HELP PLEASE...

I was going through my short domains and noticed the .net is a developed site. Only problem is it's not English. How would I email these people to see if they want to buy the .com version?

Thanks

•••
Hi Patrick,

What language is it? Probably best to get a native speaker to send the message if at all possible. Translation software is okay to get a general idea of what's being said but really isn't good enough to be inquiring about possible end user interest with.

Chef Patrick said:
HELP PLEASE...

I was going through my short domains and noticed the .net is a developed site. Only problem is it's not English. How would I email these people to see if they want to buy the .com version?

Thanks

•••
-REECE- said:
Hi Patrick,

What language is it? Probably best to get a native speaker to send the message if at all possible. Translation software is okay to get a general idea of what's being said but really isn't good enough to be inquiring about possible end user interest with.
Not really sure, maybe Japanese or Chinese.

Domain name is NPVV.net, I own the .com. Which is really funny because I didn't know I owned it, lol. I am just going through my 20+ registrar accounts to make sure the info is correct and change name servers to Sedo. I'm finding a couple domain names I didn't know I had :)

•••
Chef Patrick said:
Not really sure, maybe Japanese or Chinese.

Domain name is NPVV.net, I own the .com. Which is really funny because I didn't know I owned it, lol. I am just going through my 20+ registrar accounts to make sure the info is correct and change name servers to Sedo. I'm finding a couple domain names I didn't know I had :)
http://translate.google.com/translate_t#
Select "detect language". It will probably tell you the language. Or cut and paste a clip into google search and check the ccTLD of the pages it returns (for more exotic languages).

•••
NPVV.Net is still available to register lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back