Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I regret loosing ZICU.com ... apparentely there is always one bidder who is there to outbid me....
I wish i was there when the auction was running.. i had put a proxy bid of 705 and left...
and it went for 755!!!!

•••
Today on TDNX:

qths.com $40
lrob.com $180
gpvq.com $20
plqt.com $20
zvlm.com $20
zvof.com $29
zdkn.com $20
zfgu.com $20
zfkh.com $20
zfkz.com $20
zmmd.com $60
xdhk.com $20
xkgu.com $20
jdih.com $50
uzhg.com $30
uzrh.com $20
rqsn.com $20
rjao.com $52
muwt.com $31
msvy.com $40
gyia.com $140

renewals have been added

•••
I think prices have increased, but whether it will last is unknown. Was only a few weeks ago that I picked up some double premium for $8 with full year of reg left while now expiring ones with no premium letters are going for $10

•••
ARDY.COM
TDNAM
14-11-2008
$3500

•••
gladdy said:
ARDY.COM
TDNAM
14-11-2008
$3500

congratulation with the sale. great ROI. as I remember it was your domain. :laugh:

was you actively looking for a buyer or he found you?

•••
Yes its mine, thanks Vlad!
I had some negotiations before, but no success, the byer is unknown to me, I decided to sell low side. But I know that there is a big interest by big company.

vlad74 said:
congratulation with the sale. great ROI. as I remember it was your domain. :laugh:

was you actively looking for a buyer or he found you?

Last edited:
•••
Congrats!

Very nice name, very nice price :)

gladdy said:
Yes its mine, thanks Vlad!
I had some negotiations before, but no success, the byer is unknown to me, I decided to sell low side. But I know that there is a big interest by big company.

•••
3 last days at NameJet:

yanr.com $69
hdcu.com $111
tlog.com $811
ceaa.com $760
jmpd.com $69
qqpa.com $200
jocx.com $200
wrne.com $400
uofp.com $453
zanc.com $431
tchk.com $200

•••
Thank you!
www.LLLL.com said:
Congrats!

Very nice name, very nice price :)

•••
lets.com resold at NJ for 7150.

It's a pity that I was away yesterday and missed the actions in Sedo and NJ.

•••
Thanks for the info. Looks like many of us were right about it's October "sale" being overpriced.

In comparison or for those who didn't remember, lets.com was bid up to $31,500.00 on October 21st on Namejet.

ddchan said:

•••
Looks like Namejet has about the same payment rate as Sedo now.

They need to do something to cut down on these non paying bidders. It makes me wonder how many of these bidders are legit, and how many might be shills.

I think most people would agree some of the sales on Namejet seem like they are from another world. The prices average domains can command on there is ridiculous.

Last edited:
•••
Completely agree Brad. I understand people sometimes get "hard up" for cash and allowing 1 or 2 non payments for a good customer, I understand.. But letting people consistently week after week default on payments is insane.

But it is good for their bottom line, of that I'm sure. If the shill bidder wins, they can always offer the domain to the highest non-shill bidder... Makes you really wonder if they're taking part in the shilling themselves :|

bmugford said:

They need to do something to cut down on these non paying bidders. It makes me wonder how many of these bidders are legit, and how many might be shills.

I think most people who agree some of the sales on Namejet seem like they are from another world. The prices average domains can command on there is ridiculous.

graph of U.S. unique visitors per month to Namejet, Snapnames, Sedo: http://siteanalytics.compete.com/namejet.com+sedo.com+snapnames.com/?metric=uv

I'd think if everyone was playing fair Sedo should report the highest sales results -- they simply have more potential endusers and a much larger domainer buying base.

Last edited:
•••
ddchan said:

I understood already long ago that it's a bad idea to send domains to auction which will end at the same time as NamePros Live Auction :)

bmugford said:
I think most people would agree some of the sales on Namejet seem like they are from another world. The prices average domains can command on there is ridiculous.

I do not agree. You might think why the names at NameJet are sold for higher than it would be sold at Sedo or at NamePros. This is because NameJet operates drops from the oldest registrar - Network Solutions. So majority of these names have 199x date of registration and very good Google results.

and yes. they don't ban non-payers - so they have more bidders than other drop auctions. Instead they take 10$ from each non-payment. Don't you think that 10$ is better than nothing plus active bidder banned?

•••
Not really. If just allows someone to pay whatever to secure the rights to a domain then try to find an end user. If they can't find an end user and make a profit they just don't pay for the auction and pay a $10 Fee. Big deal.

The first bidder on Lets.com was trying to sell it before he even paid for it. Then in the end he didn't pay for it.

Brad

Ergo said:
I understood already long ago that it's a bad idea to send domains to auction which will end at the same time as NamePros Live Auction :)

I do not agree. You might think why the names at NameJet are sold for higher than it would be sold at Sedo or at NamePros. This is because NameJet operates drops from the oldest registrar - Network Solutions. So majority of these names have 199x date of registration and very good Google results.

and yes. they don't ban non-payers - so they have more bidders than other drop auctions. Instead they take 10$ from each non-payment. Don't you think that 10$ is better than nothing plus active bidder banned?

•••
They have a much smaller buyer base than Sedo, as documented by all traffic metrics.

$10 doesn't really mean anything to a lot of people. If they really wanted to put a stop to this, I think it would end very fast at say 10% "restocking fee" fine of ending price.

As Brad mentioned, what some domainers are now doing is a modified version of what happened in the 90s with NetSol -- they're trying to sell the domain before paying for it and if unsuccessful, they're simply defaulting on purchase.

Ergo said:

bmugford said:
Not really. If just allows someone to pay whatever to secure the rights to a domain then try to find an end user. If they can't find an end user and make a profit they just don't pay for the auction and pay a $10 Fee. Big deal.

The first bidder on Lets.com was trying to sell it before he even paid for it. Then in the end he didn't pay for it.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
bmugford said:
I think it's against any forums rules to sell domains that you don't own. So forums are also create fertile land for it by not banning these traders

•••
There's not really a way for forum staff to deal with something like this Andrei.

The problem is very simple from Namejet's end to fix -- for Namepros (or other domain name forums) to limit this kind of stuff would require manually approving every single domain for sale, as is currently done in the high priced section here -- I don't think anyone would appreciate that. There are plenty of places to sell domains outside of domain name forums, so I doubt even that would completely end this.

Ergo said:
I think it's against any forums rules to sell domains that you don't own. So forums are also create fertile land for it by not banning these traders

•••
bmugford said:

Namejet! LOL Agree with you 100%

www.LLLL.com said:
But it is good for their bottom line, of that I'm sure. If the shill bidder wins, they can always offer the domain to the highest non-shill bidder... Makes you really wonder if they're taking part in the shilling themselves :|
:bingo:

Ergo said:

Yes, it's good for them, but not not good for you or I. It means the price will be bid up more often than necissary, so you will be out bid by someone who may be trying to on sell the domain before they own it.

It's also not good because you and i cannot sell through them, it's blatently skewed towards the seller, them, not the buyer, you or I.

•••
Its not surprising given netsol's shady past and namejet partnership that they allow shill bidding and other unsavoury activities. They're the pits.

Namepros does ban users if we can confirm that domain is not owned by the seller, but like Reece said - its virtually impossible to catch them all.

Whats even scarier in this whole scenario is the connection between the registry verisign and netsol - god knows how many other scams they are running.

•••
Any one can tell me the AABA.com type price.

Examples are appreciated. Thanks.

•••
jjij.com $195, was the latest sale, at Sedo. Quad premium would be around $100 higher, give or take a bit ATM. Prices for ABAA and AABA have been struggling for a while now.

•••
maxeaus said:
jjij.com $195, was the latest sale, at Sedo. Quad premium would be around $100 higher, give or take a bit ATM. Prices for ABAA and AABA have been struggling for a while now.
Thanks. Rep added.

•••
its not only a problem of Namejet. other big domain selling places like TDNAM and SEDO there is also many nonpayers, they just bid to take your domain out of the screen.

mwzd said:
Its not surprising given netsol's shady past and namejet partnership that they allow shill bidding and other unsavoury activities. They're the pits.

Namepros does ban users if we can confirm that domain is not owned by the seller, but like Reece said - its virtually impossible to catch them all.

Whats even scarier in this whole scenario is the connection between the registry verisign and netsol - god knows how many other scams they are running.

•••
Very scary to think about with short domains when a few high (or low) sales often drive many people's investment decisions...

If someone would have shilled (with a couple dupe accounts or a friend) ZL.com to 90k instead of it ending @ 45k, there's a lot of people on here who would have thought the LL.com market hadn't fallen.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back