Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Spade said:
Notice CMDX.com is parked and the new email for the registrant is [email protected]....

Just seems a bit weird considering a xx,xxx sale.

something funny going on here :yell:

•••
verry funny, Google?

Spade said:
Notice CMDX.com is parked and the new email for the registrant is [email protected]....

Just seems a bit weird considering a xx,xxx sale.

•••
(i'm stupid i know...)
Sorry. Post deleted. I've told a stupid things lol sorry againnnn

•••
Haha, that's okay -- happens to all of us from time to time :)

matrigaldo said:
(i'm stupid i know...)
Sorry. Post deleted. I've told a stupid things lol sorry againnnn

•••
Eheheh it's sad one of my first post on this thread was a stupid thing ;) an error..

By the way, except for snoop, do you all think lowest chrisis pick is over now?

What i think is simple: in every case who has bought LLLL.COMs during last month will do a positive ROI (i'm talking about reseller / low endusers sales) . I'm pretty sure we will see nice sales in the next months.
I have bought some CVCV.coms and with 1 year reg. for like $20-$25 during last weeks (also 1 triple premium) and others like me has done similar bargains.
Don't think this chrisis period is only bad. In the capitalism chrisis are necessary in order to "move" the economy.

•••
matrigaldo said:
Eheheh it's sad one of my first post on this thread was a stupid thing ;) an error..

By the way, except for snoop, do you all think lowest chrisis pick is over now?

What i think is simple: in every case who has bought LLLL.COMs during last month will do a positive ROI (i'm talking about reseller / low endusers sales) . I'm pretty sure we will see nice sales in the next months.
I have bought some CVCV.coms and with 1 year reg. for like $20-$25 during last weeks (also 1 triple premium) and others like me has done similar bargains.
Don't think this chrisis period is only bad. In the capitalism chrisis are necessary in order to "move" the economy.
This is just a question of when to start buying... Did we reach the lowest point? I think we reached it in the end of August. Since then prices slightly 1-2$ for the worst domains and 1-10$ for better ones increased and since then prices are on the same level already 3 months (i'm talking only about llll.coms that have 1 year left in general, and I'm not talking about cherry-pickups that snoop likes to find and announce). This is a stagnation. For how long will it last nobody knows for sure. The sky may fall or the economy (and people's moods) may start improving in 2-3 months. I don't see anything bad in finding bargains now because there are plenty of them, but also I can't say that we finally saw an obvious up-trend, thought there are days when prices seem very strong. But what is obvious for me is that prices finally stopped falling and so far they stagnate.

Another thing that I observe that I see more and more domainers back to shopping. They were not buying domains in August-October. I think these are positive signs already. I also see many newcomers to llll.coms that started to buy right now benefiting from the prices.

This is simply time when you must concentrate more on finding end-users perhaps.

•••
Ergo said:
Did we reach the lowest point? I think we reached it in the end of August. Since then prices slightly 1-2$ for the worst domains and 1-10$ for better ones increased and since then prices are on the same level already 3 months (i'm talking only about llll.coms that have 1 year left in general, and I'm not talking about cherry-pickups that snoop likes to find and announce).

Doesn't mean anything when people have had to pay a renewal in that time. The market is just as sick as it was.

Amazing how some of the others posts are still promoting false hope "these ebay sales are surprisingly high", "the market is improving", "domainers are back buying" and that every second sale is "a bargain".....sorry but that simply isn't the case, people have been making these statements for the last 8 months, saying it won't make your names worth more.

•••
So who got the best deal out of this batch? I'm surprised some of these pronounceables went for that cheap.
abcproductions said:
TNUB $100.00
HRIU $34.33
JRUR $34.33
CUZG $32.00
AKWE $76.00
BUWJ $38.77
EXIH $32.00
FUMJ $64.00
GAXG $64.00
GXUX $13.77
ICXY $21.50
AHCK $64.00
AMUH $102.50
AUBH $70.00
AWBU $73.07
AGWO $69.00
AGDU $78.00
JCIJ $33.13
UBIH $27.60
SKUH $24.28
RHCY $11.30
PZZQ $5.02
OXXM $10.49
OMDV $11.50
NDDZ $10.01
MZSK $10.01
HZUN $15.50
COGJ $17.00
CFQZ $10.49
CBXF $10.01
JCEV $46.33
JCUY $67.00

•••
Sincerely I would have bought some of these LLLL's on ebay for those prices, and I am very reluctant in buying anything nowadays. Unfortunately I have Paypal issues and I am not able to do that.

Market is sick, some better sales do not improve the whole market. The reseller market. However I see some nice sales on DNJournal and those are more promissing.

I don't know if Reece remembers it, but back in December last year I made some tough calculations about what I would really pay for an LLLL.com . I was very pessimist and very concerned that prices are not sustainable. I asked many large portfolio holders (better and worse LLLL portfolios) about end user sales, how much they made, if it covers the renewals etc.

And I came to a conclusion that LLLL's are better than regfee, though I stopped buying them at what I considered back then inflated prices. Ocassionally I purchased some names, but did not mass buy them.

Prices now are below that level of safe investing I figured out back then.

Just to give a better idea, I calculated that if somebody has a portfolio of 1000 low quality LLLL.com's it costs $7500 annually to renew them. Out of such an amount, I asked many portfolio holders about their end user sales and provided they gave me valid data, they had their renewals covered by end user sales (on average they made 25% - 30% more than the renewal fees every year from end user sales only, though there were some large portfolio holders who did not have sales.

Beside this, some parking revenue from very untargetted traffic ads up too, but this is trivial.

Anyway I think that for LLLL's that have no targetted traffic, a direct sales page is a better solution, as it would be more effective. And a multi language sales page is even better :) . It saves commissions eventually, and many people do not take the time to register at an unknown place for them like Sedo to buy a domain name, thus many sales are missed.

People who have direct sales pages report more sales than those who simply park their names. And I still park for an unsignificant revenue. If somebody can help me in this sense, please tell me.

Anyway, I had a very long post, hope you understand what I wanted to say even if it is 4 AM here :)

•••
izih.com - US $93.00 on ebay

A vcvc but not that pronounceable.
I only bid upto $21 for it lol. I am only looking to get bargains but none to be had, havent bought a LLLL.com in a while.

•••
d3N said:
izih.com - US $93.00 on ebay

A vcvc but not that pronounceable.
I only bid upto $21 for it lol. I am only looking to get bargains but none to be had, havent bought a LLLL.com in a while.

i only bid 42 D-:

•••
As many have already mentioned, there is an improvement in prices when compared with the levels of August-September. Even Snoop has finally recognized that there has been an improvement in the low end market.

It’s impossible to know for sure if this improvement will last and mark the beginning of an uptrend, but there are certainly many positive signs. Many domainers have started to buy again, and there are many new buyers too. I think the market for LLLL.com’s will continue to improve, but the real turning point will be seen in January or February, when the number of drops will show an important reduction.

I am having relatively good results with my auctions at eBay. Today I sold:

BGIZ.COM - $40
GLZU.COM - $40
LEFZ.COM - $60
ONVL.COM - $79
PAFV.COM - $78.77
QPTD.COM - $21.57

snoop said:
Yeah the low end has definately improved based on that analysis.

•••
I remember that Alex :)

I'll repost what I also posted in the .mobi section -- I think for many people it's time to start thinking about how their domains are going to make money for them. If you can make enough off domain development or end user sales to cover renewals and initial expenses, you're in pretty good shape. I've begun working on several development projects the past few months -- just makes sense in these uncertain times to at least have a revenue source which is consistently bringing in money.

•••
mibworld - you got very good prices on your domains compared to the recent price drop.
It's very very encouraging!

I currently have a domain on auction at sedo - NCND.com, hope it will do good!

Last edited:
•••
"Day after day, week after week... I tabulate the prices and each day is more surprising than the day before... I'd be quite shocked if min wholesale (currently about $42) doesn't hit $100 by year end."

Posted by a respected moderator after the buyout.

$100 by year end....

Everyone is really hard on Snoop, but newbs like myself are probably wishing they'd listened a bit more to the naysayers.

At least it looks like the buyout will hold...

Stay in this thread Snoop

•••
mibworld said:
Even Snoop has finally recognized that there has been an improvement in the low end market.

That was what I said a week ago, and was said in relation to names with 6 months left getting $10, that bounce didn't last long as I posted a few days later,

snoop said:
UMXW $10.00 30-Oct-09
UYXJ $10.00 02-Nov-09

HYOQ, HOQP, POQG, PAQF & RAQF 09-Sep-2009

Looks like we are back to a $10 minimum for names with a full year left, not great results in my view.

Of the 28 names sold on Sunday, 18 look to have gone for less than 2 years renewal (ie a loss from the buyout).

Of the remaining 10, the 4 highest sales (below) were 2006 names.

PSEY $56.00
UEJS $32.13
PHXE $54.77
XEXV $32.00

A few more days has now passed and we are down to seeing $2 sales again like BQXD.com $2.15, soon to expire triple premiums for $8, and names with a full year left for $10 like YEFQ.com. This is not a market that has improved.

•••
Good luck to you on the auction, nice domain!
shreder said:
mibworld - you got very good prices on your domains compared to the recent price drop.
It's very very encouraging!

I currently have a domain on auction at sedo - NCND.com, hope it will do good!

•••
www.LLLL.com said:
I think for many people it's time to start thinking about how their domains are going to make money for them. If you can make enough off domain development or end user sales to cover renewals and initial expenses, you're in pretty good shape. I've begun working on several development projects the past few months -- just makes sense in these uncertain times to at least have a revenue source which is consistently bringing in money.

Very good advice, in this type of market flipping just becomes a loss making excercise, most of the time. Some will still win but it will be 10 times harder than is the past, most who did it previously will end out with burnt fingers.

•••
Yesterday on TDNX:

xkbc.com $35
mhji.com $35
txcr.com $71
rbsh.com $165
qepx.com $20
pfgi.com $165
jvbi.com $50

(renewals added)

•••
LOL I am so blown away by the continued dimwittedness some people exhibit (not aimed at anyone in particular of course... I just haven't used that word in a while and, well, was due). I'm sorry, I really don't want to be mean or nonprofessional it's just that, I guess I am just so wow'ed day after day at how someone can devote so much of their precious time dishing out so much negativity and I guess it's starting to build up. How these dilettantes continually try to dissuade people from any positives in a niche by using these aberrational ticky-tack sales stats which are contrary to probably 95% of the stats that people see every day. And now yet again the cherry-picking goes on; for instance now we have a $2 LLLL.com pointed-out that ended on a day where there were probably 10 to 20 times more LLLL.com sales than usual at that venue, and on a day that had many sales end within seconds of each other (thanks to sellers who don't know what they are doing) which makes it nigh-impossible for interested buyers to see them all, and again doing this with of course no thought or mention of the tons of similar names ending that same day (or week) that sold for 5-10 times more than that cherry-picked one. Also, let me mention that the cherry-picked name in question had neither of these in the Title of the auction -- "LLLL" or "LLLL.com" -- which will of course dismiss probably 98% of potential buyers (dismiss isn't what I was looking for but the mind is tired and couldn't think of the correct word) -- but of course the one pointing out such sales will never add or even consider such variables. Man, I'm just in disbelief I guess. I'm glad most people "see it" clearly. I'm all for healthy dissention but... woof. Imagine how dark and bleak NP and domaining would be if every last one of us thought, acted and conveyed themselves with such contentious behavior through almost every stroke of the key regarding nearly every niche we discussed. Don't worry that shudder you just felt is natural, and yes, this was harsh I'm sorry, but in my view it is no less harsh than these near-daily cowardly endeavors at dissuation using a few sales out of thousands without even ATTEMPTING to convey that there is a hint or slight possibility that one or two Variables within these sales -- at such a nonstable venue to begin with -- may have had an impact and/or may be the deciding factor for such random anomalous end prices.

Some people are so unbalanced, and it's so apparant.

Anyway, just kinda sickened again and venting, sorry... go ahead with the "he must've had a bad day" cracks hehe. I'm sure I'm not correct on all I said anyway.
Here are all LLLL.com sales (eBay) for today; I was gonna just post the top sales - the absolute highest sales - but something in my conscience just wouldn't let me:

KXGR $10.99
ZXPP $28.56
QPTD $21.57
PAFV $78.77
ONVL $79.00
LEFZ $60.00
GLZU $40.00
BGIZ $40.00
QDFT $13.00
KQSN $11.00
GBYW $20.50
GXOB $15.27
JCIZ $10.49
IZIH $93.00
SYFJ $34.00
XHLY $10.00
FXHY $28.77
GZYA $20.50
UFYQ $8.29
TYDX $10.50
ZDJJ $26.00
XHBX $22.50
WTDQ $26.01
QVZZ & QDVQ $28.00 ($14 ea)

+

•••
agree 100% with Nem0.

To be balanced is very important. I really do not understand why Snoop takes so much time to analyze a failure (according to his beliefs) market.
It seems he wants to keep a point at all cost.
Cherry picking is not good for both high or low sales.
Personally I still like the LLLL.com market and as a matter of fact, after the buyout no drops has been registered.People sell LLLL.com that find at all times a new owner (for whatever price).
LLLL are still a liquid assets.

•••
•••
I almost forgot I have one to, XOEE

•••
•••
lrob.com
Tdnam
$170
13-11-2008

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back