IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
tight-aggressive said:
Sadly this Summer!!!!!

If we had a buyers group of 4 - 8 people - we could have pulled the trigger in a flash on a name like that...

I assume you mean $12,000 rather than $12. I doesn't sound like a bargain to me. To be completely realistic it is probably worth significantly less today. The market has been socked very hard for the second rung extensions in my view.

Example men.org sold at Traffic in Sept for $12,500 and since that time the worst of the financial crisis has hit (stock market has fallen about 20% since then).

•••
Agree with snoop here, unless developed, all those second extension names are typically not worth much, at least not worth $12k which is obviously an end-user price and not a reseller price, even though the name is parked. I wonder if it gets any traffic at all.

•••
I have had some big offers on many of my .NET and .ORG domains, but most of them have clear uses. When there is a clear way to monetize a domain it helps.

Still it is rare to see huge offers in NET/ORG unless it is

1.) Ridiculous High Paying Term (normally financial)
2.) Amazing Generic term that is appropriate for the extension.
3.) A business needs it.

The reason I like .NET and .ORG is they are easier to move since you don't need huge prices. It is much easier to move a good .NET/ORG for $250 - $500 than to move a domain for $5K.

$250 - $500 is what many end users are willing to pay. To pay $5K+ the end user needs to have money and understand the value of a domain to their business.

Brad

Shenron said:
Agree with snoop here, unless developed, all those second extension names are typically not worth much, at least not worth $12k which is obviously an end-user price and not a reseller price, even though the name is parked. I wonder if it gets any traffic at all.

•••
bmugford said:
The reason I like .NET and .ORG is they are easier to move since you don't need huge prices.

I don't agree, the enduser demand for .net and .org domains is very low, even popular one word terms get low levels of interest outside of the domainer market. Take a look at any dnjournal sales reports and count up how many .net and .org were sold to endusers as opposed to .com, I don't think it would even be 1%.

•••
Also agree here, the problem is that we're talking of an insane price for a still parked .org

I understand well the value of development, and confess that $12k can easily be payed in 3-6 months, still there is a long development path for it and the name is still parked (mom.org), so, unless some development is in progress behind the scenes, I doubt this name will be profitable any time soon.

•••
bmugford said:
I have had some big offers on many of my .NET and .ORG domains, but most of them have clear uses. When there is a clear way to monetize a domain it helps.

Still it is rare to see huge offers in NET/ORG unless it is

1.) Ridiculous High Paying Term (normally financial)
2.) Amazing Generic term that is appropriate for the extension.
3.) A business needs it.

The reason I like .NET and .ORG is they are easier to move since you don't need huge prices. It is much easier to move a good .NET/ORG for $250 - $500 than to move a domain for $5K.

$250 - $500 is what many end users are willing to pay. To pay $5K+ the end user needs to have money and understand the value of a domain to their business.

Brad

Agree

In the last months for example (during financial crisis) I had two sales of standard (nothing special) LLLL.org to endusers for roughly $200-300 each (my cost was regfee just 6 months before).

•••
There are plenty of .net and .org sales. I have had no problem finding end users for quality .net and .org

There are more end users period for a $250 domain than a $5000 domain.

Of course .NET/ORG don't go for the same price range as COM in general, so they aren't going to be on a list of domains selling for many thousands like most on DNJournal

snoop said:
I don't agree, the enduser demand for .net and .org domains is very low, even popular one word terms get low levels of interest outside of the domainer market. Take a look at any dnjournal sales reports and count up how many .net and .org were sold to endusers as opposed to .com, I don't think it would even be 1%.

•••
Yes Brad, you're right, in fact I've bought a .net last week for $125 myself just to backup another site of mine, the problem is $12k, which is an insane amount for an undeveloped .org imho.

•••
I totally agree with you there. The .ORG is a lot trickier than .NET since it needs to really fit.

QuitSmoking.org / Green.org / CreditHelp.org fit alright.

Names like BuyComputers.org don't.

Brad

Shenron said:
Yes Brad, you're right, in fact I've bought a .net last week for $125 myself just to backup another site of mine, the problem is $12k, which is an insane amount for an undeveloped .org imho.

•••
Yes, and if you keep your expensive name undeveloped I really don't see the point in having it for such price.

I'd easily spend $5k on a .net or .org to backup some of my major sites, but not to keep undeveloped as I don't believe in "mom.org" typers

•••
It is much easier to buy a quality expiring domain for $10-$20 and sell it to an end user for $250 - $500 than it is to make the same ROI on any .COM

It helps though to first do the research about potential end users before you buy a domain.

Brad

vlad74 said:
Agree

In the last months for example (during financial crisis) I had two sales of standard (nothing special) LLLL.org to endusers for roughly $200-300 each (my cost was regfee just 6 months before).

I think a $12K sale of Mom.org is pretty good honestly. I have lost way better .ORG domains for much less than that on auction sites.

I mean there are people who buy names for $100K+ and just keep them parked. In general it is much better to put up something basic vs a worthless parked page for any high end domain.

Shenron said:
Yes, and if you keep your expensive name undeveloped I really don't see the point in having it for such price.

I'd easily spend $5k on a .net or .org to backup some of my major sites, but not to keep undeveloped as I don't believe in "mom.org" typers

Last edited:
•••
Well, maybe, but keep it undeveloped?!?

Either this is a very looooooooooong term investment or I don't see the point in it.

I'm a domain developer myself, in fact I don't give a damn s*it about all these price fluctuations as I have a very strong developed backup :D, so I'd buy mom.org for $12k and spend another $8k developing and promoting... it'd be an easy 18 months ROI.

(my personal opinion :) )

•••
I would not pay that price for a domain unless I had an end user already lined up, or development plans.

Brad

Shenron said:
Well, maybe, but keep it undeveloped?!?

Either this is a very looooooooooong term investment or I don't see the point in it.

I'm a domain developer myself, in fact I don't give a damn s*it about all these price fluctuations as I have a very strong developed backup :D, so I'd buy mom.org for $12k and spend another $8k developing and promoting... it'd be an easy 18 months ROI.

(my personal opinion :) )

•••
:) Now there's a good reason :) (end-user lined up)

/me checks records :D

As for development... yes, I wish I had some keyword.org or .net for some of my names.

•••
bmugford said:
Of course .NET/ORG don't go for the same price range as COM in general, so they aren't going to be on a list of domains selling for many thousands like most on DNJournal

Dnjournal reports known .net and .org sales from $1000 so this is somewhat of an exaggeration. Show me some actual sales data that suggest .net and .org domains sell to end users in good numbers even at low prices, not just anecdotal comments based on someone selling a couple of names.

•••
Snoop, you need to work harder on your research bud. I can think of several just off the top of my head recently.

Ares.net - $20K. Was bought at NJ for about $4K.
iPhotos.net - $7K

Then just look at NameBio.com or DNSalePrice.com

Recent Sales -

HomeBusiness.net - $11K
Detectives.net - $2100
Camera.net - $20K
Wines.net - $13K
Auctions.net - $26K
Address.net - $20K

Illinois.org - $31K
Plumbers.org - $5100
Weddings.org - $34,500
Ringtones.org - $120K
CheapHotels.org - $20K
Eco.org - $48K

That is just a random sampling. There are thousands of recent NET/ORG sales that have been reported, and many others that haven't.

NameBio.com, which reports a fraction of all sales, shows the following.

.ORG over $1000 this year - 207
.NET over $1000 this year - 424

So there you go. Just because you aren't aware of something doesn't make it false. It reminds me of your argument against hyphenated domains. Look at all the sales those put up also.

snoop said:
Dnjournal reports known .net and .org sales from $1000 so this is somewhat of an exaggeration. Show me some actual sales data that suggest .net and .org domains sell to end users in good numbers even at low prices, not just anecdotal comments based on someone selling a couple of names.

Last edited:
•••
snoop said:

In all seriousness Snoop, and others, is this the thread to be discussing lll, generic .net, .org?

I see no reason to be even taking about these sales. I think it better to argue points and state facts about llll.com in the llll.com thread.

These domains have there own thread.

•••
I agree. Snoop lets just keep this thread to bashing LLLL.com

You can start another thread if you want to rail against .NET and .ORG

Brad

maxeaus said:
In all seriousness Snoop, and others, is this the thread to be discussing lll, generic .net, .org?

I see no reason to be even taking about these sales. I think it better to argue points and state facts about llll.com in the llll.com thread.

These domains have there own thread.

•••
bmugford said:
I agree. Snoop lets just keep this thread to bashing LLLL.com

You can start another thread if you want to rail against .NET and .ORG

Brad
He already is doing so in another thread, not just net and org but everything except com. Also since he apparently doesnt like LLLL.com or even LLL.com (which he has invested in) I am wondering what he does like.

•••
snoop said:
bmugford said:

Snoop. You are may be partially right. I owned ~900 LLLL.nets. Sold 6 names to end-users for total about 2000$ (however full year not yet passed for majority of them). The problem is that 2000$ is not enough to renew 1000 LLLL.net. I'm able to renew only 400 LLLL.nets. But this what I sold with tactics be-lazy-and-wait-for-end-users. But I don't think that BuyDomains who actively buys llll.nets and actively looking for end-users (I suppose) doing this without thorough analysis of end-user sales and without profits just for fun.

I do not like lamekeywords.net and I hate lamekeywords.org. But acronyms in .net and .org have some particularity (I mean llll.net and llll.org). This is when organization or small company has exact acronym and llll.net or llll.org will be the perfect solution.

If you sell hoovers you may not buy sellhoovers.net or sellhoovers.org because you may try register brandable name something like hoovamover.com without special meaning and it will look quite ok. But if you are San Fracisco Protection Agency, domains sfpa.net and sfpa.org will be perfect solution over sfpagency.com/org or sfprotection.com/org especially when asking price is not huge but just ~500$.

•••
So these are what he has taken turns bashing.

- LLLL.com
- LLL.com
- .NET
- .ORG
- Hyphenated Domains

He even made an argument against Keyword domains. I am not sure what is left.

d3N said:
He already is doing so in another thread, not just net and org but everything except com. Also since he apparently doesnt like LLLL.com or even LLL.com (which he has invested in) I am wondering what he does like.

•••
Ergo said:
Snoop. You are may be partially right. I owned ~900 LLLL.nets. Sold 6 names to end-users for total about 2000$ (however full year not yet passed for majority of them). The problem is that 2000$ is not enough to renew 1000 LLLL.net. I'm able to renew only 400 LLLL.nets. But this what I sold with tactics be-lazy-and-wait-for-end-users. But I don't think that BuyDomains who actively buys llll.nets and actively looking for end-users (I suppose) doing this without thorough analysis of end-user sales and without profits just for fun.
BuyDomains seems to pay very high reseller prices for LLLL.net compared to some other domains which makes me think there are definitely some good reasons for this. Recently I sold them only a triple premium LLLL.net for more then some double and triple premium LLLL.com I also sold them. There was a big difference between the premium letters though.

•••
bmugford said:
Snoop, you need to work harder on your research bud. I can think of several just off the top of my head recently.

Ares.net - $20K. Was bought at NJ for about $4K.
iPhotos.net - $7K

Then just look at NameBio.com or DNSalePrice.com

Recent Sales -

HomeBusiness.net - $11K
Detectives.net - $2100
Camera.net - $20K
Wines.net - $13K
Auctions.net - $26K
Address.net - $20K

Illinois.org - $31K
Plumbers.org - $5100
Weddings.org - $34,500
Ringtones.org - $120K
CheapHotels.org - $20K
Eco.org - $48K

That is just a random sampling. There are thousands of recent NET/ORG sales that have been reported, and many others that haven't.

NameBio.com, which reports a fraction of all sales, shows the following.

.ORG over $1000 this year - 207
.NET over $1000 this year - 424

So there you go. Just because you aren't aware of something doesn't make it false. It reminds me of your argument against hyphenated domains. Look at all the sales those put up also.

What is the point of just picking out the highest sales for the year? I am not doubting that .net and .org names sell, I am doubting that they sell to *endusers* in *decent numbers* which is what some are claiming. Saying there are 207 reported sales it total is not telling me these sell easily to enduser, it probably is saying the opposite.

The hyphens are much the same, very few sales. Listing 50 sales does not mean they sell in good volumes.

•••
Back to topic:

UBIH.COM a VCVC is in the live auction.

This may be an accurate barometer for the Winter market.

•••
Snoop's motto: "If everything is bad, tell everybody that everything is even much worse" :)
World economy is in recession. But 50% of this recession was caused by panic-mongers.

I see what happen in my country. People tell everyone about crisis. Then tell that because of crisis they must go to the bank and take their money, because banks are not reliable. Thousands of people are running to banks and taking their moneys from accounts... and banks becoming really not reliable.

In war times panic mongers must be shot! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back