Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ssamriga said:
YYIF.com 71$ ebay
Malaysia said:
i like this... sometimes ebay do have some bargains..

now and then, see some surprises on eBay either on the upside or downside - it's a pretty small market for LLLL there actually, so pretty hit or miss with bidding sometimes. :imho:

Here are most of the LLLL auctions that caught my eye on eBay in the last 5 days - some of these have been posted already here and there, but it might help to see a bunch all together to get a better idea of what is "normal" and what may be a fluke ->

November 14 2007
LJLG $53.00 26 bids
RWNX $36.09 13 bids
ZXHE $13.50 6 bids
XZIJ $13.50 9 bids
QBWK $23.51 11 bids
OXQB $15.50 8 bids
OHZC.COM $10.51 6 bids

November 13 2007
NRPY $52.00 20 bids
VXMM $73.00 28 bids

November 12 2007
EYNZ $67.66 23 bids

November 11 2007
FPQN $13.27 2 bids
UDZY $88.00 18 bids
IKBY $46.00 19 bids

November 10 2007
RBYV $20.62 12 bids
MZYO $16.50 18 bids
NZXI $11.38 12 bids

•••
FPQN.com -> $13.27

this one was cheap :)

•••
bricio said:
FPQN.com -> $13.27

this one was cheap :)

I know! I kick myself for not paying attention when these close. I put a low-ball bid in a lot of times just as a quick way to get these into my "tracker" etc ... and then find someone beat it by 50 cents when it was all said and done with!

•••
bricio said:
thanks nullmind, i just asked because i won this auction
i really wanted this name

i have AJOZ.com, AWIW.com and AUYY.com (this one has 3,000 visitors per month!!!) and i think letter "A" is really a good one

me too, but I haven't the funds :'(

congratz, you have nice ALLL :)

other sale:

tudy.com 3088$ Afternic
ehab.com 4888$ Afternic
rtss.com 2800$ Afternic
ybgo.com 2488$ Afternic

•••
nullmind said:
me too, but I haven't the funds

congratz, you have nice ALLL

other sale:

tudy.com 3088$ Afternic
ehab.com 4888$ Afternic
rtss.com 2800$ Afternic
ybgo.com 2488$ Afternic
thank you :)

i saw a post (i dont remeber where) about selling TUDY.com and somebody also told that it had been sold few days ago... and the asking price was very very low comparing with what was paid

i am not understanding...

•••
axeh.com at godaddy. I understand that this is VCVC. But VCVCs are good because they are pronouncable and can be used for so called Web2.0 projects. But I don't understand how to pronounce axeh.com and I dont see any project that can use it. I'd better use more pronouncable CVCVC.com or even CVCVCV.com than axeh.com

But still VCVC.com form makes even craps like QYZU.com as valuable names :) so i think axeh.com was good deal. also 3 premium letters!

OHZC.COM $10.51 6 bids
IKBY $46.00 19 bids

These were cheeeeeap! :)

•••
Ergo said:
axeh.com at godaddy. I understand that this is VCVC. But VCVCs are good because they are pronouncable and can be used for so called Web2.0 projects. But I don't understand how to pronounce axeh.com and I dont see any project that can use it. I'd better use more pronouncable CVCVC.com or even CVCVCV.com than axeh.com

But still VCVC.com form makes even craps like QYZU.com as valuable names :) so i think axeh.com was good deal. also 3 premium letters!

OHZC.COM $10.51 6 bids
IKBY $46.00 19 bids

These were cheeeeeap! :)

VCVC.coms and CVCV.coms are starting to become more like LLL.coms imho in that they have value just for fitting the profile (eg. being a VCVC), rather than because they're pronounceable, have good letters, have a good chance of finding an enduser, etc.

I guess the future will tell if this trend will hold, but I personally, would rather invest in bad LLLL.coms -- or even premium LLLL.coms than pay top dollar for an unpronounceable CVCV/VCVC.com. I don't think I'm alone there...

•••
btw, I sold feze.com for $1k about a month ago on DNF. Seems like I should have waited heh. Good I've kept my other LLLL.com's, but still have to sell a few once in a while to support the cashflow :)

~MG

•••
filter said:
now and then, see some surprises on eBay either on the upside or downside - it's a pretty small market for LLLL there actually, so pretty hit or miss with bidding sometimes. :imho:

Here are most of the LLLL auctions that caught my eye on eBay in the last 5 days - some of these have been posted already here and there, but it might help to see a bunch all together to get a better idea of what is "normal" and what may be a fluke ->

November 14 2007
LJLG $53.00 26 bids

November 13 2007
NRPY $52.00 20 bids
VXMM $73.00 28 bids

surely people love those double premium letters :

LJLG $53.00 26 bids

VXMM $73.00 28 bids

Good....I have some of them :)

•••
Ergo said:

But still VCVC.com form makes even craps like QYZU.com as valuable names so i think axeh.com was good deal. also 3 premium letters!

OHZC.COM $10.51 6 bids
IKBY $46.00 19 bids

These were cheeeeeap!
i won AXEH.com... i really gave up understanding what is or isnt pronouceable, so i went after it because of its pattern VCVC and because it starts with an "A"

if you check the prices of those that start with an "A" you will see it has a good value... and it was $203

•••
Today I noted that SnapNames raised prices for starting bids for LLLL.com
Do they want to raise prices for LLLL.coms?
No more domains to buy for just $9 :( all initial bids are $10-$20 higher than yesterday.

•••
bricio said:
i won AXEH.com
Good picked bricio I was bidding on that as well but stopped after $150 since I was bidding on multiple domains that day. I'm glad you're the one who got it. Congrats!

•••
okay, it's been a busy week for me :) Continuing my "sell low / buy high" stratagery ...

Sold a couple ->
18 nov
ZVQJ $12 NP Auction
WXZV $19.50 eBay
(I pitched these both as "utterly unpronounceable 100% anti-premium collectors items" to much amusement and even a few bids when it was all said and done with.)

And bought a bunch - one on TDNAM, all the rest on NP ->

nov 19
VZOJ $16 Auction
PVVL $24 Auction

nov 18
DZEB $39 TDNAM BIN (first I've payed more than $35 for - it's an "end-user" purchase actually, a gift for my young nephew "Zebby")
FYNV $27 Auction
ZTIJ $19 Purchased after cancelled auction
UQWH $15 Purchased after cancelled auction

nov 17
QMWN JNVX MVTQ ORQV NQWM TQBW NVTQ TQJR PWXU VQSQ QVFV $175 w/ volume discount

nov 16
GQMO $18 Auction (bid against myself twice :) )

nov 15
PZJO $20 Best Offer
DQMN $25 Best Offer
ZNIJ $27 Best Offer
QFVM $25 Best Offer
RVTQ $25 Best Offer
QIAV $30 Auction BIN
QAIV $30 Auction BIN

So ... stats:
17 bought/sold in range from $12 up to $20
7 bought in range from $20 up to 30
3 bought in range from $30 up to $40

Reminding myself of original (wild-ass guess) estimate of 50% chance that every LLLL.com will be worth at least $40 in a year - therefore safe bet to buy anything priced up to $20 (if I have funds available to do so ...) - most of my purchases are still in line with that idea. But now over 1/3 of my buys have been over $20 - paying extra for what? A few vowels? A premium letter here and there? Acronym potential? Hard to say exactly how I'm arriving at my "over $20" buy decisions (except for the one that matched my nephew's nickname...)

Buying spree is over for the time being, now I might start (reluctantly) selling a few just to balance my budget again! (Not a reflection of my outlook on the market, just the reality of need to pay my bills.) And so it goes ... Will be interesting to see if I overpaid a bit for some when I try to flip a few now "for a few dollars more" ... :) May be a learning experience, at least will be useful perspective to keep in mind the next time I'm buying anything priced at several multiples of reg-fee ... Well, we'll see how it goes if I do decide to part with any of my pickups.

:sold:

•••
xman said:
Good picked bricio I was bidding on that as well but stopped after $150 since I was bidding on multiple domains that day. I'm glad you're the one who got it. Congrats!
thanks xman :)
it is still time to increase our LLLL portfolio before their prices skyrocket... i try to grab some of them always at good reseller prices but if i see a good one i wouldnt hesitate in paying more as for me they are a investment for 2-3 years

•••
bricio said:
it is still time to increase our LLLL portfolio before their prices skyrocket... i try to grab some of them always at good reseller prices but if i see a good one i wouldnt hesitate in paying more as for me they are a investment for 2-3 years

Couldn't agree more :)

•••
Else - $8,200
2005 year price

•••
Here are some winning bids on a couple of LLLLs that I've been watching at namejet. I'm not the winning bidder.

orny()com $1,100 on 6th Nov 2007
isio()com $3,900 on 19th Nov 2007

•••
dotcomfans said:
Else - $8,200
2005 year price
ELSE isnt a LLLL.com, ELSE is a word, it is different
it is the same about BET.com... BET isnt a LLL.com, it is a word

what i want to say is that when we have a LLLL.com or a LLL.com that is a word we cant evaluate them as a 3 or 4 letter... the domain name is valuable because it is a one word dictionary.com (besides, it is a small one)

•••
filter said:
okay, it's been a busy week for me :) Continuing my "sell low / buy high" stratagery ...

Sold a couple ->
18 nov
ZVQJ $12 NP Auction
WXZV $19.50 eBay
(I pitched these both as "utterly unpronounceable 100% anti-premium collectors items" to much amusement and even a few bids when it was all said and done with.)

And bought a bunch - one on TDNAM, all the rest on NP ->

nov 19
VZOJ $16 Auction
PVVL $24 Auction

nov 18
DZEB $39 TDNAM BIN (first I've payed more than $35 for - it's an "end-user" purchase actually, a gift for my young nephew "Zebby")
FYNV $27 Auction
ZTIJ $19 Purchased after cancelled auction
UQWH $15 Purchased after cancelled auction

nov 17
QMWN JNVX MVTQ ORQV NQWM TQBW NVTQ TQJR PWXU VQSQ QVFV $175 w/ volume discount

nov 16
GQMO $18 Auction (bid against myself twice :) )

nov 15
PZJO $20 Best Offer
DQMN $25 Best Offer
ZNIJ $27 Best Offer
QFVM $25 Best Offer
RVTQ $25 Best Offer
QIAV $30 Auction BIN
QAIV $30 Auction BIN

So ... stats:
17 bought/sold in range from $12 up to $20
7 bought in range from $20 up to 30
3 bought in range from $30 up to $40

Hi filter ^^
All added on TDVR.com ... thanks! :)

powerup said:
Here are some winning bids on a couple of LLLLs that I've been watching at namejet. I'm not the winning bidder.

orny()com $1,100 on 6th Nov 2007
isio()com $3,900 on 19th Nov 2007

Added this 2 too :)

•••
bricio said:
ELSE isnt a LLLL.com, ELSE is a word, it is different
it is the same about BET.com... BET isnt a LLL.com, it is a word

what i want to say is that when we have a LLLL.com or a LLL.com that is a word we cant evaluate them as a 3 or 4 letter... the domain name is valuable because it is a one word dictionary.com (besides, it is a small one)

I have to agree with you deal.com or baby.com is another world...

•••
on sedo now:
kkkr.com 11h 38m 450 $US

how much would you pay for it?

•••
DotCN said:
on sedo now:
kkkr.com 11h 38m 450 $US

I'd pay 250, resell 300-350. Overpriced currently at 450 imho (assuming it's a reseller buying it).

•••
DotCN said:
on sedo now:
kkkr.com 11h 38m 450 $US

it is a good one because there are 3 reapeating letters but they arent premium
these niche of LLLL is rare, these are the possibilities (LLLX, XLLL) it means there are only 1,352 like that

i would pay until $350-$400 for this one

•••
Phuv.com

PHUV.com

This LLLL, among other things, could stand as an acronym for the Philippine Utility Vehicle (PHuV), a major car project embarked on by the Philippine Government.

Anyone see any upside in this particular LLLL? Any interest?

•••
bricio said:
thanks xman :)
Definitely bricio.

I've been picking up these LLLL.com since April this year in both auctions and hand regged (the good old days...lol). They used to call it a hype but didn't pay much attention with them I pay attention more in picking up as quickly as I could couple months ago. I still see some criticism with the niche but I guess they are the one who missed the boat. Now the ones who got aboard went in the back of the boat to look at those that got left behind and say :wave:

I will definitely add more in my portfolio.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back