NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My mom used to smoke weed a lot. Daily. She'd have a stash waiting for her everyday. Oh, she smoked it so often, it's a shame.

She nearly died of cancer, lived 10 more years in agony, and succumbed to cancer at the age of 32. She was a terrible person and a filthy druggie--all because she used weed to kill the pain of having cancer in pretty much every inch of her body. Yep, ppl who smoke weed are terrible ppl. My mom should have suffered in agony every second of her last 10 years of life. All ppl who use weed are terrible pieces of shit who don't deserve life. She should have sucked it up & pretended to not ache every second, every breath she took. Sure thing.

Next time you have a headache, man up & let it hurt. Drugs are only for fools, right? *rolls eyes*

•••
someones just purchased one of my spliff domain's on sedo using buy now $750

Any update mate ?

Just picked up this drop and used $0.99 code (scott99) -

(com)

SpliffCo

•••
i think all DU is pointing out is nearly all the people involved in recreational use claim "medical use"... its laughable really the amount of pandering that goes on.. i realize some of its done because of the grey area of the law right now but when i hear average joes out here say "medicate" when they clearly mean "just get high" - i feel like telling them they have no reason to be so P.C.

now scuse me as i pour myself a cup of medical coffee.. after all caffeine has medical uses but you dont hear pepsi drinkers talking in secret code about "medicating" :laugh:

•••
I don't know if a full investment on these kinda domains would ever be smart. But if you can get a GREAT weed domain, then you should. To everyone in this thread who thinks differently, I apologize, but you'd have to be high off your ass if you think marijuana.com or another similar domain is/will forever be worthless simply because of a belief that marijuana will never become the cash crop that (sorry to burst your bubble) it already is/has been for longer than any of you had even been alive.

most of the names here are not of the quality of marijuana.com

•••
I do agree with that. Not EVERYONE needs weed. Many just use it recreational. My rant was just saying that not every user is a druggie & there are legit users out there. Though yeah, most ppl just wanna 'get high.'

i think all DU is pointing out is nearly all the people involved in recreational use claim "medical use"... its laughable really the amount of pandering that goes on.. i realize some of its done because of the grey area of the law right now but when i hear average joes out here say "medicate" when they clearly mean "just get high" - i feel like telling them they have no reason to be so P.C.

now scuse me as i pour myself a cup of medical coffee.. after all caffeine has medical uses but you dont hear pepsi drinkers talking in secret code about "medicating" :laugh:

My point was: too many ppl say these domains will be a waste of money simply because weed is still, for the most part, illegal. Most pot domains I've seen will fail because they suck/are of terrible quality, not because weed is illegal in most places. The legality has no factor into it.

•••
i am saying it is a combination, there will be many folk questioning their 'coupon regs' in five years. The legality of it all is just one aspect

once people start posting their favorite song in discussion threads ..........it has lost it's way and the need to justify its usage is not relevant to the domains

•••
Legality has 0% to do with it IMO. If you think it does, ask the owner of weed.com or the owner of marijuana.com to sell the domains to you dirt-cheap & justify it by reminding them that weed is still roundly illegal. See what kinda responses you'd receive :)

•••
a business that you can start tomorrow is better than a business you have to wait until conditions are better suited to start .....simple

and by business i mean more than half the names in this thread, not going to agree with you on legality so we are going in circles at this point

•••
Doesn't apply here: If you can get a domain that has potential to be a 7-figure domain, you'd pay $10 a year to renew it. You wouldn't argue. The problem is: most of the pot domains out there aren't even reg-fee and likely never will be. If I owned marijuana.com, weed.com, blunt.com & reefer.com, then you could bet your ass I'd pay to keep them renewed. But if I had a collection of PotIsGreat.com, WeedMadness.com, & ReeferForMe.com, I highly doubt I'd keep these long enough to ever need renewing them (I'd have sold them dirt-cheap). That or I'd let them expire.

a business that you can start tomorrow is better than a business you have to wait until conditions are better suited to start .....simple

and by business i mean more than half the names in this thread, not going to agree with you on legality so we are going in circles at this point

•••
Happy to agree that marijuana.com can be built into a brand that doesn't even need to sell dope ( just anything dope culture) if the day comes it can be sold online they are in a winning position, same with weed.com and cannabis.com

The rest is stretching it a little ........imo

•••
once people start posting their favorite song in discussion threads ..........it has lost it's way and the need to justify its usage is not relevant to the domains

I didnt know it was my favourite song but thanks for letting me know, I was taking the p**s by saying "best band in uk on pot" :) .......and it was only for a laugh to let people see what pot can do to you amongst other chemicals as shown in the video and as seen in the following posted picture.

Sorry if you was not amused by it.

Especially mine, agreed!

Thanks for pointing out the obvious that most names on here do not have the same quality as marijuana.com , it that how you acquired your "VIP MEMBER" status, by freely giving out such quality insights? I might go on the cloud, 3D, Poker thread and state the obvious too!

Last edited:
•••

This is true. However, take a look at any new technology or trend and then look at the registration dates of similar domains. In almost every case, the domains were registered years before the tech or trend came to fruition.

The name of this game is to be far ahead of the curve. Otherwise, you will pay a domainer like me a handsome amount down the road when you decide to play.

•••
•••
someones just purchased one of my spliff domain's on sedo using buy now $750

lot's of searchs and whois checks and today - it sell's

hopefully it checks out

* update buyer's paid domain pushed to sedo :)

.com

" Spliff Lounge "

big thanks to the OP for creating this thread :bingo: you got me $750 :great:

•••

.com

" Spliff Lounge "

Do you think the Buyer came from namepros or you registered the domain because of this thread?

Good sale!! I own weedlounge :)

thanks,

Jason

•••
I just regged a few names due to seeing this thread ..I guess like most of us did.

parked at sedo buyer purchased at fixed price ..no contact via whois nothing.

•••
•••
Done!!

Vip here we come.....

seems you're on a mission .........oh well at least it keeps you away from youtube :hehe:

actually i was only agreeing with archangel regarding quality names in this genre

~

Are you the same dude that used to spam me with 3d domain names for sale on a regular basis ?

Last edited:
•••

.com

" Spliff Lounge "

You are welcome. When it's legal you can mail me a pack of pre-rolled Selma Spliffs.

•••
You are welcome. When it's legal you can mail me a pack of pre-rolled Selma Spliffs.

unsure about the U.S but the term joint would be strongest here in Oz

•••
Just seen this one,

BongCity.com sold last week for $2,590

:)

•••
My mom used to smoke weed a lot. Daily. She'd have a stash waiting for her everyday. Oh, she smoked it so often, it's a shame.

She nearly died of cancer, lived 10 more years in agony, and succumbed to cancer at the age of 32. She was a terrible person and a filthy druggie--all because she used weed to kill the pain of having cancer in pretty much every inch of her body. Yep, ppl who smoke weed are terrible ppl. My mom should have suffered in agony every second of her last 10 years of life. All ppl who use weed are terrible pieces of shit who don't deserve life. She should have sucked it up & pretended to not ache every second, every breath she took. Sure thing.

Next time you have a headache, man up & let it hurt. Drugs are only for fools, right? *rolls eyes*

What an ignorant thing to say. Just because your mom was a druggie doesnt mean everyone else is
My girlfriend uses it for her cerrebellar ataxia, she gets terrible tremors..Eating and juicing it is far more beneficial at times, but smoking it in moderation is fine.
FYi my mom commited suicide by overdosing on pills, 1975 I was 6 years old. She was a junkie just like your momma. My girl says thank you for having an open mind

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

I picked up a copy of the cannabis digest, when we were at the compassion club the other day. Read it online at http://cannabisdigest.ca/
Maybe find some keywords in it, and may educate some of the people on here, who dont know shit

•••
•••
This is literally the stupidest post I've ever read in my life. Not only did you not see that I was criticizing ppl who call all users 'druggies' but you actually tried to make yourself look good. And you somehow assumed I was talking smack. Really, are you dumb or were you just joking?

BTW I have neurofibromatosis type 2, with 200 tumors throughout my entire body, encompassing deafness, muscular issues, and paralysis, frayed nerves, and more. Your girlfriend is living on a dreamboat compared to me. So throwing her into the mix helps you none.

What an ignorant thing to say. Just because your mom was a druggie doesnt mean everyone else is
My girlfriend uses it for her cerrebellar ataxia, she gets terrible tremors..Eating and juicing it is far more beneficial at times, but smoking it in moderation is fine.
FYi my mom commited suicide by overdosing on pills, 1975 I was 6 years old. She was a junkie just like your momma. My girl says thank you for having an open mind

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

I picked up a copy of the cannabis digest, when we were at the compassion club the other day. Read it online at http://cannabisdigest.ca/
Maybe find some keywords in it, and may educate some of the people on here, who dont know shit

•••
Well the thread is about the value of pot, marijuana domains, so stick to topic
Insulting people for whatever reason,is ignorant. Be the last time I visit this thread, people are getting the personal frustrations and taking them out on this thread.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back