Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for sharing - that's an excellent ROI. You're one of the best flippers I have ever seen.
Easily up there in the top 5 at NamePros.

Keep up the good work and enjoy the profits of playing the domain game.

Some small sales:

Grace / Harvest () com - $325 (Sedo)
Shedding / Light () com - $345 (Direct Inquiry) [in progress]
Allergy / Bedding () com - $795 (Domaining.com)

Purchased for a combined $130, collectively sold for $1465.

•••
My First full Year as a Domainer - 2009 Sales stats

2009 was my first full year as a domainer. I started January 1, 2009
Here are some stats if anyone is interested

Domains Sold: 88
Avg Sale Price: $265
Avg Purchase price: $26
Legal threats: 3
Domains Lost: 1
Cost of loss: $12.00

Best .com sold: addictionary/com
Best CCtld sold: degree/us - via bido.com
Longest name sold: dynamicnetworksolutions/com
weirdest names sold: battoos/com and sparklebee/com and shri.mp
best name sold that i bought while i was drunk: myspace/local/com sold for low XXXX

Avg Daily profit: $56.62

:wave:

Goal for 2010... double these figures

Last edited:
•••

best name sold that i bought while i was drunk: myspace/local/com sold for low XXXX

Congrats!

How many domains total did you purchase, with the intent of flipping, to sell 88 domains? It didn't look like you included that in when calculating your average daily profit.

•••
"Goal for 2010... double these figures "

Nice stats. Just dont double the legal threats and lost domains line items. :)

•••
Congrats!

How many domains total did you purchase, with the intent of flipping, to sell 88 domains? It didn't look like you included that in when calculating your average daily profit.

I bought about 150 names this year. My buy to sell ratio is running about 55%.. so basically i sell every other name I buy

•••
I bought about 150 names this year. My buy to sell ratio is running about 55%.. so basically i sell every other name I buy

55% is really really good. Got any tips on things you've learned over the past year?

•••
55% is really really good. Got any tips on things you've learned over the past year?

yeah stick to .coms and learn about your customer. Why sell a name for 100 when you know they live in a rich neighborhood (google maps), and can afford a grand? :red:

•••
yeah stick to .coms and learn about your customer. Why sell a name for 100 when you know they live in a rich neighborhood (google maps), and can afford a grand? :red:

That's a good idea. I never thought of using google maps.

•••

Great results. Thanks for sharing this info. Can you share with us an estimate of how many sales contacts you made on prospective buyers to find those 88? The other question I have is how much time did you invest. How part or full time was this result?

•••
•••
Congrats Telking on a great year & for sharing your stats. Domainers all too often try selling domains for four figures and end up selling none. I received notice from SEDO this week of a $75 sale for a three-word .Net and almost thought big deal but ROI wise it will still be an okay sale (once they pay).

•••
Great results. Thanks for sharing this info. Can you share with us an estimate of how many sales contacts you made on prospective buyers to find those 88? The other question I have is how much time did you invest. How part or full time was this result?

i look for names about an hour a day but im very focused. when i have any other free time i look but its just for fun. so about an hour of hardcore searching. i use google to find my buyers

•••
Just fully analysed my first full year in the domain investing field.

- Managed to generate just under $90,000 (profit) up to this day, an average of $7.5k net profit/month
- Total of 120 domain sales (mixture end users/domain investors)
- The best months were the last 3 as I am getting a little more efficient as I crawl up the steep learning curve with regards to end user sales

SEPT: $8,700 PROFIT
NOV: $13,500 PROFIT
DEC: $13,000 PROFIT

Best 4 .com sales:
MDD.com ($20,000), Flu.info ($14,000), WomensTops.com ($9,000), ImmobilienPortal.com (mid $x,xxx)

One of my longest names sold: BuyTargetedTraffic.com ($1,500)

These figures were posted to prove ONE simple fact >> that's it's NEVER too late for ANYONE to start playing the domaining game and, consequently, earn a decent income, each and every month.

Last edited:
•••

- Managed to generate just under $90,000 (profit) up to this day, an average of $7.5k net profit/month
- The best months were the last 3 as I am getting a little more efficient as I crawl up the steep learning curve with regards to end user sales

Best 4 .com sales:
MDD.com ($20,000), Flu.info ($14,000), WomensTops.com ($9,000), ImmobilienPortal.com (mid $x,xxx)

These figures were posted to prove ONE simple fact >> that's it's NEVER too late for ANYONE to start playing the domaining game and, consequently, earn a decent income, each and every month.

No doubt you are doing the right things BUT what many may want to know is what is the avg price you are picking up these names for? Myself I tend not to spend more then $20 if I can on any one domain (although I have in the past) and thats where many like myself cant bring in the big dollars as were maybe just to cheap.

So if you could im not asking where you picked them up but just the avg price you pay for each domain. Kepp up the good work and look forward to more of your sales!

•••

Best 4 .com sales:

Congrats and All the best !

Would you tell how many average leads you find per domain for end user mails ?
What is your conversion rate and mean time to sell the domain ?

Is this your first year of domaining ?

Thanks

•••
Federer, do you think that making minisites with your names has helped in sales?

This was my second year in domaining, and while I did manage a handful of decent sales, for the most part I'm still struggling day in and day out to REALLY profit from this business. (My idea of REALLY profiting being a consistent $1,000 - $1,500/mo.)

•••
Based on my own experience, minisites are great for generating monthly residual income. My minisites, for example, are making around $300 to $400 per month on autopilot.
In terms of minisites helping/attracting end users sales - this has never been my case. A minisite will certainly catch more attention in the Search Engines, attract more traffic - but the vast majority of this traffic will be coming from online consumers seeking information/products/services that are directly related to the keywords in your domain/site.
Of course, the site also raises awareness - and COULD give the potential end user some ideas as to what COULD be achieved with the domain as a either a basic or a full blown enterprise site/business. But the day you sell that site, the chances are the company will put up something new according to THEIR long-term objectives. Of course, if your site is making good money, then it's another story. Investors/end users will happily pay certain multiples of it's monthly/yearly rev.
If you're planning on developing only for the purpose of catching end users' attention, in my opinion, it's a waste of time/money/energy that could be much better spent marketing the domain to just the right end users.

Going back to DOMAINWB's questions, I send out on average between 25 and 50 emails per domain to the top end users. I sell 1 in every 5-6 domains - which is pretty good considering 80% of the time, 80% of my purchases are under $80.

•••
Just sold deala/no/deala dot com for $120.
(It is a Contest conducted by a popular television channel in Tamilnadu)
Thanks to Gene and everyone here for sharing your experiences.

•••
congrats to Federer you continue to inspire and motivate. You had a great year. Hopefully I will improve over the coming months and start making some real money.

BTW: does anyone here have any experience selling .co.uk's? I have a few I want to start unloading rather quickly. PM me with any info you may be able to offer up. Thanks.

•••
Very informative answer, Federer. Thank you so much.

•••
Congrats Federer, your sales are very inspiring! :)

•••
Thanks Federer for sharing your stats - 25-50 targeted emails to end users with a 15-20% conversion rate per domain marketed. That still means ~200 emails per sale so even for the pros, selling a domain to an end user is hard work. Another important point is that you don't get involved in bidding wars at Snapnames and Namejet which require a higher resale price to justify. Lastly, you point out that creating a website requires an investment of time which an end user often will not value. Happy holidays...

•••
I would like to give back to the community.

Within the next few days, I will be creating and sending out my 1st domain newsletter to serious domain investors around the world. The newsletter will feature very good keyword domains (only .COM and .NET) at discount prices. If you would like to receive a free copy of the newsletter, please send me an email ([email protected]).
Now the best part > if you would like to submit one domain for consideration to be included in the 1st newsletter, just send me a PM or an email with 1) the domain and 2) your lowest possible BIN. Domain must be .COM or .NET and have a MIN. exact search volume of 700.
Now the even better part > listing your domain is FREE! If your domain sales through the newsletter, there is NO commission and no fee to pay. This is simply a quality service I will be providing to serious domain investors all over the world. After having sold literally hundreds of domains over the past 18 months, I have made many key contacts in this business.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you very much for all your requests. I am astounded at the positive response from domain investors. Obviosuly, the fact the domain listing is FREE and that I am charging ZERO commission is helping. The 1st newsletter will be going out in the next 24 to 48 hours - featuring strong keyword domains at bargain prices. Be sure to sign up (quick email: [email protected]) if you haven't done so yet, it will be well worth it. Throughout the newsletters, I'll also be revealing certain marketing techniques I have been using on a daily basis to earn $1000+/day. The newsletters will also contain lists of quality keyword domains (recently dropped/expired) that are available for registration.
You want me to market your killer domain to some of the world's top domain investors? Email me and we can work something out if your domain is as good as you think it is and if the price is right. I may even buy it myself.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back