NameSilo

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks abc3200 and JoshuaPz, end user rules.

If you don't mind me asking, how did the negotiation go? Did you initiate contact? How long did it take to finish the sale from first contact? Thanks.

•••
Unhappiness.org $100 at BIDO

•••
If you don't mind me asking, how did the negotiation go? Did you initiate contact? How long did it take to finish the sale from first contact? Thanks.

I reached the U.K based company on 10th Sep, buyer interested in the domain and asked me the price. I asked £5,500 GBP and buyer thought it's too high but still submitted my requested price to their board. After 2 months, they contacted me on 18th Nov and countered £4,000 GBP. I accepted their offer and they agreed to wire the payment directly to my bank account to save the escrow cost. Deal completed in 2 days. A typical end user deal.

•••
After 2 months,

be glad that meanwhile you didn't sell to someone else for less than 4000.

i hate late replys.

that happened to me once.
one buyer contacted me after several weeks and accepted my offer without negotiation.

but meanwhile the DN was sold to someone else for 30% of my initial asking price. 8-X

btw, congrats, nice sale ;)

•••
I reached the U.K based company on 10th Sep, buyer interested in the domain and asked me the price. I asked £5,500 GBP and buyer thought it's too high but still submitted my requested price to their board. After 2 months, they contacted me on 18th Nov and countered £4,000 GBP. I accepted their offer and they agreed to wire the payment directly to my bank account to save the escrow cost. Deal completed in 2 days. A typical end user deal.

aint that a classic example of end user sale? Did you report to DNJournal? as most would say, do it right away!!

Should get you a spot somewhere in the list IMO, congrats!! :sold:

•••
Yes congrats Owntype on a perfect example of why one needs to market to end users. That same name at BIDO might have gone for $50. I'm seeing a number of offer page views as a result of my recent emails but thus far no buyers.

•••
Thanks guys, will get some screenshot and report to DNJ. :)

•••
f/l/e/x/i/m/a/g/i/n/g()com $1800.00....check in hand. I won't see the soup line until after Christ Day! :hearts:

•••

congrats on great sale! you were patient and it paid off!

•••
That same name at BIDO might have gone for $50.

why put it up on BIDO for throwing it out to reseller market and get pennies for a pearl? some of the gems go for meager mid $xx to low $xxx value and sellers dont get shit in their hand... I requested BIDO to close my account last month and dont use them anymore.

You can actually pick up few cheap ones from there, however I would never recommend someone selling domains on BIDO!

•••
I agree DONT that BIDO is worth a look to acquire an occasional decent name worth reselling (most sellers use it to dump unwanted domains) but as a seller it is not the place to obtain top dollar for your domains.

•••
(most sellers use it to dump unwanted domains)

very rightly said, BIDO aint an end user selling platform and most of us used to or still use it as a place to dump our garbage portfolio to try and get some $$'s out of it lol
Bido aint going no where in the long run until they get in on action and lure end users to get involved in their platform

Last edited:
•••
Just sold G/O/K/U.com for $8,000 via SN.
Domain transfer completed.

•••

nice sale!

was it on auction or BIN?

regards,
tonecas

•••
Thanks, Tonecas. It was auction, reserve met.

•••
Pain.WS

I sold Pain.ws on Friday for $512.00 on Bido

I also sold PowerhouseCash.com for $150.00 BIN on Ebay

And ProfileWines.com at auction on Sedo for $100.00

Last edited:
•••

Congrat for the great sale ! I was bidding on this domain when it was realeased in NJ about a year ago but I didn't win.

•••

Congrats, CVCV domains allways rocks. But you got a good price than the current market prices :imho:

•••
Thanks. I sold G/O/Y/O.COM for $9k in the past. Quality CVCV always have good market value. :)

•••
SolanaBeach/Sun () Com $250

•••
Aww I wanted that domain so bad, should of donated to me, I would of develop the hell out of it :D
Who cares if its CVCV, its Goku! The legendary Super Sayajin :O

•••
Aww I wanted that domain so bad, should of donated to me, I would of develop the hell out of it :D
Who cares if its CVCV, its Goku! The legendary Super Sayajin :O

Yeah, and the name is a high search volume keyword comes with good typein traffic. :)
It's risky to develop it as what it means since the word is TMed by Toei Animation Co., Ltd

•••
Payment received...end user sale:

H/V/F/M dot com -- $600

•••
Payment received...end user sale:

H/V/F/M dot com -- $600

nice, congrats!

was the buyer a radio station (FM)?

•••
nice, congrats!

was the buyer a radio station (FM)?
No, although that's what I had always figured it would sell to if it were to sell ("High Voltage FM" or something like that).

The buyer was actually the head of a new Farmer's Market!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back