IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

picked up e - rechnung * (com) for reg fee 3 days ago (means e-invoice in english) and sold it for 700 euros (~ 1000$) yesterday. interesting thing was that i received an email few hours after registering the name, asking me if i want to sell it and offered me 500 euros. i replied with 700 and it was accepted. i think a registrar or the owner, dropped this name by mistake.
maybe i could have asked for more, but i didn't want to be too greedy ;))

•••
Hi,

picked up e - rechnung * (com) for reg fee 3 days ago (means e-invoice in english) and sold it for 700 euros (~ 1000$) yesterday. interesting thing was that i received an email few hours after registering the name, asking me if i want to sell it and offered me 500 euros. i replied with 700 and it was accepted. i think a registrar or the owner, dropped this name by mistake.
maybe i could have asked for more, but i didn't want to be too greedy ;))

sheer luck>? :lol: great flip & ROI

•••
sheer luck>? :lol: great flip & ROI

Luck? Maybe. However I tend to find that researching the domains you are buying/registering as much as possible greatly increases your chance of "luck" happening.

•••
agree AussieDomainer.
actually this was a good find (electronic invoice).
if you look at the other extensions (like .de / at / ch), (even with hyphen) you will see that most of them are registered by big companies (one of them through a bank)

so it was a mixture of luck and good search methods

•••
2 Weeks ago sold CSIP*.*com for $1,100
Won this domain for $170 on 10-03-2009 @ NJ
Buyer contacted me via email with $700 & icounted with 2K
Finaly ended with 1.1K

•••
Guy wanted cheap/firewood and he told me it should be cheap because it has the word cheap in it. LOL
I told him $425 and he didn't come back. I think $400 ish is fine for a two word domain....
Is that to much for this domain, ideas on value??

Even funnier,
I read Gene's post from page one of this thread and he sold tripleAdvantage for 12k in 2005,
but look at the create date, its 2006!!!!!
Did they let it expire and have to rebuy it again????

•••
@ JoshuaPz and Federer...I looked over your sample templates at nameflipper and notice you reference BuyDomains in your reply email. How would you phrase that part of your reply if you owned bluewidgets.com and buy domains had bluewidget.com listed for sale on there website? Would you still use the median of all 2 word "blue" and "widget" .coms or would you base it off what they had bluewidget.com priced for?

•••
Picked up TechnologyConsultingServices.com for reg fee (drop) a few days ago.
Just sold to an end user for $1,500.

•••
Picked up TechnologyConsultingServices.com for reg fee (drop) a few days ago.
Just sold to an end user for $1,500.

Nice sale!
You send emails to endusers during weekends, too ?

•••
@Federer congrats! Been following some of your sales and sounds like your having a wonderful year.

I'm going start emailing some end users on a few niche plays I have in .com and.net plays I picked up earlier.

•••
Federer- do you have a software that generates a domain list based on some data which you then try on bulk registration tools and find regfee names or do you just go through some register of companies and just check if company name .coms are free?
I understand how Josh can find such names- there are pre-release and dropping domain lists available, but to find yet unregistered names?

Congrats on your great system whatever it is! :)

•••
I finally sold the dot com: Soo-Foo for $600.00.

Soo Foo is the nickname for Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA.

I say that I finally sold it because the transaction took over a month to complete. It was brokered through NetSol's "Certified Offer Service" and was pretty much a pain-in-the-butt.

Originally the buyer agreed upon a price (after some negotiation), but never faxed the tranfer info, so the offer lasped. Soon after he (or she or they) re-instituted the same offer and I accepted all over again.

I had it transferred over to the holding account within 5 days and they acknowledged the successful transfer in an email early on that Friday. Then, later in the day I received another email telling me that the transfer was unsuccessful due to a glitch in the transfer, and they had no idea what went wrong. This was an automated email.

Because I had approved the transfer, it went through sooner than their system expected, which generated the error, but I was upset and wrote them about midnight on Friday night. I received and answer back from the agent on my case on Tuesday afternoon. TUESDAY? NetSol continues to have the poorest service in the world.

I did not receive my check until Monday, this week. That is over 11 days after the domain had successfully transferred. What happens is that NetSol approves payments on transfers that had successfully completed on Friday to be paid. The payment isn't processed until the following Thursday because NetSol has this scam down. And of course, I didn't get the snail mail delivery of the check until after the weekend on the following Monday. NetSol is always leveraging everything to benefit itself, not anyone else. Sedo would have paid instantly through PayPal upon successful transfer, others as well.

Just yet another reason I went and became my own registrar... NetSol's extremely poor and very slow service.

I also sold GF6 (.com) last summer for $2299 (but I have not been using NamePros forums too much and hadn't logged in to report it in a couple years), and I thought I'd mention it, that was a very easy, quick & smooth Sedo brokered sale.

-Doug

•••
Wedding / Planning / Revealed () com - $167 (SEDO)

•••
Black/Smith/Studios () COM $750
Nu/Vision/Studios () COM $200

•••
Recent sales:

SteelCube.com: $150 (on sedo)
LeadsPage: $595 (on sedo)
ExpressDialup.com: $4,000 (never advertised)
TripleAdvantage.com: $12,000 (never advertised)

thanks for your message Gene

its really good

•••
che ss ta//ble ()net sold at snap generic domain auction for $ 300

•••
che ss ta//ble ()net sold at snap generic domain auction for $ 300

I saw that one in Snap auction, and thought it was lil' expensive at $300.. however someone did like it at that price and that's excellent for you.

Congratulations bud!

•••
Wiper/Blade .net + .org $499 for both - transfered and complete - reg fee pickups a while ago

•••
I just sold Y/o/u/t/h/I/n/c.com for £4,000 GBP, transaction completed.

($6,615)

•••
•••
I just sold Y/o/u/t/h/I/n/c.com for £4,000 GBP, transaction completed.

($6,615)

That is mightily sexy.

Addendum: Also, to the 2-dozen or so people who asked me via PM, my website, end-user selling blog, and sales transcripts are back online. I'll also throw in more actual sales transcripts if anyone's interested.

Last edited:
•••
That is mightily sexy.

Addendum: Also, to the 2-dozen or so people who asked me via PM, my website, end-user selling blog, and sales transcripts are back online. I'll also throw in more actual sales transcripts if anyone's interested.

Would definitely be interested in seeing more transcripts. Thanks in advance.

•••
I sold LRKV dot c o m for $25 here on forum :)

•••
•••
Thanks abc3200 and JoshuaPz, end user rules.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back