Dynadot

PPC to PPI model change

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TjWarrior

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Google announced that it is changing how it pays AdSense publishers, no longer Paying Per Click and switching to exclusively Paying on a Per Impression model.
The upcoming transition is expected to be fully implemented by the end of 2023.

This will have a significant negative impact on parking revenue.
What are your opinions on this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Parked domains usually has a bad CTR so it should be a good news.
However I expect a low Earning Per Impression.
Therefore difficult to predict the final outcome.
Hopefully we have hit the bottom.

Last edited:
•••
In my opinion this is very bad news
In ppc model a domain with a 10$ epc if have 10 visitors and 2 clicks the parker get 20$
In ppi model, the parker need 1000 visitors (cpm) to get 10$

•••
Thanks for that.

Could you please share your source?

•••
pitchonnet.com/pitch-feature/making-sense-of-googles-adsense-changes-33552.html

•••
pitchonnet.com/pitch-feature/making-sense-of-googles-adsense-changes-33552.html

It seems there is more to it than switching from ppc to ppi.

As always, when I hear of drastic changes, I just wait to see what happens(ie. what is behind the changes) while at the same time trying not to make excessive risky investments.

Thanks for the heads-up

•••
Generally when changes are made like this, it’s to pay out less overall, not more. Same with affiliate programs when they make changes to their payouts. Wouldn’t make sense to them to change their program to pay out less if their program is working

•••
I just wait to see what happens
Hi

i agree.

the ppc sky has been falling every year, for so many years now.
that some can no longer see the silver lining

folks always predicting dark clouds and thunder storms
but we've weathered many in the past
and now, once again, we'll just have to see whether the sun will still shine in ppc land tomorrow.

:)

imo...

imo....

•••
Google Search GIF by JK Online

no longer Paying Per Click and switching to exclusively Paying on a Per Impression model.
Yep,
They are smart, maybe there were fake/or clicks by mistake ... etc or they just optimizes business model, who knows

Last edited:
•••
I estimate that with these changes, we domain parkers will lose more than 80% of our parking revenue

•••
In the past visitors were clicking on ads as they had no idea on the consequences such as privacy concerns and ad revenues. Now they click less. Average Joe has got well educated on "make money online", "privacy policy", "gdpr", "Affiliate disclosures", "I make money if you click on this" and lots of similar things. Now people either don't see any ads or don't click. Ad companies have solved ad blockers problem partially with mobile phone apps. But click problem has remained unsolved. As they can't solve it, they now choose not to see the problem. Very smart solution! I always think big companies are managed by fools.

Last edited:
•••
When should this change be ? I didn't hear anything in bodis or parkingcrew.

•••
I believe G essentially wants a cable tv of the internet, where you have a set number of channels you get to chose from.

Those who have been online for the last 25 years can see this. When you searched for something in 2003 (when Adsense came around) you would get results from 100's of individually owned websites on the first number of pages.

Now that same search will funnel you into either G affiliate product placement or into a legacy media site owned by a huge multimedia conglomerate.

Adsense will be more focused on all their large publishers and legacy media accounts, while slowly killing off the little independently owned websites. They will still offer pay per click to legacy media and large publishers under exclusive deals.

The end goal is to have you completely in their little bubble, where they control the narrative and what kinds of content can reach you.

•••
•••
Domain parking will die on the last day of this month

With the PPI and Google updates, our revenue will suffer a drop of 80/90% until it will eventually end forever

•••
Domain parking will die on the last day of this month

With the PPI and Google updates, our revenue will suffer a drop of 80/90% until it will eventually end forever

it is for adsense not for google parking domain

•••
If you think that Google won't implement ppi for parking later on, you're only fooling yourself

And I say this upset, because unfortunately this will affect my business too

•••
Adsense is banners, it can work with both PPC or PPC.
Parking is terms people click on.
I don't think things will change to PPI for parking, unless we start having banners at parking landing pages, which doesn't make sense.
I think with parking nothing will change.
I just hope the EPC will rise a little bit.

•••
Adsense is banners, it can work with both PPC or PPC.
Parking is terms people click on.
I don't think things will change to PPI for parking, unless we start having banners at parking landing pages, which doesn't make sense.
I think with parking nothing will change.
I just hope the EPC will rise a little bit.
I meant Adsense is banners, it can work with both PPC or PPI

•••
I wish you were right, but the change to PPI is inevitable
And with that comes the end, with cuts of 80 to 90% of our revenue

•••
I wish you were right, but the change to PPI is inevitable
And with that comes the end, with cuts of 80 to 90% of our revenue
I'm not as pessimist as you. Google is making money from parking EPC, they will not choose to make less. Let's hope for the better

•••
Does anybody receive the following email from ParkingCrew?

Dear ParkingCrew User,

We are writing to inform you about an important update from Google that will affect your earnings from domain parking.

Google has announced that it will transition from the pay-per-click (PPC) model to the pay-per-impression (PPI) model for its AdSense program by the end of 2024. This means that publishers will get paid based on the number of impressions their ads generate, rather than the number of clicks.

This change will impact all domain parking services that use Google’s AdSense, including ParkingCrew. We expect that this will result in lower earnings for most domains, especially those with low traffic or low ad viewability.

To help you prepare for this change and optimize your domains and traffic for the new PPI model, we have created a guide that explains the PPI model in more detail and provides some tips and best practices. You can access the guide here.

We also recommend that you monitor your earnings and performance closely in the coming months, as Google will gradually switch to the PPI model. You can view your earnings and performance reports on your ParkingCrew dashboard.

We appreciate your continued support and trust in ParkingCrew. We are working hard to provide you with the best domain parking service and to minimize the impact of this change on your earnings. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Sincerely,

The ParkingCrew Team

•••
Now show ads instead of categories ?

"We expect that this will result in lower earnings for most domains, especially those with low traffic or low ad viewability." very positive news ...., who need this changes ?

•••
Apparently Google thought it would be a good idea to change the model
I'm sure it's a shot in the foot

Now we have to change the strategy and focus on domains with a lot of traffic

•••
I haven't received anything from parkingcrew or Bodis yet.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back