IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry guys/gals I was a little tied up today or I would have responded earlier. In a nutshell, Yahoo implemented some new code last Wednesday and this new code affected all platforms including the all Yahoo based parking companies and even Yahoo.com itself. The code was rolled back sometime on Thursay so the normal numbers started coming back a little on Thursday's final numbers, but all of Friday's numbers should be back to normal.

What actually happened? If you had very specific domains that targeted keywords that weren't generic keywords you were affected by this problem. Yahoo has 2 types of results that they return, the first is called exact match, which is when somebody types in "windows server hosting" and an advertiser had bid on "windows server hosting", this is where most make the most money. The other type is broad match, which is when somebody searches for "what was the score of Alabama vs LSU in football" and since there probably isn't an exact match for this, Yahoo uses all of the words to create a search. This is the basically the same system that Yahoo uses with YPN. Because this is a broad match, the prices are lower than exact match.

The problem that was introduced last week put the broad match above the exact match. What this this is that the advertisers paid less, we received less, and our partners received less. This didn't affect everybody, just some of our partners.

But that's about all I know.

Our estimates on daily basis should be a little low for the next few days as it relearns the prices for different keywords.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Sorry guys/gals I was a little tied up today or I would have responded earlier. In a nutshell, Yahoo implemented some new code last Wednesday and this new code affected all platforms including the all Yahoo based parking companies and even Yahoo.com itself. The code was rolled back sometime on Thursay so the normal numbers started coming back a little on Thursday's final numbers, but all of Friday's numbers should be back to normal.

What actually happened? If you had very specific domains that targeted keywords that weren't generic keywords you were affected by this problem. Yahoo has 2 types of results that they return, the first is called exact match, which is when somebody types in "windows server hosting" and an advertiser had bid on "windows server hosting", this is where most make the most money. The other type is broad match, which is when somebody searches for "what was the score of Alabama vs LSU in football" and since there probably isn't an exact match for this, Yahoo uses all of the words to create a search. This is the basically the same system that Yahoo uses with YPN. Because this is a broad match, the prices are lower than exact match.

The problem that was introduced last week put the broad match above the exact match. What this this is that the advertisers paid less, we received less, and our partners received less. This didn't affect everybody, just some of our partners.

But that's about all I know.

Donny

Thanks Donny. Makes things a bit more clear now.

Donny said:
Our estimates on daily basis should be a little low for the next few days as it relearns the prices for different keywords.

Once the system queries/re-indexes and creates a new DB of keyword estimates, should we expect to see our rates get back to normal?

Btw, Donny, I might be in NY this week. Are you planning on another meetup at NY?

:)

•••
troopscott - I have read your question a few times now and I have no idea what you are talking about. :)

Varon - Your rates should be back to normal now. But the estimates (remember we don't pay on estimates) are probably a little off until around Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't have anything particular planned in NY, but I will be there from tomorrow night until Thursday night. So any during the day, I will have 30-60 minutes, but at night I should have a few hours at any time.

Just an update I will be in flight to New York tomorrow, so any questions I will either answer in the morning before my flight or not until Monday.

Donny

•••
Donny,
Did you ever figure out why we were getting 0 cents for clicks? I only ask because this is the 3rd time I have had the estimate stats say 0 cents. In the past I have been paid for the clicks when the stats finalized but it does seem weird that the estimates would give 0 cents for a click.

•••
If there's no decent historical data to go on, perhaps showing 0 is better than showing some totally madeup number that's likely going to be way off anyways...

Perhaps, a better approach for Parked, for clicks that for whatever reason can't be estimated at all, is to display "??" or NA or something like that instead.

Ron

•••
and i hope some of did receive clicks with o $ even after being finalised...

because i see clicks in my account with 0 $ even after been finalised.

•••
Domagon said:
If there's no decent historical data to go on, perhaps showing 0 is better than showing some totally madeup number that's likely going to be way off anyways...

Perhaps, a better approach for Parked, for clicks that for whatever reason can't be estimated at all, is to display "??" or NA or something like that instead.

Ron
The domain in question has had over 300 clicks in the past 5 days so I doubt it was a lack of data. The numbers have since updated and are now showing a value for the click.

•••
geb9696 - It was just our estimate engine that was showing $0.00 clicks, I sent it to our stats guy and he found some examples when it coud happen so he corrected the problem. If you are still seeing some now, please let me know.

evilopinions - Please send me some examples of $0.00 clicks after they have been finalized. I will not be around today, but I'll send it to our stats guy on Monday.

Donny

•••
cybermonkey said:
Hi, everyone!

I am new to Parked.com. I was parking my domains with Sedo and decided to move them to Parked.com. However, after more than two days all my stats are still showing zero. I contacted Parked.com two days ago but didn't get any answer yet, so I decided to post the thread in this forum. I hope I'll get some help here from members.:)

Thank you,

OK, its officially day 4 since I submitted my trouble ticket to Parked.com. I am still waiting for respond. All my domains stats are still showing zero after 4 days since I've moved them from Sedo. To be continued....

•••
cybermonkey - It hasn't been 4 days, you submitted something on Friday and your account manager was out of the office on Friday.

It seems to me that all of your domains are only getting hits from spiders. In about 15 minutes you should have a hit and that's from me.

We don't show hits from Spiders like some other parking companies do, because we don't consider a spider to be a real visitor.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
cybermonkey - It hasn't been 4 days, you submitted something on Friday and your account manager was out of the office on Friday.

It seems to me that all of your domains are only getting hits from spiders. In about 15 minutes you should have a hit and that's from me.

We don't show hits from Spiders like some other parking companies do, because we don't consider a spider to be a real visitor.

Donny

Hi, Donny
Thank you for clearing this out for me. I didn't know about the spiders issue.
Trouble ticket closed. Thank again.

•••
Well, all I can say is that Donny is the best PR ever for a parking company. Honestly, I'm impressed with the way he takes time out to answer every single question. I find it difficult these days to even answer my private messages. I know how difficult it can get. Donny, you are doing an excellent job by giving us your time and patience. I just wish other parking companies took time out the way you do.

I see that Donny has been around on this forum for 3 years and very few of us have bothered to take out 5 seconds to add him some reputation points for all the help given. I guess I have been guilty too. Let me set that straight by adding my sincere reps for awesome support and information.

For those who don't know how to add reps, its done by clicking on the
rep.jpg
icon just below his name.

Thanks Donny.

•••
RPC is going up ;)

Mine is 0.04$ more from yesterday at AA.

•••
Namepros.com said:
We're glad that you're fond of this member, but please give some rep points to some other members before giving it to Donny again.
I wish... :hehe:

I agree with Varon. Donny definitely deserves rep points. Although he's just representing "his company", he has answers to almost all our questions and does the one thing that's near priceless - Deliver outstanding customer service that turns into a very welcoming and positive user experience.

IB

Varon said:
For those who don't know how to add reps, its done by clicking on the
rep.jpg
icon just below his name.

Thanks Donny.

•••
Rep added for Donny. Let's spread the word that parked.com treats us well to the others who are getting screwed from the other parking companies out there.
Parked.com is #1 and Donny is a major reason for that.

Thanks, Jim

•••
IntelBank.com said:
I wish... :hehe:

I agree with Varon. Donny definitely deserves rep points. Although he's just representing "his company", he has answers to almost all our questions and does the one thing that's near priceless - Deliver outstanding customer service that turns into a very welcoming and positive user experience.

IB

Yeah...I've noticed that if you added rep points to a member previously, you keep getting that system message, if you try adding reps to that same member again.

I was able to add reps and also an offer of a Dom Pérignon for Donny anytime he is in the VA/DC area.

•••
Varon said:
Yeah...I've noticed that if you added rep points to a member previously, you keep getting that system message, if you try adding reps to that same member again.

I was able to add reps and also an offer of a Dom Pérignon for Donny anytime he is in the VA/DC area.

Reps added to Donny an IntelBank. Tried adding to Varon but he's too modest, by leaving a message to give to others first. That's Varon the "Lion Heart" for you!

GIL

•••
Varon said:

Reps added to Donny an IntelBank. Tried adding to Varon but he's too modest, by leaving a message to give to others first. That's Varon the "Lion Heart" for you! A true gentleman!

GIL

•••
Varon said:

Reps added to Donny an IntelBank. Tried adding to Varon but he's too modest, by leaving a message to give to others first. That's Varon the "Lion Heart" for you. A true gentleman!

GIL

•••
Sorry about a second identical post. trying to see how to delete it!

GIL

Last edited:
•••
GILSAN said:
Reps added to Donny an IntelBank. Tried adding to Varon but he's too modest, by leaving a message to give to others first. That's Varon the "Lion Heart" for you. A true gentleman!

GIL

Yes, very nice gesture Gilsan...they definitely deserve them! :tu:

Last edited:
•••
my RPC is still at the same level as before . . . I still have a TQ problem I guess . . .

•••
•••
•••
closed down...Thats because I just added the domains and stats not picking right....But still have a crap rpc...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back