NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yesterday I had twice the normal traffic and about one-fifth the ctr. Total write-off. C'est la vie

My account has been recovering slowly but surely and I hope yesterday was just an anomaly. Parked has more cool stuff coming along so they have my full confidence going ahead.

•••
CTR & RPC Ok here. Though I do notice that one niche I moved from another PC to Parked is getting half the RPC that it was at the other place. Moving it back as it's a high volume niche.

•••
Things are definitely looking better now. RPC has caught up on 70% of the domains. Also noticed an improvement in CTR.

•••
Haven't Recovered

Wish I could say the same. One name settled down $37.49 and over all just seems to be no where near what it was climbing to.

I just haven't recovered but today is looking okay so we'll see what happens.

Varon said:
Things are definitely looking better now. RPC has caught up on 70% of the domains. Also noticed an improvement in CTR.

•••
I got click for Medical domain, They killing me
$13.33 66.67% $0.02 $0.04

•••
Something has happened to my Chinese traffic as well. It's disintegrated. Practically no longer existing and for the case that i do get the occasional click, it's value is less than %50 of what it used to be. This is something that's been puzzling me for a while. Same goes for my medical/financial domains, click values are still not where they used to be. I wonder if that's still that "bug" or if there's some other shift that i totally missed... :'(

IB

•••
Maybe more filtering by Parked - most parking places try to exclude suspect clicks, such as bots.

If you are pretty sure Parked's filtering hasn't changed, and the Chinese traffic is still out there, then perhaps the problem is the use of the parked.com name servers...

From what I recall reading awhile back, there were reports of problems with a different parking service whose name servers were basically blacklisted by some ISPs, such as in China, and weren't queried, causing domain not found errors for end-users.

A work-around, especially if you only have a few high-traffic Chinese domains you're concerned about, is to manually setup a different name server for those and point them to Parked.com using A records, cname records, or http redirects.

Ron

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
My sister is interested in joining parked.com. Does anyone know if this is cool with Donny (having people in your family join parked)? Thanks Guys.

•••
Why wouldn't it be? If there's any "issue" then it might be with the "Who-Is" info for the case that you guys are planning to combine your domains at parked. Other than that, if she has her own account with parked, i don't see why this would be a problem. You should refer your sister, this way you get the referral bonus and keep the money in the family... :)

IB

•••
I have account and my bother have one.I think is ok

•••
IntelBank.com said:
Why wouldn't it be? If there's any "issue" then it might be with the "Who-Is" info for the case that you guys are planning to combine your domains at parked. Other than that, if she has her own account with parked, i don't see why this would be a problem. You should refer your sister, this way you get the referral bonus and keep the money in the family... :)

IB

Ha, I forgot the whole referral thing. Ok I'll let her know. Thanks guys.

•••
Yes, I know about a WHOLE FAMILY that are PARKED'ers! :tu:

•••
Just ask your sister to signup thoru SDK's Refferal link! Peter will pay u 11% commission :lol:

•••
vbigdeli said:
Just ask your sister to signup thoru SDK's Refferal link! Peter will pay u 11% commission :lol:

I think you mean SDX! :lol:

•••
SDX said:
I think you mean SDX! :lol:

Ok, good deal. I'll talk to her tonight. :P

•••
mrizos said:
Ok, good deal. I'll talk to her tonight. :P

Thanks! ;) :sold:

•••
Now watch for Donny to come in and say: "I bid 12%" :wave:

:hehe:

IB

•••
IntelBank.com said:
Now watch for Donny to come in and say: "I bid 12%" :wave:

:hehe:

IB

:hehe: He can bid A LOT higher than that! ;)
I'm still waiting to hear from Donny after he left for NY from LA!
I hope NYC didn't "swallow him" up! :lol:

•••
Parked rocks!! Signed up 3 days back and already amazed by the ctr and rpc values, almost 5 times more than what Sedo gives.

Peter, many thanks for helping me out! :)

•••
DnWizard said:
Parked rocks!! Signed up 3 days back and already amazed by the ctr and rpc values, almost 5 times more than what Sedo gives.

Peter, many thanks for helping me out! :)

You are very welcome Mosha! :tu:

•••
IntelBank.com said:
IB

But would it be problem when one account got banned and your family account got banned too because related account issue? Most of the family related account come from same IP addreas, especially brothers and sisters...

Banned here doesn't always mean there are click fraud occured. Sometimes if your TQ score is low, they can close your acount too. But it's not the banned issue I want to discuss, it's the related account issue...

•••
sugimail said:
But would it be problem when one account got banned and your family account got banned too because related account issue? Most of the family related account come from same IP addreas, especially brothers and sisters...

Banned here doesn't always mean there are click fraud occured. Sometimes if your TQ score is low, they can close your acount too. But it's not the banned issue I want to discuss, it's the related account issue...
That's something i don't even want to begin to answer. I think this is a definite matter for your account manager or Donny.

IB

•••
IntelBank.com said:
That's something i don't even want to begin to answer. I think this is a definite matter for your account manager or Donny.

IB

Agreed...Donny would DEFINITELY have the final word on this!
Where is the "Head Hancho" BTW??! ;)
This is the longest time I haven't heard from him yet!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back