Domain Empire

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PowerUp said:
I just login to my Dashboard and notice that today's stats is not marked with *. Does this mean that what I see now for today is already the final stats up till now? I see my stats still increasing as the time inch closer to time 00:00. But I'd like to know if what I see is real stats, or just estimates.

It cant be finalized yet! Has to still be estimates

•••
Yeah, it was an estimate. We are working on some new system for providing more detailed stats and we ran into a little bug. The stats are definitely not finalized yet.

Donny

•••
hi donny,

i have signed up using SDX as my referral and 'hweiyongschulte' as my username. COuld you kindly let me know if the approval has been issued yet? OR have i been rejected? I have heard nothing from Parked.com for 2 days.

looking forward to your help :D

•••
lordwithu said:
hi donny,

i have signed up using SDX
looking forward to your help :D

These are the matters usually best kept to PM's. Especially when you are posting your username...

Last edited:
•••
thank u for your advise. guess it will take a long time before i move out of being green in this arena.... :blink:

•••
lol you havent yet edited your post and ask Fragger to delete your user from his .... :blink:

•••
we gonna get any stat updates soon??

•••
•••
$4.21 clicks from yesterday - along with a whole lot of $2+ clicks the past couple of months - the only thing that would make that better Donny would be those new templates...

You have them, we want them - set them free!

•••
What Niche?

whitebark said:
$4.21 clicks from yesterday - along with a whole lot of $2+ clicks the past couple of months - the only thing that would make that better Donny would be those new templates...

Whitebark,

Congrats on those high-priced clicks!

If you don't mind my asking - what niche are they in?

•••
whitebark said:

Congratulations. Those type of clicks help alot. I suspect its CPA related....i get a few of those too, and thats the type-in quality!

•••
Yep; no complaints on Parked EPC of late here.

•••
Guys I am just thinking... if you have 100% searches but say 25% ctr...the potential is there to really improve things.

I think the next update is potentially massive.

The other day I was doing a domain related to recent mp3 downloads.

I went for the phrase:

"new mp3".

Now you and I know were looking for recent mp3 songs available, perhaps the charts.

I decided to check out the ads.

Warm... but not warm enough.

The ads all related to "mp3 players".

So I tried a new phrase "new mp3 downloads" - and this worked.

But is this the problem right across the board? There are so many factors involved...but if parked.com can make it so you can find out the domains that are getting the searches... then it could be - I dont want to be presumptious - great for everyone!

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
Whitebark,

Congrats on those high-priced clicks!

If you don't mind my asking - what niche are they in?

Everything from auto-parts to education to financial on .ca's with American/Canadian traffic.

•••
Geezopete, Whitebark, was your avatar run over by a truck???

•••
My CTR at parked has dropped on my adult domains from 20ish % to less than 3%. My revenue from adult sites is often less than one cent. This is pretty rediculious IMO, if anyone has a suggestion for a fix, or an alteranative to parked.com, could you please let me know? Thanks.

•••
netmeg said:
Geezopete, Whitebark, was your avatar run over by a truck???

That's me in a new zombie movie in the making! Normally I only look half as bad.

•••
KhakiJay - I checked our generic adult domains that we own and overall they are all averaging over 30% CTR. And they have for over 2 years now. About your RPC, have you looked to see where your traffic is coming from on those domains, you should probably look at the traffic analysis to see what you can find about that particular traffic.

domainer111 - The term "mp3" should never pull up anything to do with particular artists, our system just doesn't work that way. If it does, then I guess it's magic. :) Our system does learn based on what people are clicking on thought, so that could help. But as of right now we have no plays when somebody uses mp3 or music on as their keyword to put the "top 40" artists on the domain. And the reason is, you would make 100% less than you would without it. I just went and did a little checking, only 1 out of the top 10 people on the top 40 lists had a price higher than 10 cents. 8 out of the ten had less than 5 advertisers. MP3 on the other had had 75 advertisers and the prices were much higher.

So which is better?

Donny

•••
I don't have a lot of adult domains on parked, but here is my most consistent one... This is from the past 30 days...

1,102 697 $32.17 63.25% $0.05 $35.45

So, it's averaging about 63% CTR, and based off of over a thousand visitors it is much easier to gauge the real CTR. And yeah, adult domains are always going to have a low CPC... so I can deal with a nickel a click. ;)

•••
just a headsup, i can't access parked.com here

69.46.226.22 is from United States(US) in region North America

TraceRoute to 69.46.226.22 [parked.com]
Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name
1 7 5 9 72.249.0.65 -
2 130 10 6 206.123.64.22 -
3 152 208 21 216.52.189.9 border4.g3-2.colo4dallas-3.ext1.dal.pnap.net
4 12 13 16 216.52.191.85 border2.ge2-1-bbnet2.ext1a.dal.pnap.net
5 14 14 19 63.251.33.149 huntbros-1.border2.ext1a.dal.pnap.net
6 22 23 22 207.29.219.121 hb207-29-219-121.huntbrothers.com
7 20 19 19 69.46.226.22 www.parked.com

•••
weblord - I passed it along to our sysadmins. The traceroute looks pretty good. And I don't see any blips on our cacti graphs either. But I will let youknow what I hear.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
domainer111 - The term "mp3" should never pull up anything to do with particular artists, our system just doesn't work that way. If it does, then I guess it's magic. :) Our system does learn based on what people are clicking on thought, so that could help. But as of right now we have no plays when somebody uses mp3 or music on as their keyword to put the "top 40" artists on the domain. And the reason is, you would make 100% less than you would without it. I just went and did a little checking, only 1 out of the top 10 people on the top 40 lists had a price higher than 10 cents. 8 out of the ten had less than 5 advertisers. MP3 on the other had had 75 advertisers and the prices were much higher.

So which is better?

Donny

Okay I was trying to make the general point rather than a specific one.

What I am saying is - the main thing for us now is to get ads that really match the search term. Yes?

Phrase "new mp3" - gives ads about mp3 players (in the main).

Phrase "new mp3 downloads" - gives ads about mp3 downloads - which in this example, is the type of ads that are better for the domain.

But - if it was left at "new mp3" - you might get searches but less clicks.

But where you get a search, then a click is on the cards - you just need the right service/product to be provided.

So the new update... is going to let us see those domains with the searches but not the clicks...so we can tweak them...you with me?

•••
I think they said once that the reason we don't get more than 5 days worth of stats is that it's just too much data spread out over all the domains they park, so as much as I'd like to see stats for searches in addition to clicks, I dunno how realistic it is.

•••
Hey Guys i just switched to from go daddy cash parking to sedo and now parked.com
I have yet to see much results from parked since its to early. I noticed that people are searching on my parked page, but you don't get paid for that right? Is there a way with parked.com page to just have links that you get paid for clicking rather then a welcome page. My site is pepe.com i used to get 43-50 clicks from Go Daddy Cash Parking, I tried Sedo but got clicks but saw i was being paid nothing.

•••
kalparker said:
Hey Guys i just switched to from go daddy cash parking to sedo and now parked.com
I have yet to see much results from parked since its to early. I noticed that people are searching on my parked page, but you don't get paid for that right? Is there a way with parked.com page to just have links that you get paid for clicking rather then a welcome page. My site is pepe.com i used to get 43-50 clicks from Go Daddy Cash Parking, I tried Sedo but got clicks but saw i was being paid nothing.

I think it takes a few days to get your site monitized by the provider :hi:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back