Domain Empire

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DnPresident said:
At Parked: For me content on the page like in the footer seems to help sometimes and Filling out the title tag and the meta tag description and keywords are a must.

An example is PurchaseGoldBullion.com: on msn at the time of posting this it shows up for almost every keyword I've put in the keyword box like - Purchase Gold - purchase gold bullion - Gold bullion - and so on.

Hope this helps a little. It's really hit & miss

Thanks for the advice.

I have not filled any meta tags yet because I thought it would be best to let the system choose them dynamically from the keywords. I will try entering in my own - I'll be using google keyword tool for suggestions.

For the custom content I thought i might try adding more relevant images. Does anyone know anywhere I can find license free adult images? I have tried the stock photo sites as listed on the thread at NamePros but they don't have any adult ones. Maybe too much to ask.

Adam.

•••
Fragger said:
With any company OTHER than parked I might be worried. But trust me, it happens, and parked is generally the best in the business when it comes to updating and keeping accurate stats. If the stats haven't been updated yet, there is a reason for it. It's not as if they are doing it on purpose. Just accept that in this industry sometimes there are hiccups and delays. :tu:

I have been with parked 2+ years and it is never good when stats end up being delayed like this. I am not saying that it is parked.com fault could be ask or whoever slashing earnings etc but go look through posts here on this thread which I have done since I joined and it looks like everytime stats are delayed RPC goes down for those days by a larger percentage than normal

•••
buygooddomains said:
I have been with parked 2+ years and it is never good when stats end up being delayed like this. I am not saying that it is parked.com fault could be ask or whoever slashing earnings etc but go look through posts here on this thread which I have done since I joined and it looks like everytime stats are delayed RPC goes down for those days by a larger percentage than normal

Well, just like the stock market and everything else.........things go up and down. In the long run that shouldn't hurt much.

•••
Ask has been in the process of switching their backend to a new system. It's a pretty neat system, but something happened this weekend and their reporting system stopped working. We have the final numbers now, it just takes a few hours to finalize each day right now. The 22nd should be done in just a bit and then the 23rd will start processing.

Also whoever was having the "black" header issues, it's now resolved.

Donny

•••
buygooddomains said:

Well, actually........... my RPC went up 25% for the 22nd after the stats finally finalized. :bah:

•••
buygooddomains said:

yup.....my #'s for 22nd came in 34% less than delayed #'s.......ouch!

let's see what happens with the 23rd and 24th.....

•••
•••
down 38% for the 23rd...and down 40% for the 24th......wtf???....unreal!...:(

•••
up for 22nd
even for 23rd
up for 24th I am happy

•••
tonyfloyd said:
down 38% for the 23rd...and down 40% for the 24th......wtf???....unreal!...:(

That's a pretty big swing... did you have a low amount of clicks for those days? Generally less clicks will produce bigger swings. I stayed about even for the 23rd and 24th.

•••
I'm up for the 23rd, down 24th..... LOL.

Pretty normal for August to be low, low, low...... and then you add in the Olympics..... and you would expect a big hurting to be occurring on the earnings. So, really it's not that bad.... all things considered.

Did you guys see this? And, Donny any chance of you integrating this into the Parked.com system for more mutual income flow for Parked.com and for us domainers? I figured you might already know something about this in advance of the NY show :)

http://www.domainnamenews.com/new-c...ew-revenue-source-for-domain-name-owners/2156

•••
Donny,

I recently signed up for DNZoom as a way to keep track of all of my domains at the various registrars and parking companies. It seems like an interesting product, but I have not really been using it, because without integration with Parked, it loses a lot of its function for me. Are there plans for you guys to sync up with the dnzoom portfolio manager program? (I obviously don't have any affiliation with the dnzoom guys)

Thanks

•••
I got a hat trick; up for 22nd, 23rd and 24th. :bingo:

•••
Fragger said:
That's a pretty big swing... did you have a low amount of clicks for those days? Generally less clicks will produce bigger swings. I stayed about even for the 23rd and 24th.

no...i had plenty of clicks......no clue what happened....7 cent car insurance clicks???...u guys ever see that before?...:(

•••
tonyfloyd said:
no...i had plenty of clicks......no clue what happened....7 cent car insurance clicks???...u guys ever see that before?...:(

Hi Tony,

I guess the YPN RPC for car insurance clicks is quite lower than the google RPC. Personally I spread my domains at two different parking companies (parked.com (I love parked.com :) )and a google feeded parking service.) (I've seen differences of over 2 bucks in RPC between google feeded parking services and YPN feeded ones!) to see how they peform, you might try a google feeded parking company for this name.

Another option is that your traffic is not from the US so you'll get paid less for the clicks..

Good luck

•••
tonyfloyd said:
What country was that seven cent click from (if you can tell)? I usually find when I get really low click it is b/c it is from a third world country. It still happens though in the developed nations sometimes.

•••
tonyfloyd said:
....7 cent car insurance clicks???...u guys ever see that before?...:(
That's pretty low. I recently had a 10 cent fast loan click from the US. Quite demoralizing.

•••
luffo said:
.........(I've seen differences of over 2 bucks in RPC between google feeded parking services and YPN feeded ones!) to see how they peform, you might try a google feeded parking company for this name..........

Good luck
It is appearing to me that Google is getting worse and worse on RPC when using parking services.

•••
luffo said:
Hi Tony,

I guess the YPN RPC for car insurance clicks is quite lower than the google RPC. Personally I spread my domains at two different parking companies (parked.com (I love parked.com :) )and a google feeded parking service.) (I've seen differences of over 2 bucks in RPC between google feeded parking services and YPN feeded ones!) to see how they peform, you might try a google feeded parking company for this name.

Another option is that your traffic is not from the US so you'll get paid less for the clicks..

Good luck

might try spreading out to google feed as well as a test.....

Seabass said:
What country was that seven cent click from (if you can tell)? I usually find when I get really low click it is b/c it is from a third world country. It still happens though in the developed nations sometimes.

all traffic US.....so if US is considered third world....then we all are Fu#$#!

Seabass said:
It is appearing to me that Google is getting worse and worse on RPC when using parking services.

yeah....whats even weirder is....the day before...clicks came in at high single digits...and then the next day they drop to pennies???

cant figure this out...

•••
Seabass said:

Well for some names google feeded parking service has much higher rpc (a loan name i have is getting 2-3 bucks a click at google feeded parking and only 0.20 at ypn feeded one..) And ofcourse I have names that perform a lot better with YPN than google

•••
There's no set earnings per click in any niche. None of the PPC programs work that way. I do advertising in some very competitive niches, and sometimes I pay .05 for a click and other times I pay 2.00 for another click in the same campaign and ad group, because the conditions that existed for that first click are not necessarily the same that existed for the second. Way too many variables, and Google has just added another one when they announced last week that they were going to start calculating keyword QS 'on the fly'- and if they're doing it, Yahoo probably won't be far behind.

As I always say, clicks are like snowflakes, there's no two alike. In one finance type niche where I have 36 or so domains I get clicks every day anywhere from .08 to $5.00, sometimes on the same domain. It's normal.

•••
Here is one of my "loan domains" at Parked averaging $1.93 a click for past eight days.

2008-08-25 3 1 $710.00 33.33% $2.13 $2.13
2008-08-24 1 0 $0.00 0.00% $0.00 $0.00
2008-08-22 4 7 $3,450.00 175.00% $1.97 $13.80
2008-08-21 1 5 $9,999.99 500.00% $2.23 $11.14
2008-08-20 3 0 $0.00 0.00% $0.00 $0.00
2008-08-19 3 1 $1,246.67 33.33% $3.74 $3.74
2008-08-18 6 11 $3,138.33 183.33% $1.71 $18.83
2008-08-17 1 0 $0.00 0.00% $0.00 $0.00
2008-08-16 2 1 $275.00 50.00% $0.55 $0.55

TOTAL 24 26 $2,091.25 108.33% $1.93 $50.19

Last edited:
•••
ok...thanks netmeg.....just drives u crazy in trying to figure out WHY this happens....

•••
netmeg said:
............ and Google has just added another one when they announced last week that they were going to start calculating keyword QS 'on the fly'- and if they're doing it, Yahoo probably won't be far behind.........
netmeg, I had read that but I don't understand what they mean by "on the fly". Don't Google and Yahoo do that already with Smart Pricing and TQ score.

Do you know what they mean exactly by "on the fly"?

tonyfloyd said:
ok...thanks netmeg.....just drives u crazy in trying to figure out WHY this happens....
Sadly, back before Ask was booted from Google those kinds of clicks were a lot rarer.

I have some great domains that for whatever reason don't get good RPC like the one I listed with stats......I guess it is like netmeg says.

•••
Seabass said:
2008-08-21 1 5 $9,999.99 500.00% $2.23 $11.14
Gotta luv dem multi clicks ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back