Dynadot

Network solutions - always a nightmare - can we sue them?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kazzia

Established Member
Impact
Is anyone using them anymore? I have a small batch there still and their unethical practices are getting worse!!!! They HATE to lose names, but when they sell and the buyer wants the change (100% of the time) they kick and scream and thwart the process. Besides, wasting LOTS of everyone's time, I wonder if their practices are illegal.

The scam they do is this: You sell a domain, and unlock it and request the auth code by email, They don't respond, of course, so a couple days later you call and wait like 45 minutes to an hour. When you get this first code, it is ALWAYS incorrect. You call back and you wait 45 minutes. Then they email you the same wrong code. Then you call back and wait 45 minutes, and rinse and repeat. Then you escalate it and threaten them. Then they send you a correct code which works BUT they put a registrar lock on it. Then you call back and wait 45 minutes and threaten harder. After a week (at least) it gets done.

This is ALWAYS the same pattern, and surely intentional in order to keep you from moving away. I have, twice, had the buyer open a netsol account somewhere during this process to avoid the tremendous hassle. But I can not in good conscious give them any more business.

I have almost lost sales due to this disgusting practice. Can they be sued? Or at least reported?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back