Domain Empire

Microsoft's iPod Killer is Officially Named ZUNE!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Microsoft Argo's Final Name: The Zune?
Our inboxes are on fire with brand new information about the new Microsoft MP3 player. We thought the player was code-named "Argo", but we now got word that the final product name that's been flying around is the "Zune"!

The pic on the right seems to be the final design, which makes the player very cleanβ€”a definite departure from Microsoft's other endeavors. You all remember the video Microsoft's own people made to illustrate their packaging shortcomings? Well, it seems like they haven't learned much, as our tipster tells us the packaging itself is pretty ugly.

More info after the jump!

Our mole also says there's no game menu to be seen on the device, putting those rumors of portable gaming from Xbox branding in possible jeopardy. More game options possibly coming in the 2nd iteration.

There's also mention of a black version of the Zune, being shown on a music video for the band CSS, and the brown version on the cover for "Band of Horses". You can display Album covers for the song you're listening to on the screen, which is "big enough" and looks "pretty good". Paul Oakenfold also has a tie-in deal.

From the looks of things, the Zune will definitely be ready for a Xmas release.

We'll have more information plus possibly the logo and/or UI Shots tomorrow. Stay tuned! – Jason Chen

Thanks Tipster!
Source: Gizmodo

Get your ZUNE domain names now. They're going fast!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just registered zunewifi.com and zunewholesale.com, I almost got zuneboard.com.

•••
verbster said:
zunelive.com is registered to some guy named Jack....it's under the msft.net DNS, but uses internationaladmin as the admin (don't go to internationaladmin.com unless you want pop-ups like crazy). Created around 2-3 weeks ago (May 24) and registered for two years.
Yeah, that’s what is on every Microsoft whois when they don’t want to let the cat out of the bag too early but of course you noticed the nameservers.

-Kimmy

Last edited:
•••
good to see everyone is stocking up. i should have regged more earlier as names such as zunegaming.com and zuneforum.com were available but i just got the one. But the urge to get more is unbearable :)

•••
kevmacmeh said:
good to see everyone is stocking up. i should have regged more earlier as names such as zunegaming.com and zuneforum.com were available but i just got the one. But the urge to get more is unbearable :)
I know what you mean. However, everytime I do this I get in trouble. It's like shopping to me, there are not rules that say you can only buy one. :$:

-Kimmy

•••
i bought only 2 but i wanted to buy more and more.but i dont do it.

for instance i will give one away.

zunecity.com is available, i will have it but i do not do it.

•••
kevmacmeh said:
I registered zunegaming.com... was actually a bit skeptical about this one...

What else did you all register?

•••
Just saw this thread, but I just registered ZuneGamers.com.

•••
I had to stop early this morning.

Egnited said:
Just saw this thread, but I just registered ZuneGamers.com.

I wondered when someone would get that. Nice catch!

-Kimmy

Last edited:
•••
slaughterbeck said:
I wondered when someone would get that. Nice catch!

-Kimmy
Hehe. Thanks for the information, I sent you a NP$ donation for the information :xf.love:

•••
slaughterbeck said:
Yeah, that’s what is on every Microsoft whois when they don’t want to let the cat out of the bag too early but of course you noticed the nameservers.
-Kimmy
I should use my msft.us for nameservers :)

•••
Snapped up a good one :D

"MyZune.com"

Thanks a lot Kim!

•••
bZ said:
Snapped up a good one :D

"MyZune.com"

Thanks a lot Kim!

Welcome to the community! :tu:

-Kimmy

•••
Hehe thank you! Seems very nice, A lot of forums i go on are filled with..

Steve Hartley told me about it... I bought the domain and then he said he was joking lol

•••
Thanks =)

I got shopzune.com.

Opinions?

•••
Yeh not too bad, Could obviously be a shop were you can buy Zunes :D

•••
•••
Got 13 zune domains. For ex: Zuneplayers.com.
thanks!
Jens

•••
•••
Got 13 zune names :). Gatta get more! :)

•••
•••
pmnd1966 said:
i will give one away.

zunecity.com is available, i will have it but i do not do it.

taken by an norwegian person//company

•••
I found 2 nice ones, but it took some digging. Amazing how many "zune" word combinations have been taken. Almost every name I checked = gone.

•••
I regged zune-forum dot com :hehe:

Thanks Kimmy! (Rep added & NP$ sent)

•••
MicroZune.com

Last edited:
•••
VV said:
I found 2 nice ones, but it took some digging. Amazing how many "zune" word combinations have been taken. Almost every name I checked = gone.
In this game you better be fast. Unfortunately for me (and I must admit I had a feeling this might be the name becuase I had done some research for the past few weeks), the mass announcement came as a bit of a shock. I guess those Redmond folks simply decided it was time to pull the lid off this puppy completely, but I thought they might wait a few more weeks.

As far as the name goes, some may suggest that it’s daft but it truly comes down to product. Offer a product and or service that performs better than your competition and I don’t care if you name it something stupid like, well, Google.

You might also look at the naming for the 360. At the time it seemed odd but they knew exactly what they were doing, just like Nintendo did with the Wii.

Best wishes,
Kimmy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back