NameSilo

Microsoft's iPod Killer is Officially Named ZUNE!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Microsoft Argo's Final Name: The Zune?
Our inboxes are on fire with brand new information about the new Microsoft MP3 player. We thought the player was code-named "Argo", but we now got word that the final product name that's been flying around is the "Zune"!

The pic on the right seems to be the final design, which makes the player very clean—a definite departure from Microsoft's other endeavors. You all remember the video Microsoft's own people made to illustrate their packaging shortcomings? Well, it seems like they haven't learned much, as our tipster tells us the packaging itself is pretty ugly.

More info after the jump!

Our mole also says there's no game menu to be seen on the device, putting those rumors of portable gaming from Xbox branding in possible jeopardy. More game options possibly coming in the 2nd iteration.

There's also mention of a black version of the Zune, being shown on a music video for the band CSS, and the brown version on the cover for "Band of Horses". You can display Album covers for the song you're listening to on the screen, which is "big enough" and looks "pretty good". Paul Oakenfold also has a tie-in deal.

From the looks of things, the Zune will definitely be ready for a Xmas release.

We'll have more information plus possibly the logo and/or UI Shots tomorrow. Stay tuned! – Jason Chen

Thanks Tipster!
Source: Gizmodo

Get your ZUNE domain names now. They're going fast!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hark,
I added ZuneIM.com and placed your code on my site.

Last edited:
•••
hark said:
www.TopZuneSites.com is now live.

50 NP$ to each of the first 5 NP'rs who sign up as soon as you are approved. Approval given after checking the site for content and link back. PM to let me know so I can check.
I am getting submissions for non zune, multimedia etc. which I may not approve right now (thinking about it). I prefer zune site submissions so the 50 NP$ offer is modified to:

50 NP$ to each of the first 5 NP'rs who sign up with zune or related mp3/multimedia sites as soon as you are approved.

•••
hark said:
I am getting submissions for non zune, multimedia etc. which I may not approve right now (thinking about it). I prefer zune site submissions so the 50 NP$ offer is modified to:

50 NP$ to each of the first 5 NP'rs who sign up with zune or related mp3/multimedia sites as soon as you are approved.

No probs buddy.

My site is media related and not zune related but the way I promo it you will get a lot more visits than you will from a lot of "dedicated" zune sites (unless all them zune related parked pages start throwing traffic at you. :lol: )

Let me know, if you don't want my site listed I'll understand. :)
It has one of the finest small selection of mp3s found anywhere in the world.

•••
AGS said:
No probs buddy.

My site is media related and not zune related but the way I promo it you will get a lot more visits than you will from a lot of "dedicated" zune sites (unless all them zune related parked pages start throwing traffic at you. :lol: )

Let me know, if you don't want my site listed I'll understand. :)
It has one of the finest small selection of mp3s found anywhere in the world.
Yours is ok. Got a couple completely off. Let me know when you are ready. I took the header background image off your site & cut a bit out of the center if You would like I will use it for your banner unless you got something better.

•••
hark said:

just signed up zuneowners.com let me know thanks

•••
SteveAR said:
just signed up zuneowners.com let me know thanks
Done & NP$ sent, thanks

•••
hark said:
Done & NP$ sent, thanks

hmm i think you sent em to someone else i dont have anything new.

•••
I have to say, despite the euphoria, that im still a cynic with the name zune.. Not officially released by microsoft yet as "the name", the .com of the same name is owned by a company from Spain with a reg address in London... Time will tell, im not a fan of these TM violating domains anyway...

ZuneCheat.com is available btw

•••
•••
Badger said:
I have to say, despite the euphoria, that im still a cynic with the name zune.. Not officially released by microsoft yet as "the name", the .com of the same name is owned by a company from Spain with a reg address in London... Time will tell, im not a fan of these TM violating domains anyway...

I agree with this thats why i only registered one name not like the vista names i reg'd

i secured

zuneretailers.com

•••
One name works for me too. Who knows what's gonna happen since there are no real absolutes.

•••
•••
SteveAR said:
hmm i think you sent em to someone else i dont have anything new.
Forgot to confirm and then satellite link went down -- done now.

•••
Just got ZuneHub.com . What ya think?

•••
Just searched Google, and THREE Zune related adwords show up.

zuneinfo.com
zunezone.com (which I think someone here regged?)
zunenation.com (which doesn't load).

I just saw this, so I'll say good luck to everyone and wave bye bye =0)

•••
Have paid the NP$ to 4 signups to TopZuneSites and waiting on the other to get his entry page finished -- Thanks.

The deal continues with 25 NP$ to each of the next 5 signups -- same conditions apply.

•••
When iss this Zune thing being released?

•••
Not soon enough...but I think officially its: TBA 2006
Also there are rumours flying that their will be a Zune Super Bowl XLI commercial spot...:)

•••
www.zunelist.com for me :)

hark said:
Have paid the NP$ to 4 signups to TopZuneSites and waiting on the other to get his entry page finished -- Thanks.

The deal continues with 25 NP$ to each of the next 5 signups -- same conditions apply.

Done :) with www.ZuneList.com

If you add your site to mine, don't worry about paying.

Last edited:
•••
antman.ws said:
zunelist.com for me :)

Done :) with ZuneList.com

Ok if I add ZuneBuzz.com?

•••
hark said:
antman.ws said:
zunelist.com for me :)

Done :) with ZuneList.com

Ok if I add ZuneBuzz.com?

Yep :)

•••
Man everything is all zuned out real bad :)

•••
Nice!! Results 1 - 10 of about 3,520,000 for zune and growing :)

•••
Zunetrade.com
Zunestocks.com

My 2 risky purchases.

•••
zuneanywhere.com is available...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back