Domain Empire

question .LS & .SD Domain Questions...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domains12345

Restricted (Market)
Impact
I really need some help...

I have acquired two single character domains, from both of these extensions for personal use, just for fun. (.LS / .SD)

While waiting for the delivery of said domains, I realised that Marcaria only allows 3 character plus registrations, GoDaddy does not support them, so where could be best to store them?

Also, being short, I am wondering about the renewal price, how could I find this out. I know the standard prices but hopefully it is not premium. I have seen domains that are not classified as "premium" turn to "premium". Could that happen with these extensions?

Any comments are appreciated, thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You will 'store' them wherever you applied the registration at. That's also where you will ask for the current renewal price.

Also,
those extensions are expensive, not sure what kind of fun you will have paying $xxx/year. Are you sure you don't plan to resell them?

I'm only asking because you need to be very careful with such obscure extensions. If I recall correctly .sd is for Sudan... If you plan to sell then you have to consider how it will look to your client when the extension will face sudden downtimes or other issues. Not even sure who manages that extension.

•••
Upvote 0
GoDaddy supports few ccTLDs

.LS Lesotho - my[.]zeecom[.]co[.]ls/cart.php?a=add&domain=register
.SD - sudan - domains[.]sd/en/our-registrar
Try asking the price first

You can try Netim, inwx ...

•••
Upvote 0
You will 'store' them wherever you applied the registration at. That's also where you will ask for the current renewal price.

Also,
those extensions are expensive, not sure what kind of fun you will have paying $xxx/year. Are you sure you don't plan to resell them?

I'm only asking because you need to be very careful with such obscure extensions. If I recall correctly .sd is for Sudan... If you plan to sell then you have to consider how it will look to your client when the extension will face sudden downtimes or other issues. Not even sure who manages that extension.
The thing is, to be safe, I purchased through a secure lease to own middleman, so until I have transferred it from them into my ownership (the registrar I choose) I will not know. Even if i purchased it straight up, It would still be transferred to them, and then I would transfer it to wherever I choose to store it. Prices I think are £200, and £80. I would probably resell one.

•••
Upvote 0
GoDaddy supports few ccTLDs

.LS Lesotho - my[.]zeecom[.]co[.]ls/cart.php?a=add&domain=register
.SD - sudan - domains[.]sd/en/our-registrar
Try asking the price first

You can try Netim, inwx ...
There was no option to reach the seller.

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
If you buy a ccTLD, it's best to contact the local registrar, it will be cheaper.

•••
Upvote 0
@domains12345 ,
I understand. Then what @lamtran suggested in the post above are sound choices.

Ok, thanks. Do you have anymore useful information on here domains. It was only when I research .SS and .AF that i realised there could be problems with domains in the future. Last thing I would want is to lose it in the future or have to unexpectedly pay 4 or 5 figures renewals...

•••
Upvote 0
If you buy a ccTLD, it's best to contact the local registrar, it will be cheaper.
What do you mean? These were purchased from a seller.

•••
Upvote 0
@domains12345,
that's the problem when dealing with domains in exotic extensions I'm afraid.

While you can always contact the registry (just in case you can get a better deal like lamtran mentioned) , I'm not sure you will find proper support in eg. Sudan so it might be better to contact a reseller like eg. Netim so they can arrange all the necessary paperwork, contact the registry, etc.

•••
Upvote 0
If you have the finances, buy a 1-letter domain name:
*.td 1000 USD $
*.bi: auction from 10000 USD $

•••
Upvote 0
@domains12345,
that's the problem when dealing with domains in exotic extensions I'm afraid.

While you can always contact the registry (just in case you can get a better deal like lamtran mentioned) , I'm not sure you will find proper support in eg. Sudan so it might be better to contact a reseller like eg. Netim so they can arrange all the necessary paperwork, contact the registry, etc.
Why do they need to do paperwork and contact the registry? Do you mean for if and when I transfer to them?

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
@domains12345,
as I said, with some registries you might have trouble finding the answers you are looking for and, as you correctly observed with the renewals, you might end up paying more without anyone warning you of the fact. A registrar (like GoDaddy, Netim, INWX) can handle all those potential pitfalls, that's all.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
@domains12345,
as I said, with some registries you might have trouble finding the answers you are looking for and, as you correctly observed with the renewals, you might end up paying more without anyone warning you of the fact. A registrar (like GoDaddy, Netim, INWX) can handle all those potential pitfalls, that's all.
Right okay. But they would not be able to change anything though? They'd just allow me to park the domain and renew at X price.

•••
Upvote 0
Right okay. But they would not be able to change anything though? They'd just allow me to park the domain and renew at X price.
You just need to create an account and ask them. They will respond quickly.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back