Dynadot

LLLLL.com (5 Letter) Sales and discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GlobalDomainer

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just regged TYDON.com

Any thoughts on this one???

•••
looks like a very nice brandable domain to me. It is also a common family name and a company in Michigan.

•••
•••
What does anyone think of the following Pronounceable VCVCV.

ONITE.com

•••
favvv.com
$71
2008-06-05
namejet.com

cogna.com

$555
2008-06-05
namejet.com

bikee.com
$780
2008-06-05
namejet.com

•••
bmugford said:
ONITE.com

I think I saw that when it was available to reg, but for some reason skipped it. I still think theres something about it though. Some I really like. Can't remember why I didn't reg it.

Anyway, its really nice, good catch.

•••
bmugford said:

ONITE.com
nice "ypo" of "tonite" btw :)

(er ... "typo")

:lol:

very nice without that angle as well ...

hmmm ... subdomain hack -> menn.onite

also teh google returns some geo(?) ... or geological name at least -> http://www2.ftw.nrcs.usda.gov/osd/dat/O/ONITE.html
The Onite series consists of very deep, well drained soils that formed in old alluvium derived mainly from acid igneous rocks.

•••
Hi all,

I just regged:

Slaxa.com

Any thoughts about this one? :)

Thanks,
- Bones

•••
Hi,

what do you think about LISPe.com ?

•••
edeus.com
$341
2008-06-06
namejet.com

iskis.com

$1,800
2008-06-05
afternic.com

•••
•••
Picked up TOPOB,com from a recent drop: "Top Obstetrician" or "TOPO B" (T for topological) ... :p

•••
•••
Regged Trepy.com kind of funny name :)

•••
myman.com
$4,860
2008-06-07
namejet.com

tenco.eu
$867
2008-06-07
sedo.com

•••
tmabh.com
$700
2008-06-08
tdnam.com

•••
skylineleong said:
tocom.com
$810
2008-06-02
namejet.com

TOCOM = Tokyo Commodity Exchange

it's steal..

•••
sxtgr.com
$60
2008-06-08
sedo.com

•••
kurvs.com
$548
2008-06-09
afternic.com

•••
TDNAM expired Auction:
06/09/2008
roxel.com $1,305

excluding reg fee.

•••
swooo.com
$776
2008-06-10
sedo.com

v-c-g.com
$70
2008-06-10
namejet.com

•••
insky.com i in sky :hehe:
$520
2008-06-11
tdnam.com

•••
I picked up psalo.com which is the Greec word for psalm if I am informed correctly.

•••
hotel.us.com
$1,304
2008-06-11
sedo.com

chugo.com

$150
2008-06-11
sedo.com

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back