IT.COM

LLLLL.com (5 Letter) Sales and discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GlobalDomainer

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Abusu.com......
An italian word--- it means abuse

What do you think??

•••
I think when you are looking at a question like this you have to take each 5l.com on there own merit, ie. spelling, look, pronouncability, brandability and to some degree how you and others feel when you see it for the first time.

I dont thing when your looking at these types of domain (5l.com, and there are a lot of them) 1 or 2 syllables really matter over the points raised above.

just to compare i have about 10 5l.com and only one of them is 1 syllable (heurs) and the rest are 2 syllables (vorra,yazza,nolla,exize,teero, etc) so maybe 1 syllable are rarer, but I would not invest in the soley for that reason.

B-)

gilescoley said:
would you say a 1 syllable word is generally better than a 2 syllable word

thats presuming they both brandable

•••
zuve said:
Just sold just-reged Clymo.com for $500 through private sale.
Not bad, huh?

AussieDomainer said:
Congratulations! Awesome sale! The most I've sold a random 5L.com for is $500 but had to wait a few months from registration and sold through Afternic so lost $60 in commission.

gilescoley said:
great sale congrats

OneTime said:
Great sale! Congrats Zuve. Its not one that I'd consider to have value from first impression but obviously it does to someone. Must be more to it than meets the eye.

Well done.

gladdy said:
Congrats! nice sale.

Thanks, guys! It was my highest income from LLLLL.com. I have sold many such domains, but only gave me 20-30 bucks. The Clymo.com sale proves that good LLLLL.com could be more profitable than bad LLLL.com...

•••
Please evaluate:

Bafoo.com
Roonz.com

Thanks!

•••
barri.com
$1,020
2008-05-27
namejet.com

boycc.com

$74
2008-05-27
namejet.com

•••
thanks nutzdaddy

I think when you are looking at a question like this you have to take each 5l.com on there own merit, ie. spelling, look, pronouncability, brandability and to some degree how you and others feel when you see it for the first time.

I dont thing when your looking at these types of domain (5l.com, and there are a lot of them) 1 or 2 syllables really matter over the points raised above.

just to compare i have about 10 5l.com and only one of them is 1 syllable (heurs) and the rest are 2 syllables (vorra,yazza,nolla,exize,teero, etc) so maybe 1 syllable are rarer, but I would not invest in the soley for that reason.

Thats what I thought, just wanted to hear it from someone else

thanks again

•••
SearchingTV said:
Please evaluate:

Bafoo.com
Roonz.com

Thanks!
Bafoo.com is nice, 5 letter names that end in 'oo' are always popular

•••
Does anyone like SLIRD.com (slurred)

comments please

•••
Any thoughts on this one that I just picked up..... ByeMy.com

•••
any thought on this

Thanks in advance

pixms.com (sharing pics )i felt this word is very catch sumtin like sms
twano.com (branding any electronic products)
tabno.com
bullm.com (bull market)( for stock exchange)
lfill.com
plmax.com

•••
tvtic.com
$155
2008-05-28
sedo.com

breed.co.uk

$15,843
2008-05-29
private sale

jerks.info
$200
2008-05-28
sedo.com

•••
hbjob.com 500,00 USD 30.05.2008 sedo.de
whjob.com 500,00 USD 30.05.2008 sedo.de
emale.com 13.111,00 USD 29.05.2008 sedo.de

some numbers:

61111.com

$112
2008-05-28
namejet.com

9-8-7.com

$69
2008-05-25
namejet.com

17600.com
$119
2008-05-24
namejet.com

59100.com
$99
2008-05-22
namejet.com

•••
Last edited:
•••
Some impressive sales again - just a very rough count shows that Sedo Namejet and Snapnames seem to be the most popular places - very few from AFternic

Raredn - just seen your reply to my comment - my 5Ls are in my sig now - I did try to sell Maveq a few months back on Ebay but got no takers

•••
Hi everybody,

what do you think of this one?

maiid.com

Pronouncable and maybe works as a little Typo for maid... ;)

Bye,

René

•••
usnag.com
$158
2008-05-28
sedo.com

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
thanks skylineleong

NVM, sometime i also got error sales report.
Thanks for posting LLLL.com here Rep

Afternic
---------
gicar.com $4,588
ossos.com $3,888
beemd.com $3,288
podFM.com $3,200
molas.com $3,000
dikte.com $3,000
amsac.com $2,500
ipoly.com $2,688
inzar.com $2,688

those are nice sales

If PodFM can go for that, I have high hopes for my GapFM.com

Nice names for a radion station

•••
FYI: just sold one of my first regged LLLLL.coms penep.com for $ 450,-

•••
meek said:
congratulations Meek

•••
thanks!

phici.com is still available. Nice brandable name.

•••
•••
nice sale Meek

Where did you sell it by the way

Thanks in advance

pixms.com (sharing pics )i felt this word is very catch sumtin like sms
twano.com (branding any electronic products)
tabno.com
bullm.com (bull market)( for stock exchange)
lfill.com
plmax.com

I see Tabno has 225K results in Google too...nice reg

•••
Sedo frontpage today:

emade.com $3.100

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back