Dynadot

Is Dynadot.com Down For You Too?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Expron

Senior MemberVIP Member
Impact
Hmm,

I've been trying to login to Dynadot.com all night & they seem down. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

I'm out in Chicago, IL USA so - maybe it's a regional thing?

It seems like their API is down as well.

I know they're a smaller company.. Hopefully they get up & going again soon!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not back yet.
It is more than 15 hours already....

•••
At least there is now a message "Experiencing technical difficulties". It will soon be 24 hours since it is down.
I like Dynadot. But there is a real problem with them when something happens during week-ends. They just have no technical staff at hand out of office hours, insofar I understand - and very limited support.
I do entirely support the right of people to take week-ends off, but when operating something which should work online 24 hours a day, there is obviously a problem - or they should stop selling/auctioning names during week-ends, etc., and clearly tell people: "If there is a problem, wait until Monday."

•••

Yikes!

Still down.

I still have two "pending" .tels with them.

Makes you wonder.

Do you think they're preparing for the live .tel event?

I have heard nothing but good things about Dynadot, but maybe they're in over their heads?

Perhaps a representative could come on this thread and reassure us?

•••
Sucks to cause I'm tasting a few names, guess I will be stuck holding onto some of them, couldnt even login to delete them for credit.

Must have caught a few tasters in this downtime...

•••
Tippy said:
Sucks to cause I'm tasting a few names, guess I will be stuck holding onto some of them, couldnt even login to delete them for credit.

Must have caught a few tasters in this downtime...

Same. Assuming they're back up in less than 24 hours I should be okay, but seriously, this looks unprofessional. What do I tell my new clients when they can't even access the registrar for an entire 24-hr cycle? Not to mention the drops I missed yesterday and possibly today if they don't get it together soon.

I was enjoying using Dynadot, but this is making me angry fast.

ripley.

•••
I've never seen them down this long. I know sometimes late at night they are down for 20-30 minutes for maintenance purposes, but that's the only downtime I've ever seen from them. I doubt it's their own fault, must be a DDOS attack, which I'm reading about now, since I had no clue before what it was. I'm just wondering why anyone would target Dynadot, and do a DDOS attack? A competing registrar perhaps?

Last edited:
•••
Down here as well. This is the first time I've seen them being out for hours. I hope it's nothing serious.

•••
Well, in their part of the world, it will soon be Monday morning, so technical experts will probably come to work and it should hopefully be solved in a few hours.

But it will have been down for more than 24 hours...

I have moved probably hundred domain names to Dynadot since the beginning of the year, but I start wondering if it was the right decision. The rare times I needed e-mail support, it appeared not to be working over week-ends (a glitch in their auction system on a Saturday, which prevented me from buying a name I was bidding on...). And now that... I hope that they will at least provide an explanation.

•••
This outage has lasted for 24 hours without any real news from DynaDot. It seems they could at a minimum periodically update the existing website notice with status updates. :ghost:

According to a recorded telephone greeting @ 1-650-585-1961, a live person won't become available until 9:00 PST which is 12:00 EST (:talk:).

Hopefully, they will provide some details at that time.

Last edited:
•••
This is really bad for me. I had been tasting about 150 domain names all of which had their grace periods expire this morning. I tried to grace delete them with about 26 hours remaining, but the site has been down since. Am I going to be stuck with the $1500.00 registration for these domains? Will Dynadot refund me even though the grace period expired? This is so unprofessional. Their support email still hasn't contacted me back and it's impossible to get them on the phone on the weekends. I know Internic has the 5 day grace period rules, and I always grace delete my names with 25-26 hours remaining to be safe. This is crazy if I'm going to be stuck with 150+ domain names because Dynadot can't keep their site up and running. Will Internic make an exception for Dynadot because of this downtime?

This is terrible :(

•••
john645 said:
Their support email still hasn't contacted me back and it's impossible to get them on the phone on the weekends.
Their support over weekends being minimal to nonexistent, I have never managed to get a reply via e-mail during week-ends. You will certainly get a reply, but only by Monday working hours their time...
It is a pity: Dynadot has one of the best interfaces on the market, refreshingly uncluttered, very pleasant to use - their problem is the support.

•••
•••
Tribulatio said:
Dynadot has one of the best interfaces on the market, refreshingly uncluttered, very pleasant to use - their problem is the support.
Agree 100%, I love their interface, pricing, everything.

However if they don't tell us what happened, and assure that they're not going to let it happen again, I will have to move my domains.

•••
nts said:
If they don't tell us what happened, and assure that they're not going to let it happen again, I will have to move my domains.
Sadly, I will have to consider doing the same - unless there is a satisfactory explanation provided.

•••
They are one of the best for domain registration in current market. Let's hope everything will normalize within few hours more..!

•••
Hope everything sorts out well, cause 90% of my domains are with Dynadot becouse I love simplicity of their interface.

•••
john645 said:
This is really bad for me. I had been tasting about 150 domain names all of which had their grace periods expire this morning. I tried to grace delete them with about 26 hours remaining, but the site has been down since. Am I going to be stuck with the $1500.00 registration for these domains? Will Dynadot refund me even though the grace period expired? This is so unprofessional. Their support email still hasn't contacted me back and it's impossible to get them on the phone on the weekends. I know Internic has the 5 day grace period rules, and I always grace delete my names with 25-26 hours remaining to be safe. This is crazy if I'm going to be stuck with 150+ domain names because Dynadot can't keep their site up and running. Will Internic make an exception for Dynadot because of this downtime?

This is terrible :(

Their API is working for me. I can register & delete domains.

If you desperately need to delete domains from your account today & have API access, you can do the following:

From a computer on the IP address specified in your Dynadot settings - open up a browser & type this in:

Code:
https://api.dynadot.com/api.html?version=1.0&key=YOURAPIKEY&command=delete&domain=DOMAIN.COM

Example to delete expron.com:

https://api.dynadot.com/api.html?version=1.0&key=A7H5BR9YV3A4B93NTU&command=delete&domain=expron.com

Where: "A7H5BR9YV3A4B93NTU" is my API key & "expron.com" is the domain I would be deleting.

This should delete the domain from your account & issue a refund to your account (if 5 days haven't passed yet) - minus the $0.20 tasting fee.

Hope that helps.

•••
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but when I was able to access their site early yesterday morning for short periods of time I noticed something new as far as the sign in goes. There was a 4 digit verification code thingy you had to enter, captcha.

On some browsers it showed on others it seemed to hang. I know this captcha thingy wasnt there on Saturday so that led me to believe/think someone was there/doing something on their end.

Anyone else see the Captcha thingy?

Mike

•••
Expron said:

If you desperately need to delete domains from your account today & have API access, you can do the following:

From a computer on the IP address specified in your Dynadot settings - open up a browser & type this in:

Code:
https://api.dynadot.com/api.html?version=1.0&key=YOURAPIKEY&command=delete&domain=DOMAIN.COM

Example to delete expron.com:

https://api.dynadot.com/api.html?version=1.0&key=A7H5BR9YV3A4B93NTU&command=delete&domain=expron.com

Where: "A7H5BR9YV3A4B93NTU" is my API key & "expron.com" is the domain I would be deleting.

This should delete the domain from your account & issue a refund to your account (if 5 days haven't passed yet) - minus the $0.20 tasting fee.

Hope that helps.
Great tip. Rep added. Too bad that I have a dynamic IP and didn't make a note of my API key. Hopefully the site will be up and running soon.

•••
Expron said:

From a computer on the IP address specified in your Dynadot settings - open up a browser & type this in: [...snip]

Just tried it. An excellent tip, but unfortunately what it's giving me is this:

... which is not really what I want to see. 8-X

Hopefully that means they've taken their systems offline and will be back to normal soon.

ripley.

•••
The support phone lines should now be open. Stay tuned for breaking news.

•••
Dynadot make me lost $$$ again.

This is not the first time I unable to delete unwanted domains because of downtime

•••
OUT!!!!! Has been for two days now!

The land of the Maple Leaf ... BTW "Leafs suck"

•••
Yeah still down - I have about 30 domains I need to delete in an hour, if they are not back up they better let me delete them later

•••
Down here.

I feel for the people who can not delete their names over there. I really like dynadot, but in these extreme cases, they should have done everything to have at least minimal customer support.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back