IT.COM

Is Dynadot.com Down For You Too?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Expron

Senior MemberVIP Member
Impact
Hmm,

I've been trying to login to Dynadot.com all night & they seem down. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

I'm out in Chicago, IL USA so - maybe it's a regional thing?

It seems like their API is down as well.

I know they're a smaller company.. Hopefully they get up & going again soon!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
john645 said:
This is really bad for me. I had been tasting about 150 domain names all of which had their grace periods expire this morning. I tried to grace delete them with about 26 hours remaining, but the site has been down since. Am I going to be stuck with the $1500.00 registration for these domains? Will Dynadot refund me even though the grace period expired? This is so unprofessional. Their support email still hasn't contacted me back and it's impossible to get them on the phone on the weekends. I know Internic has the 5 day grace period rules, and I always grace delete my names with 25-26 hours remaining to be safe. This is crazy if I'm going to be stuck with 150+ domain names because Dynadot can't keep their site up and running. Will Internic make an exception for Dynadot because of this downtime?

This is terrible :(

Their API is working for me. I can register & delete domains.

If you desperately need to delete domains from your account today & have API access, you can do the following:

From a computer on the IP address specified in your Dynadot settings - open up a browser & type this in:

Code:
https://api.dynadot.com/api.html?version=1.0&key=YOURAPIKEY&command=delete&domain=DOMAIN.COM

Example to delete expron.com:

https://api.dynadot.com/api.html?version=1.0&key=A7H5BR9YV3A4B93NTU&command=delete&domain=expron.com

Where: "A7H5BR9YV3A4B93NTU" is my API key & "expron.com" is the domain I would be deleting.

This should delete the domain from your account & issue a refund to your account (if 5 days haven't passed yet) - minus the $0.20 tasting fee.

Hope that helps.

•••
chader144 said:
Where do you find the auth code for your domain?

You have to unlock the domain. Once you unlock it, an auth code will appear next to the unlocking option.

ripley.

•••
Expron said:
I'm out in Chicago, IL USA so - maybe it's a regional thing?
Down here too. It's not a regional thing.

•••
Down here also
(BC Canada)

•••
Down here also ;)

Code:
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/Dynadot.com

•••
lighting_blue said:
Down here also ;)

Code:
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/Dynadot.com

Ditto.

All those .tel registrations must have crashed the system.

:hehe:

•••
•••
Dy-no-mite! It's baaaack!

•••
And not mention what happen ?

•••
Down again? March 1, 2009

•••
Yes, it has been down for hours here! Very strange.

•••
Down over here too, since morning.

•••
It's not been working properly for at least 8 hours now. Searches were working earlier, but I could not log in to my account. Now it's totally down.

•••
Down in Japan, too. Not good.

•••
It is possible that I broke it early this morning.
I'm very sorry if I did.
I certainly did not intend to break it.
I just wanted to get VID .TEL, not break Dynadot! :o :laugh: :notme:

•••
•••
Yup. Down for hours. API isn't working either. :/

ripley.

•••
Yep, down here. Was hoping to do some research on em, but I guess not.

•••
Down here. First downtime I've experienced downtime with them, after starting to move my portfolio to them no less.

•••
Down for me also. In fact it was down for me when I checked this afternoon at 3pm too. 5+ hours it's been down.

I think they might be updating their system. I read a forum message about how they were going to implement a cash out system, for marketplace items that have sold, and for parking revenue last night? But I'm not sure if that's the reason why they were down..as it was a response from January that said it would be implemented soon. Maybe that's why their down now..

Last edited:
•••
I wouldn't be surprised if it they're under a DDoS or something. A site upgrade couldn't cause this kind of extended downtime (I would hope it couldn't, anyway).

•••
Yep, she's down in snowy Greenwood, SC. Yes it's snowing!

•••
•••
Here what on their site now
looks like ddosed.

Technical Difficulties
We are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back