Domain Empire

I have been hacked !!! Please help !!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've just been contacted by the person who hacked my gmail. He was asking money to give me back. He changed passwords on some of my accounts and I could only retreive account at godaddy by phone. There is still more than 100 names that he can control now.
Can anybody tell me any phone number of google , I have google ads account also and money on it but I just can't find any phone for contact.

Please help me :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm very sorry to hear that :(

Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
Phone: +1 650-253-0000
Fax: +1 650-253-0001

Find more info here: http://www.google.com/contact/

•••
Contact Google and hopefully they solve your issue as soon as possible.

•••
That really sucks. I would call the police with his information, or report him to at least some sort of authority that hopefully can bring him down.

•••
Yes, contact Google. They definitely record activity like ip addresses that login to your account. A few months ago they added a link at the bottom of your gmail account where you can view the most recent logins to your account as well as the ip address they came from. That should give you a good start for tracking the scumbag down.

When you find him, make him pay and have no mercy

•••
Thank you guys, I retreive my google account but he hacked may paypal also ( it was easy with email ) . I have to retreive that also, I still don't beleive this is happening to me :(

•••
Oh man. That sucks. I hate hackers. :(

•••
zems said:
Thank you guys, I retreive my google account but he hacked may paypal also ( it was easy with email ) . I have to retreive that also, I still don't beleive this is happening to me :(
Just another reason and proof not to use a Free email service.

It's not like the security issues have not been talked about with free email services like gmail, yahoo etc.

Hope everything works out for you, but this also might make you sure up your email service you use.

•••
zems said:

Sorry to hear about your experiences :(
For future reference, though. Get yourself the paypal security key, it also works for eBay. It costs a one time fee of $5 and secures your account to a level that's new to both services.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/securitycenter/general/PPSecurityKey-outside

Check it our once you have everything settled. It might be worth the extra peace of mind. :)

M.

•••
1901gt said:
Oh man. That sucks. I hate hackers. :(

i agree, lowest form of life, and every domainer/webmasters nightmare.
had it repeatedly on my main business site, hacked to death, was realestate site and lost a lot of dough. these scum are almost impossible to locate too.

yofie is right about free email, beware. tnh not sure if its much safer to use a webmail account on one of your own domains.
i think if you use an email service from your isp, very often you cant change pasword online so is safer.

what IS the safest email service to use? anyone know?

nb: hope you get everything back speedily zems
:'(

•••
Oh, that sucks. :(

Glad to hear that you got your email back.

Do you mind telling us how your Gmail account got hacked? I mean, have you logged in on a public computer or you "caught" a keylogger or? Thanks.

•••
dmi said:
Do you mind telling us how your Gmail account got hacked? I mean, have you logged in on a public computer or you "caught" a keylogger or? Thanks.

Yep, this is very important as it helps us too!

Let us know if you need any help at all!

•••
Mike said:
Sorry to hear about your experiences :(
For future reference, though. Get yourself the paypal security key, it also works for eBay. It costs a one time fee of $5 and secures your account to a level that's new to both services.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/securitycenter/general/PPSecurityKey-outside

Check it our once you have everything settled. It might be worth the extra peace of mind. :)

M.
Wow, never heard of that before... thanks! +rep on the way.

•••
I do not understand why people continue to use Gmail and other FREE email services for important security information over the internet.

Use your internet providers email, it is much safer overall.

I wish you luck and hope you clear this mess up.

People, stop using these scam friendly services!

•••
maxeaus said:
Use your internet providers email, it is much safer overall.

Hi, I have saw this suggestion many times, mind to explain why?

And as there are many gmail account are stolen, I wonder if the own domain email service (provided by google app) is any good than free gmail account? or they are actually the same?

Thanks

•••
dmi said:

I am little upset now to think about that. I still need to retreive my paypal. I was calling them on 402-935-2050 but I get only stupid machine.

Anybody know some other number to call?

Btw. I retreive most of my accounts, moniker is only left to do and he just hacked my parked account. Maybe I should find his IP but I guess he is using proxy.

•••
I think that using a Gmail account is totally okay, just like using your ISP's email account. Gmail is safe... It's just that hackers tend to hack more public email accounts because there is a way bigger number of them, when compared to ISP emails. ISP emails can get hacked too...

I've always wondered how a Gmail/Yahoo account gets hacked. It's not like the hacker gains root on Gmail server and steals your info... They probably use brute force to crack the password, or a keylogger records your password if you log in on a public computer, etc.

•••
zems said:
I am little upset now to think about that. I still need to retreive my paypal. I was calling them on 402-935-2050 but I get only stupid machine.

Btw. I retreive most of my accounts, moniker is only left to do and he just hacked my parked account. Maybe I should find his IP but I guess he is using proxy.

If you go through the menu it should give you the option to speak with a representative somewhere. He cannot do much with your parked account. Keep us informed

•••
Is it possible to reach to someones details by MSN contact or email he send?

•••
zems said:

Try this customer service

1-888-221-1161

Last tine I called that number I spoke with someone right away but I haven't called paypal for a while now so I'm not sure if things have change.

•••
zems said:
Call parked.com (345-745-6022) and send "Donny" a PM on here. Since he's a quite active NP Member, you're getting to main man of Parked.com straight through here.

M.

•••
Mike said:
Call parked.com (345-745-6022) and send "Donny" a PM on here. Since he's a quite active NP Member, you're getting to main man of Parked.com straight through here.

M.
Thank about that, I already sent him PM about this. Maybe he can get more information about him sinse he (hacker ) was log in that account.

•••
I spoke to Zems in chat about this as I had a very similar occurence recently. I resolved it as I was able to track the scammer and eventually found out their name and where they were operating from. For the benefit of all, here is how my situation panned out:-

I received an email one day for an offer on one of my domains, it said something similar to this:-

i saw your name Q0.org listed for sale at blahblahunkownsite.com* and was wondering what price you would sell for?

*this was not actual site, but it was just a random site I knew I had not listed my name on

Curiosity got the better of me, and blinded by the potential sale , I clicked on the link, only to realize my stupidity immediately and close the window.
I responded with an offer to the email, but heard nothing back and thought no more of it.

The next day, when I logged into my free email account, I could see an alert at the top telling me my mail was being forwarded to another account (which I obviously had not done).

I quickly undid this and immediately set about changing my password, before starting to investigate if any of my accounts had been hacked. It turned out my godaddy account had been and some of my names had been pushed to another account.

To cut a long story short, I tracked the whois info of the scam website that I had received in the email the day before, and emailed the email address that my mail was being forwarded to. (The scammer had deleted this email when they logged into my account, but it was still in my deleted messages folder). I went to great lengths to explain to this scammer that I would bring the full force of the law onto them, and went on to explain just how serious their crime was. I made several threats and took a gamble that they were the owner, or knew the owner, of the suspicious site (found through whois). I then made my threats personal - i.e. Joe Bloggs, I know who you are, it is only a matter of time until I find where you live etc. I did not make any threats of harm or illegal acts, only criminal prosecution. This paid off, and the scammer, convinced I was going to track them down, offered to return everything immediately if I did not press charges.

It took me over a week to regain control of some of my accounts, as I had immediately notified as many as possible of the fact that my account may have been compromised. This menat they needed photographic ID from me before giving me access back and although it was a hassle, it was reassuring to know.

I did not catch the scammer, but I got all my domains back, altered all my passwords, and chalked one up to a lucky escape.

Zems, I hope you are able to resolve your situation too.

•••
Yofie said:
Just another reason and proof not to use a Free email service.

It's not like the security issues have not been talked about with free email services like gmail, yahoo etc.

Hope everything works out for you, but this also might make you sure up your email service you use.

You said it Yofie, never ever use a free email service for administration purposes. I am sorry to hear about this persons ordeal. If he gets support from google or paypal perhaps they can help track the IP

•••
Michael said:
Wow, never heard of that before... thanks! +rep on the way.

"The Security Key is currently not available. Please try again later."
:td:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back