Domain Empire

Have you received any messages from dot asia about .asia domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am waiting for the messages from dot asia company. I understand that the domain auction will start on 17/03/08 and still I haven't received anything from them about the domains I have been successful and the domains going into auction.

I think it is becoming ridiculous now without getting any info about the domains we applied.

Frustrating !!!!! >:( >:(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got another domain name registered.

smallbusinesses .asia

They are so slow. I am waiting for another about 12 domains.

•••
smallbusinesses.asia is a good catch.

I got ToyEast.asia, HotelServices.asia, MyWebSpace.asia and some other nice names. What do you think, not bad huh?

•••
Federer said:
smallbusinesses.asia is a good catch.

I got ToyEast.asia, HotelServices.asia, MyWebSpace.asia and some other nice names. What do you think, not bad huh?

Hotel services domain sounds good.

•••
James did you get that domain today? I am waiting for one more domain. That is more valuable than other 3 I got.

•••
Yes, I got the domain a few hours ago.

•••
I got the email of dot asia for one domain. The rest will go to auction I suppose.

Last edited:
•••
Some clarification for all of you

Hello all, I am the CEO at Pool and I apologze for not getting into this discussion earlier, I may have been able to help in some of your frustrations. DotAsia is still processing domain applications that include a claim of some prior right (Sunrise applications). These are all being verified by one of two third parties so DotAsia has to wait until all of the applications for a specific domain are reviewed before taking any action.

Obviously, if only one application has been submitted and verified during Sunrise, then that applicant will be awarded the domain. If more than one application has been submitted and verified then the domain goes to auction as you all know. It is possible, for example, that when the domain goes to auction that no-one bids. In this case, the domain would be returned to the registry to decide what to do.

If a bid is submitted for a Sunrise domain then it will be awarded prior tot he domain being considered for a Landrush application.

Landrush applications are being accepted for domains applied for in the Sunrise in the event the sunrise process does not result in the domain being awarded. For example, if no-one bids on the domain in Sunrise then the registry might release the domain in Landrush to all who applied.

I know it is a bit confusing when you see a domain you applied for in LAndrush go to auction and you are not in the auction. Undoubtedly, this is because the domain was previously applied for in Sunrise and the disposition is not yet known.

There has also been some reference to "refunding registration fees". While it might be too late now, the registry does not charge the registrar the registration fee until the domain is actually allocated. Many registrars that I have spoken to also carry this forward to their customers, they don't charge until the domain is awarded to their customer.

I hope this helps clarify what's happening right now, I'd be delighted to answer any questions.

Richard

•••
Thanks for your clarification.

•••
Hi Rasman,

Thanks for info.

Can you please let us know how you are progressing through the applications? Is it done by registrar or some other order (eg alphabetically by country, alphabetically by domain, in order of domain application etc)

I think a lot of people would like to know when they can expect confirmation.

Thank you

David

•••
Rasman,
Thanks for great information.

I have one doubt.
I requested some domains with a small mistake(just missed the hyphen) in the mail id. I think, I would not get those auction details now. I sent a mail to .asia and godaddy. But there is no use. Is there any way to inform dot asia about it and ask them to consider my new mail id?
Thanks and Regards,
kumar Ghanta

•••
kumargh2 said:
Rasman,
Thanks for great information.

I have one doubt.
I requested some domains with a small mistake(just missed the hyphen) in the mail id. I think, I would not get those auction details now. I sent a mail to .asia and godaddy. But there is no use. Is there any way to inform dot asia about it and ask them to consider my new mail id?
Thanks and Regards,
kumar Ghanta

Why not register that email address quickly or you may request the email owner to forward your emails from dotasia??

•••
Some more mails here :)

Still from my "Domainmonster" registrations, but directly via ".asia" registry.

Anybody who likes ".asia" in the chat?

I am waiting until the "full" hour!

•••
I finally got the confirmation from dotAsia.

However, can someone clarify the statement:

"Please note that changes to this domain registration are not permitted for sixty (60) days from the date of registration."

Does this include DNS info?

Or that you just can not change ONLY on the Domain Registration info...

Thanks..

•••
james2002 said:
Why not register that email address quickly or you may request the email owner to forward your emails from dotasia??

Dude,
Thank you very much for the reponse.
My problem is I gave my domain mail id(but I gave without hyphen).That domain was already registered with or with out hypen. I already lost hope on that. All of those went to auctions.

•••
FINALLY - my domains have started to come through, incl. tradeart.asia, corporatejets.asia, etc. To those still waiting, hang in there, it looks like .asia is just busy trying to process applications.

Still no word from auctions though.

•••
Anyone receive any confirmations after applying through Hostway? I'm thinking it's likely that domains are being processed registrar by registrar.

In fact if everyone who has received confirmations can reveal their registrar that could be useful?

•••
netfleet said:
Anyone receive any confirmations after applying through Hostway? I'm thinking it's likely that domains are being processed registrar by registrar.

In fact if everyone who has received confirmations can reveal their registrar that could be useful?

Received notice from Domain Monster today.

g-

•••
XJ said:
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [.asia registry] [DOMAIN].asia, has been Successfully Allocated
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 21:42:04 +0000 (UTC)
To: [E-MAIL]
CC: [E-MAIL]

Dear Applicant,

Congratulations! Your DotAsia application for the following domain has been approved and the domain has been registered to you at the .ASIA Registry:

[DOMAIN].asia

You may review your domain name WHOIS information by visiting http://www.registry.asia/cgi-bin/whois.cgi. Please note that changes to this domain registration are not permitted for sixty (60) days from the date of registration.

Sincerely,

DotAsia Organisation Ltd.

Got the same message from DotAsia. I also checked the Whois info and it is under my name. I also typed the domain.asia onto my browser and it is live parked domain with working links.

Now my question is about the "60 days no changes."
Is this for domain transfer? or for domain DNServer?

Also, does anyone know if EuroDns will allow us to change the DNS of our choosing? As I checked before I got the domains that that link is not clickable.

Got 7 .asia domains out of (80) with confirmation from .Asia Registry.

I don't feel bad now as I've read others regged 1000's and might have gotten about the same.

•••
Got 225 names, some of the best names one can think of. Listing a sample of the Top 10 names out of the 225:

fmcg
insured
creditconsolidation
debtrepair
booktickets
bibble
scored
orderbook
jobopenings
collegeloan........and more

•••
That's great Vikrant. Insured is really amazing and I'm sure it was a worthwhile investment.

•••
Lots of great ones there, especially Insured which is awesome. Congratulations.

•••
Thanks, this is just a sample list, plenty of them in the rest of the list.

•••
vikrantjain22 said:
Got 225 names, some of the best names one can think of. Listing a sample of the Top 10 names out of the 225:

fmcg
insured
creditconsolidation
debtrepair
booktickets
bibble
scored
orderbook
jobopenings
collegeloan........and more

Nice names.
Bible or bibble?

•••
james2002 said:
Nice names.
Bible or bibble?

Bibble.asia
(Bible.asia is a community reserved name)

•••
vikrantjain22 said:
Bibble.asia
(Bible.asia is a community reserved name)

I see.
Bibble is a kind of company name, I suppose.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back