IT.COM

Have you received any messages from dot asia about .asia domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am waiting for the messages from dot asia company. I understand that the domain auction will start on 17/03/08 and still I haven't received anything from them about the domains I have been successful and the domains going into auction.

I think it is becoming ridiculous now without getting any info about the domains we applied.

Frustrating !!!!! >:( >:(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You have received 6 confirmation emails for your .asia names? I still have no news... maybe on Monday.

•••
Federer said:
I am using Hostway & Domainmonster. Always a good strategy to use more than one registrar. Should land 8 .asia names in the next few days (once we get some news...) and have another 80 in PENDING for Go-Live. We'll see what happens when the cyber fireworks go off.
On the topic of registering more domains for the 26th, can anyone recommend a registrar that is offering good deals? Eurodns has a 10 euro offer still which seems pretty reasonable. My only problem with them is that they only refund your eurodns account in full. I think they charge 10% (or thereabouts) processing fee to give you your money back.

•••
Hostway is offering a good deal, only charge you when your application is successfull.

•••
Federer said:
You have received 6 confirmation emails for your .asia names? I still have no news... maybe on Monday.

I got confirmation saying I got those domains. Hoping to get more.

•••
I applied more than thousand and still got none. Congratulations to all who receive domains without auction.

•••
onlinelife said:
I applied more than thousand and still got none. Congratulations to all who receive domains without auction.

I don't think all your domains are going to auction.

•••
onlinelife said:

Have you been notified of an auction? I have not. I think mine is already registered to someone else, Godaddy says it's not but according to the .Asia WHOIS it is registered.

Dave C

•••
DnPresident said:
Have you been notified of an auction? I have not. I think mine is already registered to someone else, Godaddy says it's not but according to the .Asia WHOIS it is registered.

Dave C

No notifications about auctions for landrush.

•••
I haven't got any notification about auctions. I got only confirmation emails that now about 7 domains have been registered with my name.

•••
I have not gotten notice from EuroDNS about the name I submitted. I know it is not in an auction so I am beyond annoyed.

•••
I just got confirmation directly from dot asia that I received 5 names. Nothing from Godaddy on these five names and nothing on my other hundred names that are going to auction.

•••
orphis said:
I just got confirmation directly from dot asia that I received 5 names. Nothing from Godaddy on these five names and nothing on my other hundred names that are going to auction.

It seems auction will start late.

•••
I got the confirmation from dot asia, but nothing from GoDaddy yet and it is still showing as pending at GoDaddy

•••
david23 said:
I got the confirmation from dot asia, but nothing from GoDaddy yet and it is still showing as pending at GoDaddy

Check at

www.whois.asia

If your name is there, I think you can rest assured that godaddy will update soon.

•••
DnPresident said:

Dave C

No such notification. Waiting for acutions to start. Many of my landrush applications reserve by dot asia after landrush start.

•••
onlinelife said:
No such notification. Waiting for acutions to start. Many of my landrush applications reserve by dot asia after landrush start.

At the whois.asia mine says
Domain Create Date 23-Feb-2008 00:11:44 UTC
Domain Expiration Date 23-Feb-2010 00:11:44 UTC
Host is Rebel.com

Only it's in someone elses name, I applied for this name on Feb 20th. Godaddy tells me there's no way it can be registered to someone else and that I will be contacted by .asia.

I believe the name was some how registered to someone early and unfortunately I'll be getting a refund from Godaddy instead of having the opportunity to bid on the name.

Last edited:
•••
The only domain i registered is reserved. :(

•••
Federer said:
Hostway is offering a good deal, only charge you when your application is successfull.
That is a good deal. I'm still tempted by the 10 euro price, but I think this may beat that.

A lot of registrars don't seem to be handling the .asia extension, does anyone know why that would be?

•••
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [.asia registry] [DOMAIN].asia, has been Successfully Allocated
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 21:42:04 +0000 (UTC)
To: [E-MAIL]
CC: [E-MAIL]

Dear Applicant,

Congratulations! Your DotAsia application for the following domain has been approved and the domain has been registered to you at the .ASIA Registry:

[DOMAIN].asia

You may review your domain name WHOIS information by visiting http://www.registry.asia/cgi-bin/whois.cgi. Please note that changes to this domain registration are not permitted for sixty (60) days from the date of registration.

Sincerely,

DotAsia Organisation Ltd.

•••
This is really starting to get fustrating. I still have no news concerning my .asia pre-registrations. I know 8 of my domain registrations have been applied for by no-one else - but now news from registray or dot.asia. Also have 50 that should be going to auction, but again... no news. Is anyone else in this situation? I registered with HOSTWAY... Maybe a big mistake?!

•••
I'm in the same boat.

Also registered with Hostway....

there are about 200 i applied for not on any of these lists and about 2,000 due for auction.

However all the confirmations come direct from dot asia not from registrar so can't blame hostway i don't think.

It is strange though when people have just regged a handful & have had notification whereas I would have thought withy 200+ odds are should have heard something.

maybe they go through registrar by registrar? Or by country?

•••
Yes, there are good chances... Maybe by country or by registry. I am from Switzerland... 'S' is way down the list :D I have contacted HOSTWAY.UK this morning and they have promised to contact DOMAINPEOPLE as soon as they wake up - to 'remind' them to send out the confirmation emails that I'm waiting for. Go-Live is only 2 days away...

•••
I just got some emails and picked up:

REMIXED.asia

SKEPTIC.asia

SCENTS.asia

SCENTED.asia

and a few other business names

:)

•••
zero_haze_au said:

REMIXED.asia

SKEPTIC.asia

SCENTS.asia

SCENTED.asia

Brilliant. Congratulation.
:great:

•••
Excellent

zero_haze_au said:

REMIXED.asia

SKEPTIC.asia

SCENTS.asia

SCENTED.asia

Dude,
Scents and REMIXED are definately worth more. Congratulations.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back