NameSilo

Have you received any messages from dot asia about .asia domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am waiting for the messages from dot asia company. I understand that the domain auction will start on 17/03/08 and still I haven't received anything from them about the domains I have been successful and the domains going into auction.

I think it is becoming ridiculous now without getting any info about the domains we applied.

Frustrating !!!!! >:( >:(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think I got 5 domain. However I still have not received any confirmation e-mail.

All of them are register at Godaddy, 12 hours before the landrush period end.

Is there anyone also haven't received confirmation e-mail from GoDaddy.

Kam

•••
Did you check at whois.asia to see whether those domains are reserved names or not?

•••
•••
•••
james2002 said:
Did you check at whois.asia to see whether those domains are reserved names or not?

the names are not appeared in the auction list and it's not reserved names.

However, I Still haven't received any confirmation letter.

Kam

•••
Dotasia said they had completed 99.5 % and yours ones are possibly in 0.5 %.

•••
james2002 said:
Dotasia said they had completed 99.5 % and yours ones are possibly in 0.5 %.

Where can I found the rate of progress?
may you please give me the URL,

Thanks,

Kam

•••
•••
•••
rasman said:
If a bid is submitted for a Sunrise domain then it will be awarded prior tot he domain being considered for a Landrush application.
Richard

I take it Feb 20th, the day of my applying for Girls.Asia was the Landrush and since it shows as being registered on Feb 23rd someone else got it during the Sunrise registration period.

Does that seem right to everyone?

•••
I was thinking about DomainMonster for regging .asia, but i read on their site that they only refund a credit to your account there rather than a cash refund - can anyone confirm this? If so, i wont reg with them. I dont want credit, i want a full refund in cash.

thanks

•••
DnPresident said:
I take it Feb 20th, the day of my applying for Girls.Asia was the Landrush and since it shows as being registered on Feb 23rd someone else got it during the Sunrise registration period.

Definitely wrong!!! Very fishy indeed!!!
Its just that someone probably from the inside in the know how valuable the name is!!!

Can we register for .asia for the live now!!!
Is it China time or we have to follow the time zone for each country in the world where it reaches 12:00 midnight where you are in that part of the world?

•••
scriptfordali said:
I was thinking about DomainMonster for regging .asia, but i read on their site that they only refund a credit to your account there rather than a cash refund - can anyone confirm this? If so, i wont reg with them. I dont want credit, i want a full refund in cash.

thanks

Yes, I have spoken to them today and they could not refund to our bank account. They said they will only refund to domainmonster account if not successful and we have to use the money to buy their products. They are also charging quite abit, twice other people's fees.

It is not good. Is it?

•••
DnPresident said:

Of course it's right! What's wrong with it at all? This name was applied for during sunrise (check here http://www.registry.asia/info/DotAsia-DomainsAppliedFor--2008-02-27.txt) and once the application was approved that party got it. Had it not been approved you might have got it, but sunrise app always has priority over landrush app (read the recent docs on their site). So what's wrong with it? People - so many accusations of "fishy", etc. but did you bother to read and understand the simple guidelines yourselves?

•••
Dude, they didn't give any guideline when we applied for "available" domains for the Landrush. After a few days of our payment to the registrar, the name shown to be registered. What the hell is that? The registrar doesn't refund the money fully.

•••
vitalir said:
Of course it's right! What's wrong with it at all? This name was applied for during sunrise (check here http://www.registry.asia/info/DotAsia-DomainsAppliedFor--2008-02-27.txt) and once the application was approved that party got it. Had it not been approved you might have got it, but sunrise app always has priority over landrush app (read the recent docs on their site). So what's wrong with it? People - so many accusations of "fishy", etc. but did you bother to read and understand the simple guidelines yourselves?

I thought Sunrise was for trademarked/entity names I didn't know Girls was a trademark/entity name. So they had a fair chance to get their name with no problems.

Girls.Asia should have went to auction in my opinion

•••
i just got the last couple of domains I been waiting for successfully allocated... finally!!

•••
david23 said:
i just got the last couple of domains I been waiting for successfully allocated... finally!!
ME too. I had got the domain ...

•••
vitalir said:

Many domains were available in landrush period and suddenly registered by someone or reserved by dot asia.

•••
onlinelife said:
Many domains were available in landrush period and suddenly registered by someone or reserved by dot asia.

i think this is what is annoying us most. They should NOT have been 'available' to be regged in landrush. A lot of registrars only refund credits back, not cash, so we are loosing out. Really unfair.

•••
I thought I had 158 due (applied for that weren't on any public lists) and 158 ended up being confirmed so don't see any dodgy business from this end.

Are you sure these domains that were available during Landrush really were available?

•••
btw I hope landrush auctions are finished soon. I just want my refund now.

•••
netfleet said:
I thought I had 158 due (applied for that weren't on any public lists) and 158 ended up being confirmed so don't see any dodgy business from this end.

Are you sure these domains that were available during Landrush really were available?

You are richer now, IMO. May be the workload was not what they expected.

•••
just got confirmed on 2 adult domains, out of 100 tries.

•••
I have received following confirmations. But no news on many more.

citytrip.asia
shoppin.asia
searchnet.asia
typos.asia
2asia.asia
gaynet.asia
eroshop.asia
etech.asia
and a few more.

Many names have not been assigned to someone. Are these meant to go on auction?

Christophe

www.2doBusiness.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back