IT.COM

Have you received any messages from dot asia about .asia domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am waiting for the messages from dot asia company. I understand that the domain auction will start on 17/03/08 and still I haven't received anything from them about the domains I have been successful and the domains going into auction.

I think it is becoming ridiculous now without getting any info about the domains we applied.

Frustrating !!!!! >:( >:(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No update at their site and there is no info yet so far.

•••
its really farcical now not to have received any information at all about the auctions. They really have shown themselves to be incompetent.

•••
scriptfordali said:
its really farcical now not to have received any information at all about the auctions. They really have shown themselves to be incompetent.

Absolutely. The first come first serve is only about 9 days to go and we are still not sure about our applications. The service is awful.

•••
chenzen said:
it's already screwed up. i guess i will bid too high and not pay. it's the only way to pain them back.

I wouldn't go that far Chen...you might get caught up into a legal binding frenzie!!!

•••
trlsker01 said:
I wouldn't go that far Chen...you might get caught up into a legal binding frenzie!!!

Absolutely, they will chase you up. Possibly, they are just couting money at the moment. They may not be able to focus on domain names.

•••
•••
Still do reply and today is 18/03 and the open reg will start on 26/03.

What on earth dotasia is doing?

•••
Nothing here

Nothing here

I have not received anything on the names I paid to register months ago. I'm ready for my refunds already. Most of the closing prices look ridiculous to me. IMO many peeps are ovepaying for .asia, basically paying end user prices for the name for 5 years out from release.

This system has been perfect for the .asia registrar, they are making a killing off each and every name, whenever they get around to running the auctions.

•••
I received an email from pool saying nearly half million domain names applied. Nothing mentioned about the domains I applied.

•••
lol, at least you got an email from them at all :hehe:

I have zip all in my inbox.

•••
Also received jack all from my registrar, dot-asia and pool.com. I have emailed my registrar (myDomain) with no reply as well.

I'm kinda hoping they really screw it up now, and no one ends up getting the applied for domains so we can all put a hefty lawsuit on their arse.

The point is there has been absolutely NO communication as to the status of our domains. It really doesn't matter if it takes them 1 day, 1 week or 1 month to register our domains, as long as their is communication and confirmation for the domains we were successful at getting.

•••
Looks to me like they were overwhelmed with applications.

This is good news for us all! I'd suggest everybody relax and wait to hear something rather than panicking and listening to all the misinformation out there (like the auction was due to start on the 17th - that had no basis but was being repeated everywhere on NP).

I'm sure all our applications got through and we can be sure that they will give everybody as much opportunity as possible to participate in the auctions (it's in their best interest after all).

Whilst I agree it would be nice to get confirmation of secured names, I think it should be safe enough to assume that if you applied for a name and it's not on this list http://www.registry.asia/info/DotAsia-DomainsWithMultiApps--2008-03-13.txt and it's not reserved by the goverments (check here http://www.registry.asia/cgi-bin/whois.cgi) then you have it.

Do you think that's a safe enough assumption?

•••
If they think they could not handle it properly, they better post pone the 26th general registration for the public.

•••
I hate this kind of service.

•••
netfleet said:
Whilst I agree it would be nice to get confirmation of secured names, I think it should be safe enough to assume that if you applied for a name and it's not on this list http://www.registry.asia/info/DotAsia-DomainsWithMultiApps--2008-03-13.txt and it's not reserved by the goverments (check here http://www.registry.asia/cgi-bin/whois.cgi) then you have it.

Do you think that's a safe enough assumption?

I sure hope so, I applied for quite a few domains and "in theory" got about 7% of them.

By the way, I spoke to Pool.com, they said the auctions that appear on their site post March 13 are still the backlog of Sunrise auctions . . . I also panicked because I had applied for a name that appeared on the auctions and I hadn't gotten a notice for the auction . . . what happened was that the Sunrise application was processed AFTER I had submitted my Landrush application, and hence my application will likely get declined . . .

As far as the Landrush auctions go, Pool.com said that dotasia hadn't scheduled them yet and they expect the notices will be sent in the next 10 days . . . it's like .asia water torture but at least it's comforting to hear that we're all on the same boat

•••
Spoke to pool.com - they said sit tight, no Landrush auctions have been scheduled yet and we should receive emails in the next 10 days (!)

I had also applied for a domain name that appeared for auction on March 18 - what happened was that my Landrush application went through before they had registered the Sunrise applications.

Did you notice some cheeky bugger got bet.asia for $10!! I bet you (no pun intended) what a lot of people did (and in retrospect i should have done as well) was to register a company name in some .asia jurisdiction and then applied for domain names in the last phase of Sunrise. It would have been well worth the hassle if you could get bet.asia for $10!

•••
ROC.asia
IND.asia
UAE.asia

I apply Landrush registration for above domains and available till land rush start, now Lord Dot Asia post on their WHOIS page that its government reserved.
I don’t know how many of my application will be rejected by Dot Asia even if they are available in landrush period.

•••
cadejo said:
Spoke to pool.com - they said sit tight, no Landrush auctions have been scheduled yet and we should receive emails in the next 10 days (!)

NEXT 10 days?! OMG! next week will be the go live stage, will they run all the landrush auctions before 26 march?

what if they cannot finish the auction before 26, does it mean the names which have been submitted in landrush will be shown as 'not available' even though it hasn't been auctioned?

•••
IMO dot Asia will auction all land rush domains at their ease.
No pre-schedule for any auctions, when they feel “its time” they release list one by one:
Keep checking below page…

http://dotasia.org/about/auctions.html

•••
I sent a complaint meassage to dotasia.org 8 hours ago and I see that they just updated their auction page

•••
onlinelife said:
ROC.asia
IND.asia
UAE.asia

I apply Landrush registration for above domains and available till land rush start, now Lord Dot Asia post on their WHOIS page that its government reserved.
I don’t know how many of my application will be rejected by Dot Asia even if they are available in landrush period.

Yes, they might reserve whatever domains they fancy and esentially they don't care about people who did apply for domains. It is not good enough. Really disappointing. They should at least send info about when the landrush auction will start etc...

•••
Aboutdomains said:
I sent a complaint meassage to dotasia.org 8 hours ago and I see that they just updated their auction page

Thanks for your efforts; something is better than nothing…

•••
yeah i just saw the 'coming soon' text on dotasia.org about the landrush auctions.

i hope the schmuck that registered some of the same names as I is focuses on other domains. maybe i will get mine for cheap... did anyone else read that a pool.com asia auction is extended by 24 hours every time there is a new bid? ughhhh....

from pool.com
"All auctions will run for 7 days (including weekends). When the auction leader has changed within 24 hours of the close date, the auction will be extended for 24 hours from the last lead change. Auctions will continue to be extended by 24 hr periods until there has been no change in leader for 24 hrs."

jason
[email protected]
[email protected]

•••
slapman said:
All auctions will run for 7 days (including weekends). When the auction leader has changed within 24 hours of the close date, the auction will be extended for 24 hours from the last lead change. Auctions will continue to be extended by 24 hr periods until there has been no change in leader for 24 hrs."

This is just radiculous. It means an auction might last forever as long as the leader changes. There should be final date.

•••
LOL
I just want my refund now.
For me, there is no point in going into a bidding war for this highly speculative extension.
Let's say that I win the bid for my generic .asia name for $1000.
What guarantee do I have that the value will rise? I may be left holding a very expensive bag.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back