Dynadot

GoDaddy registration for $5.19

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

floatingworld

dawnofthefloatingworldVIP Member
Impact
...original info on DNF, but they only had it down to $6.19 I think..........
select domain name to register.
select checkout preference 'show me deals' (not expert checkout)
select 'add traffic facts' @ $1.99 per month (forget you do not have a website)
proceed to checkout, ensure you have additional $1 discount (eg usa6)
cart should now read $4.24 for domain, $1.95 for traffic facts, discount -£1
cart total = $5.19.
pay!
proceed to managing domains
select payments and renewing items
check on item 'traffic facts'
select from menu 'cancel item'
done!
B-) B-) B-)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why didnt I see this an hour ago? Bah

•••
•••
the offer appears to be continuing into June...maybe forever!

•••
I have several domains to renew at godaddy -- I'll definitely try it

•••
Still working. Take advantage of it while you can. Don't forget to delete the traffic facts after you make your purchase.

•••
yoshiwara said:
ye, it could go on forever

•••
Thanks! Every dollar you spend counts. Thanks for the great information.

•••
This is great, I have more domains lined up for renewal... so more money would be saved now :D

•••
Tippy said:
I just cant get myself to take advantage of this, I guess I am a wimp lol
It is cheating!

yoshiwara said:
Not after 1000 cancels... see this kind of thinking ruins it.
It's the same as stealing. IMHO
kid5150

•••
spikedo said:
Don't forget to delete the traffic facts after you make your purchase.

Can someone please explain more on how to delete the traffic facts. I have not been able to delete them. Thanks:)

•••
kid5150 said:
Tippy said:
It is cheating!

yoshiwara said:
Not after 1000 cancels... see this kind of thinking ruins it.
It's the same as stealing. IMHO
kid5150

It's more like using a coupon or a rebate.

•••
They do specifically say 3.99 domains on ALL non-domain purchases, Traffic Facts IS a non-domain purchase, and there is NO cancelation policy on it, therefore I believe it's perfectly fine. You cant honestly believe GoDaddy doesnt know about this, if it were hurting them they'd shut it down. To me it seems like an amazing marketing idea having a "secret" way to get cheap domains, will bring in more and more customers. Just my opinion.

•••
•••
Good point Wolfman I think you are perfectly right.. and I do agree

•••
Wolfman said:
They do specifically say 3.99 domains on ALL non-domain purchases, Traffic Facts IS a non-domain purchase, and there is NO cancelation policy on it, therefore I believe it's perfectly fine. You cant honestly believe GoDaddy doesnt know about this, if it were hurting them they'd shut it down. To me it seems like an amazing marketing idea having a "secret" way to get cheap domains, will bring in more and more customers. Just my opinion.
"Amazing marketing idea...." what our minds will come up with...
A loophole... If a checker at the store misses ringing up an item, and you notice it and dont mention it, you are stealing. Oh yea, big company, they can afford it, it's only a little thing, not like they'll miss it, bla-bla-bla...Justify this all you want, anyway you can, bottom line....
yoshiwara said:
proceed to managing domains
select payments and renewing items
check on item 'traffic facts'
select from menu 'cancel item'
done!
B-) B-) B-)
If you know you are going to cancel when you start the process, you are breaking the contract.
spikedo said:
Still working. Take advantage of it while you can. Don't forget to delete the traffic facts after you make your purchase.
Yea, before they realize whats happening and shut it down.

This thread sux and I'm amazed at the members who participated in this. Makes you think twice about peoples ethics.
You know what would really be the icing? Bob cancels all future promos for the dis-respect shown here.
Go ahead... I'm flame-proof on this one kiddies!!!

Last edited:
•••
My comment still stands, and I still stand firmly beside it. If someone would mind backing me up with some numbers to prove it? This has been going on FAR to long for GoDaddy not to have noticed it and fixed it if they wanted to. They quite obviously want it to continue, as they keep bringing the promotion back. I highly doubt it costs them $5.19+ to register a domain. It's bringing in a ton of extra customers. The lower the prices, the more customers, the more extra customers to overweight the lower prices, makes quite an excellent marketing strategy. If you can provide everything your competition does for half price, you're nearly guarenteed to take in mass amounts of new customers. :blink:

•••
This worked for me -- good man/woman Yoshiwara!

•••
Wolfman said:
My comment still stands, and I still stand firmly beside it. If someone would mind backing me up with some numbers to prove it? This has been going on FAR to long for GoDaddy not to have noticed it and fixed it if they wanted to. They quite obviously want it to continue, as they keep bringing the promotion back. I highly doubt it costs them $5.19+ to register a domain. It's bringing in a ton of extra customers. The lower the prices, the more customers, the more extra customers to overweight the lower prices, makes quite an excellent marketing strategy. If you can provide everything your competition does for half price, you're nearly guarenteed to take in mass amounts of new customers. :blink:
OK, but.....and lets just suppose here.... what if it's not. What if it really is a glitch? Are you confidant enough you call them and ask? No wait.... might cost a dollar or two to find out and
if possibly cheating a company out of a few lousy dollars is worth risking your integrity,....well... maybe you should just email them and ask.
Did any one of those that jumped on this hmmm, what do you call it when during a riot, everyone starts robbing stores.... looting, yea, thats it... anyone think to call first and see if this was in fact authorized? No!!!
To save (steal) a few freeking dollars... unbelievable, I'm ashamed and embarrassed to see this at NamePro's and believe every single participant owes this community an apolgee!!! and not my humble opinion damnit, the ****ing way it is. GodDamn thieves

taheny said:
I believe with the $1.99 traffic facts your card will be billed monthly.
You tried to warn them.

Jeffrey said:
Your card will be billed every 3 months.
And yet another hint.
Tippy said:
And you my brother... join the club... the all grown up club.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of you, I'm not done yet!!!!

It's enough that the KIDS and N00BS found this acceptable, but this list includes Forum Leaders and long standing members that are supposed to set the EXAMPLE AROUND HERE... YOU WONDER WHY SCAMMERS THINK THEY CAN EARN HERE? BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY ARE AMONST THIER OWN KIND!!!!
I just got off the phone with Scott Hoffman, Exec. Accts., Godaddy and guess what WOLFMAN, I hope you ran that trick twice..... everyone of you, I really hope you ran it twice, you dumbasses
How dare you throw shit around this house and call it fertilizer... Great ****ing example assholes.... Gee, when I grow up I wanna be just like you dad. Get in the mirror folks, have a good long look.. if you can...
you are all guilty of mob thinking. I know for a fact some of the members in this thread wouldnt steal a candy bar to save thier own life, and will in fact lose sleep behind this. (I can hear the giggles already) No. really asshole, some people will feel like they have done something wrong. Some, and I already know a few that will have no choice... some will reimburse GoDaddy the money they stole... Stand up and be counted!!!! Fix your mistake... show you are man or woman enough to admit and show everyone what you are made of. Let the justifiers justify, the rationalizers rationalize, weak minds can do that.... BUT STAND IN FRONT OF THAT MIRROR< LOOK YOURSELF IN THE EYES AND LIE. I DARE YOU. IT CANT BE DONE.
This thread sux, just like I said and I'm sorry for my language but the next punk argues this with me can kiss my ass and meet me on a corner, I'll be there. I have NEVER lost when I was right. I may be old, but I got at least 30 seconds of pure ugly hell in me... Think about that before cracking wise on me, son.
Take your hits, ladies and gentlemen... you ****ed up.... get it out, get it over and behind us, cuz my fingers are starting to hurt beating this poor keyboard half to death.
Peace, kid5150

daddypi said:
Just wanted to post and let everyone know that this offer is still open.. I've registered over 100 domains using this "special" way.

IAmAllanShore said:
USA6 is a fairly long-standing code, it worked for me yesterday.
-Allan

spikedo said:
I just tried it for a renewal. Worked like a charm. Sending you some NP$ for the great info.

Darkfire001 said:
Still works :) Just got a .US name for $4.94

IAmAllanShore said:
Yup, .us for $4.94, you have to love that :)

MissFlora said:
Very cool! thanks alot :)

PremiumHostednet said:

StudioWorks said:
guess who's going to reg a domain name in the next 2 mins :D

rondo said:
Works like a charm STILL!

Thanks guys.

hanz said:
ye, it could go on forever

spikedo said:
Just did a few more. Don't forget to cancel the traffic facts after your order.

jj2ii3344 said:
Still working as of May 14, 2005, thanks again!

dgaussin said:
Is it possible to transfer domain name too ?...

ThreeD said:
thanks a mill for the wonderful trick :) Works like a charm..

Steveh said:
Great deal! Have regged two domains. Neither for me!

NickRac said:
awesome post, I love saving money! Thanks

Crusader said:
It's more like using a coupon or a rebate.

How do you like me now? :lol: :lol: :bah:

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back