Domain Empire

Frank Schilling VS Rick Shwartz!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Frank has been quoted saying that in 20 years “.Com will become like AM radio”

Rick has been saying for a long time that most GTLDs will be DOA and that .Com will increase in value.

What do you say? Who is making more sense? Rick or Frank?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just another thought besides the fact that technology favors the .com now is that it is branded into everyone's head as was stated before. Plus I believe the .com is so powerfull that people are overlooking one thing here. The wheel was invented and the .com is very similar to this. The wheel still remains in existence today and is very important as is the .com. You can keep bringing out all the different tlds you want i mean will they have value. Sure. I mean companies wanna keep there brand in every extension they can. But will they replace the .com? Answer is no. The .com has too much popularity and everyone wants it. they want the .com and every other extension for branding as well.

•••
I would just say to investors on here, be careful not to waste your money.

I've seen people trying to unload massive amount of ".co" which was touted as the "new" cool thing. If you are going to invest in these domains, be totally sure you know what you're doing.

•••
If they and other domainer keep catching all good domain and then asking for high price it can kill .com too.

many startup can not afford the high price of the domain and try to find alternative. if many of them using non .com domain and success it can affect .com price in long term

•••
Keep in mind also that people who tend to be of influence in an industry having the tendency to bring up the hype of things to sell what they got even though in reality it wont last long. Don't put it past eoither one of these guys to stir up some dust for a few dollars in there pockets.

•••
One of the keys to understanding this post is that Franks talking about companys buying and using their own extension. Sale.Walmart Gas.Shell Drink.Coke (just wild examples)

Rick talking about the loads of 'generic' GTLDs meant to sell to others (domains and small business enduser) Even Rick would probably agree someing like dot music and dot web will be successful.

Where they both agree is that dot com will remain the strongest TLD

100% Correct!

•••
I say: this is unimportant.
The future is in the ccTLDs (outside the US).

Agree...especially in native languages where the average Joe doesn't read or speak English.

And is will mostly happen on smartphones the 'new' computer of the future as SF prices drop down and down.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back