IT.COM

Dub.io - A new tool for parking your domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kevin Johnson

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

My name is Kevin, been following this forum for quite awhile, but joined because I wanted to share a news. I am a VP of product at Dub.io, which is a small tool that our team has been building for a few weeks.

We wanted to see if we can create a new (and hopefully better) domain parking tool. We've named ourselves "Dub.io" - nice and short. It works like this.

1. Sign-up and you will get a website - to which, you can of course point your domain to. However, if you don't want to, that's ok. We will give you a Dub.io sub-domain.

2. Once that's done, you can start "populating" the site with contents. This can come from RSS feeds, YouTube videos or just from the web articles. Dub.io takes care of automatically crawling these and inserting into your site.

3. Each content can also be automatically tweeted to your designated Twitter account (this will usually bring more traffic and also get you some followers). You can also set up so that it's automatically posted to Blogger or Tumblr sites too.

4. And of course, you can monetize it. Right now, we allow you to insert your own Google AdSense ads and VigLink code. The best part? You keep all the revenue generated from your sites. We don't take anything.

5. Each site is all responsive to different screen-sizes. We try to include a variety of media types like images and related videos so contents are more engaging. Right now, we are in a "testing" phase, so everything is free! We would love for you to come and check us out and let me know if you have any questions.
Would love to discuss via this thread or if you have any questions, you can email me at hello @ dub.io

Thank you so much for your time guys.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@hxp

Here's one I use for one of my domains.

http://loggy.net
http://swimmingly.co/

Pretty simple at the moment. We will be adding more features going forward. Let me know if you're after something particular.

@NitroJunkie If you select a theme for a parking page and then go to "customize" you should be able to type in a URL for an image (or you can upload one). You actually don't need to sign up for unsplash. You just need a URL to one of its images. Find an image that you like, find its URL and then just link it in the "customize" tab. Let me know if you're having trouble. Email or PM me directly and I'll guide you.

Thank you. Looks great! :)

My suggestions/requests:

- Change "is available for sale" to "may be available for sale".
- Change "Suggest a Price" to "Offer", "Make Offer", or "Make an Offer".
- Change "Please tell us more..." to "Message".
- Include a currency unit (USD).
- Escrow.com Integration (like Bodis).

•••
Wow, amazing product..

Congrats to dub team.. They did it very well.

It's revolution in parking with automated content .

Howmuch did you earn and what's your analytics with dub.io platform?

Please share the details, it will motivate new people like me to join and use their product.

Thanks in advance.

Once you get your content monetized, which is very easy, You will see some results, I flip my ads on and off , from one to another, I had 74 clicks to a VPN provider i am affiliated with, Out of those 74 clicks, 27 bought a monthly subscription, I am now on monthly residual autopilot of $125 a mo, just off that one affiliate.

The DUB.io platform allows for you to upload your PPC, Affiliate, Intext and ect , with the ability to add multiple providers and rotate them from site to site as you wish, In a couple of minutes of your time.

It is a fantastic superb platform, Patience when setting up is key, It doesn't take long to acclimate and learn the power of the platform, I am still learning, but selling in the process as well.

And, one of the best things that DUB.io offers, Name growth, i mine for domains with age and history, so hand reg and mining is my niche, DUB gives me a great boost in increasing the value of my hand reges, The growth at DUB is 10X faster than using a parking page platform, DUB feeds and waters my names daily for me, Indexing, social media and ect.

Last edited:
•••
Hey.... everyone.

My biggest apologies for not accessing NamePros for awhile - really sorry about not being responsive. We've had a difficult 2nd half of 2018 in terms of our project and we really worked hard to sort out all these issues toward the end of last year.

I am happy to say that we are kicking off new year with some refreshed vision for Dub. Currently we're in the middle of designing Dub v2, which we can hopefully release soon.

At the same time, I'm terribly sorry for not making the current Dub more reliable. At times we just received way too much traffic unexpectedly - which is an excuse I know - so we're working on our reliability as first priority.

I also know that we need to be more responsive to the messages here - we've been focusing on other channels for awhile - I'll make sure I pay better attention to this.

You can also reach any of us at [email protected] - if that suits you better.

Hopefully we can deliver better product and news soon!

•••
What's the catch? How does Dub.io benefit?

Edit: Welcome to NamePros!

•••
Interesting, however you may want to add 2-3 examples of websites so we can see how the websites can look.

•••
I am loving DUB.io! There is just a VERY small learning curve, it very minimal and not tedious at all. DUB.io , You Rock!

•••
@Cyberian @Stick

Just wanted to let you guys know that you can now connect the same Twitter to multiple parking sites on Dub.

The automated tasks will be then shared across the sites that are using the Twitter account, which means your Twitter account will not be swamped with all these automated tasks - which is good. Also means, as @Cyberian said, you don't need to create Twitter accounts for every domain if you don't want to.

Hope that helps!

•••
Ok, So i took about 20 minutes, Not being familiar with all the tweak settings that DUB offers, otherwise it would have only taken half that time. Keep in mind, I HAVE NO sense of design at all, I just went at it, It was soooo simple, The biggest thing to remember, One you change your Background, Fonts, Anything you change at all, Don't forget to click "Save" at the bottom, otherwise your changes wont be saved, Simple enough.

So what i did, I went to UnSplash.com, uploaded me a background, Now the background will appear in the navigation area of your site, The next thing i did was change the header color, Then i resized and changed my font size to my Domain Name. I added a couple of affiliate banners.

My objective was to merely clean the site up, That was it, nothing more.

I am telling you people, Kevin and DUB ROCK! This is exactly what this industry needs!!

The Site i worked on, For a mere 20 minutes www.WeekNite.com

The Potential and Power that DUB,io offers, Excites me beyond belief, Superior feeds with simplicity, Along with multiple streams of income potential. Hell Yes and Thank You! to DUB.io

Last edited:
•••
@.X. Thank you. I'm glad you're having fun with it. We're having fun building things too. We have a long way to go though. :)

@NitroJunkie - I have a pretty strong back - so keep your comments coming! Always welcome. :)

•••
I did another ,Color, Font and font color, and background scheme, Including finding my new
background that i wanted to use , 25 minutes total. I have NO sense of design, I am not even good at color matching. DUB makes it all so easy, and it is a lot of fun messing with too:xf.smile:

I did www.WeekNite.com over again

•••
It just keeps getting better people! The DUB team is working hard i know, Even though i know much-much more is yet to come from DUB, The sales pages are great, right to the point and very self explained to a potential buyer. Thanks again Kevin and the DUB.io Team, I hope i am the first to sell a domain on the platform, that would be sweet!

•••
@adamson791

What we have learned is that there is no one silver bullet. :) That's good & bad. It's bad because you have to experiment a little - related to your domain, contents related to your domain all given over a certain period of time where traffic grows.

You can also experiment with our "pages" option. This would be more aligned with the traditional approach to domain parking where you show visitors your advertising items immediately. In that sense you're effectively removing the banner blindness that you mentioned because that's all your visitors will see.

If you have a domain that brings in decent amount of traffic naturally due to your domain being short & popular, what we have found is that, almost all types of advertising items work well since you have quite a large amount of traffic to work with.

Our motivation for creating sites is to build traffic with returning visitors over time thereby increasing the popularity of your domain + chance of ads being clicked.

I know that's probably not the answer that you're after. PM me directly or [email protected] any time and we can continue this conversation. Also note that, we are also constantly learning too, about all the different ad platforms and their performance. :)

•••
@Adam27 Nice site. :) haha.

We're planning to showcase some of the domains + sites for sale on Dub soon - so more exposure to all the domains you're selling. :)

•••
Eric @imadoer is right. The setup for Dub.io isn't straightforward.

Here is a guide;

1. Add Domain

Add the domain to your Dub.io account. The sidebar on the left click Domains >> Add Domains

dub 1.png

2. Site Configuration

After you add the site it won't take you to any screens. You will see the domain you just added has been added to your account under "Domains". If you can't find it, search for it in the top right.

You choose to create a "Site" or "Page". I assume everyone wants to do an RSS site.

dub 2.png

3. Configure DNS

After clicking "Site" to add you will be taken to a screen with options to add your domains.

After you choose which method, you'll see this instruction screen. Switch the domain's nameservers or use a CNAME record with your registrar or DNS provider.

Using CNAME means you could use subdomains with Dub.io. Which I've done.

dub 3.png

4. Add Site Info

When you describe the site, that is what will show up in Meta in search engines. Basically a description a user will see before they land on the site.

If you add keywords in the keywords filed, be aware that will pull random keywords into the Dub.io RSS site. I recommend adding specific RSS feeds.

dub 4.png

5. Add Feeds

The next screen will ask you to add a feed to the site. If you don't have one to add, you can always add feeds later.

To do that you would go to the left sidebar click RSS Feeds >> New Feed.

dub 8.png

6. Feed Options (Add Feeds 2)

Here will see you can add the RSS feed URL and Name your feed. Most WP sites you can access the RSS feed URL by going to example.org/feed. Like this https://opticalowl.com/feed

Some feeds use FeedBurner or have another RSS setup. It varies for different sites.

"Filters" menu allows you to use specific keywords or reject certain words on the RSS site.

With Blockchain.link - I pull in a lot of feeds from various coin and crypto sites. I try to have articles only focus on "Blockchain" and related news.

"Categorization" allows you to put the feed into a category. You have to go to "Category" to add a category and then go back to categorization. Kind of annoying. The category will appear on the homepage. I usually name the category after the site feed that is being pulled in. Helps with organization and UX.

dub 9.png

7. Quick Access Sites

If you want to quickly access other RSS sites, click the right downward arrow and you'll see a dropdown of all the sites you have.

dub 7.png

Was this helpful for people?

Last edited:
•••
I'm not sure if someone mentioned this to you DUB.IO. If you have a lot of people putting ads onto their own little mini sites on dub.io.. eventually Google will shutdown your Adsense and black list you.

Just think about it and the lightbulb will light up as to why Google will do this.

•••
@Mister Funsky

Totally agree with you. There are LOTs to do. :) Hopefully we'll get there. Definitely listening to suggestions on what the future paid plans will be. We'll make sure that it's friendly. But for now, we are just focused on our little tool so that it brings value! Look forward to hearing more of your ideas.

•••
@hxp

Here's one I use for one of my domains.

http://loggy.net
http://swimmingly.co/

Pretty simple at the moment. We will be adding more features going forward. Let me know if you're after something particular.

@NitroJunkie If you select a theme for a parking page and then go to "customize" you should be able to type in a URL for an image (or you can upload one). You actually don't need to sign up for unsplash. You just need a URL to one of its images. Find an image that you like, find its URL and then just link it in the "customize" tab. Let me know if you're having trouble. Email or PM me directly and I'll guide you.

•••
Kevin is the God of patience, that's for sure - awesome support!

•••
Hi @Hypersot !

Thank you so much for your comments + feedback - much appreciate it!

a) Yes you can turn this off. The pop-up I guess can be annoying for the visitors. But it's also known to be a very effective way to get people to sign up for newsletters. But this is up to you to turn it on or off. We are definitely considering a more less intrusive way of doing a "call-to-action" item.

b) Dub finds contents based on keywords and RSS feeds. So you would've typed some keywords related to your domain and you can also add RSS feed (or not). The initial set of contents are based on those keywords. And of course you can add/update/remove as you please. And yes you can monetize your sites as you wish. The contents provided are not full-contents. They are from publicly available contents provided by those content providers. You will see that sometimes RSS feeds may only contain a snippet of the content. It's completely up to the publishers on how much to include and Dub fully respects that. But those contents are all public.

c) When you park your domain name, it usually takes a little bit of time for the change to be fully reflected (a couple of hours usually). Rather than making you wait to see your parked sites and pages, Dub gives you your own "secondary" url, which is "something.dub.io". It's just a way for you to quickly view your parked site, while waiting for the domain change to be fully applied. Hope that makes sense.

I mentioned this a few times before, but I do apologize for the lack of "guidelines" available on our site. And also sorry about the navigations being confusing. It's right at the top of our list and we will do something about it very soon. Meanwhile, feedback like yours help us greatly in order to design our product as best as we can.

By all means you can test Dub out as much as you can (or as little as you wish!) - totally up to you. I'll be more than happy to answer any of your questions + concerns.

In terms of the "cost" - let me assure you that our cost won't be prohibitive. We're slowly working through different things for our product and cost is something that we are probably thinking about, but we're not there yet. But no way that we will make our product burdensome on our users after all the work that we've done.

You can always reach me either here, or PM me or email me directly [email protected].

Thanks again for all your comments!

•••
I'm a big fan of dub.io - the parking pages are lovely, just so much better than just a bland sedo page or something - and parking sites feature is a great way to start developing a domain.
Plus, Kevin is extremely helpful with support and bugsquashing.

•••
•••
Thanks Kevin. According to GA, Im getting approx 250-300 unique visitors per day right now (up a few thousand percent each week) and is steadily increasing, so as traffic builds hopefully so will the clicks/impressions/affiliate leads etc and bounce rates reduce.

•••
•••
Hey All, Thought I'd let you know... I have about 30 DUB.IO sites going, so not many. I've only had them up for some a month and some newer. Just to give perspective. But I got my first inquiry generated from one of the DUB.IO sites - got it Monday I believe. I've picked up many Twitter followers as well, but the inquiries are what matter. Try the sites if you are only using parking, it's worth the few mins to set up IMO. Thanks again Kevin

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back