Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Keith, you are good at biting the hand that feeds you so I deliver this with caution:

type in a.co

•••

Last edited:
•••
Keith, you are good at biting the hand that feeds you so I deliver this with caution:

type in a.co

It redirects to amazon.com which is exactly my point. We in the domain world know we can type a.co for quick access to amazon but the general public doesn't know that. I praise overstock for giving o.co a real chance to succeed. As of now it doesn't appear that the strategy of changing to o.co worked but at least the general public had exposure.

Anyhow, .co doesn't feed me. Experience and persistence on the other hand...:bingo:

•••
Some extensions are fine for URL shorteners, redirects or domain hacks.
But end users would never use them as primary domains. Because they know better.
That's the way it is.

Even if they paid 6 figures, it doesn't change things. Unless they advertise the domains heavily.

•••
Some extensions are fine for URL shorteners, redirects or domain hacks.
But end users would never use them as primary domains. Because they know better.
That's the way it is.

Even if they paid 6 figures, it doesn't change things. Unless they advertise the domains heavily.

Some have and do. Many entrepreneurs who are actually website builders don't really care.

•••
I had an inquiry the other day from a decent sized clothing company.
I asked how they heard about .co and they said a few of their suppliers use them.

•••

Last edited:
•••
Their current domain is a two word .com
They were inquiring about the 1st word in their name .co

•••
Their current domain is a two word .com
They were inquiring about the 1st word in their name .co

Are you negotiating the price now?

•••
they are feeling for a price which I havn't provided.

•••

Last edited:
•••
I have just sold a .co for more than $5k

•••
•••
•••
So Jerry Siegel owns S.co? I'm confused.

Jerry Siegel is my husband, and he doesn't own S.co.

:)

Seriously, though, the Jerry Siegel of Superman fame is deceased and actually received very little compensation for his and Shuster's creation of Superman.

And, yes, my husband's name IS Jerry Siegel, which causes quite a bit of discussion when people first meet him.

He's a sweetie, but has absolutely 0 artistic talent, though he is smart and funny.

•••
It's interesting because you seem to get quite a few offers on that one.

Yes, that is true. :tu:
But all were low ballers/ domain name callers.

I'm not holding Pisces for my grand kids. :D it will be sold when the weather changes. :guilty:

In the meanwhile, I will be chilling it out on the beach... :snaphappy:

.CO can take a break while I am gone. :D

Adios Amigos,
3D
:wave:

•••

Last edited:
•••
"Godaddy Set Sales Record For Super Bowl Sunday"
Code:
http://www.thedomains.com/2012/02/06/godaddy-set-sales-record-for-super-bowl-sunday/

•••
Mike Berkens is also saying that there is a bigger .co sale to be reported this week.

"Godaddy Set Sales Record For Super Bowl Sunday"
Code:
http://www.thedomains.com/2012/02/06/godaddy-set-sales-record-for-super-bowl-sunday/

•••
Incase anybody missed it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4igYHZ-hmGo"]Godaddy Super Bowl Ad 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

•••
•••
If anyone's interested they should check out Frank Shilling's .co portfolio at domainnamesales.com/name-search

He has tons of .co and many great ones. I'm sure he has a couple thousand there.

I should add this: Are all the domains for sale there his?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just reged icic.CO, what do you think about?

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
Meristation.CO is on Sedo auction at $500 - to the mods: it's not mine.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back