Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I guess many companies and deep pocket domain investors are seeing this as a real brand opportunity as they are snapping up all the premiums
I think they're seeing it as a quick flip opportunity rather than a brand opportunity tbh. They're looking to flip the 'premium' names to people like you. And second tier names aren't really going anywhere, why 'rush' for them at all? It's not like you'll be able to sell them immediately after registration in any case. :p

Just got the same letter, some of my tops removed, just 7 though. So still Im thinking im gonna end up with 10-12
mmmm, not really. :) And specially not with registrars selling positions in their queues. :lol:

Pure greed.
Another 50k never hurt anyone, but are you really surprised by all this? A few of us pointed this out right in the beginning.

•••
I wouldn't say it's been a horrible experience just yet. I'm still waiting until 2pm tomorrow to make a judgment call. By the way, a lot of registrars are saying to be patient, that it may take several hours to hear about the status of your names.

Should we create a new thread dedicated to the .CO names we end up getting, or are people going to post them here?

Good luck everybody :) (even though it's not really in our hands)

•••
I lost 4 more domains.. 13 total out of 22.. I probably will end up with 1 or 2. lol

Last edited:
•••
Very shady activity!

I lost 4 more domains.. 13 total out of 22.. I probably will end up with 1 or 2. lol

Yes. It seems there's some very shady activity going on with these domains. First, they extended Landrush by 2 days... as if we really wanted them to do that... And now they're slowly picking off the 'good pre-registrations'... 1 by 1.

It's almost as if they're having a roundtable discussion, reviewing the best names and then dropping them from the pre-registration pool!....

In my case, I lost every single name...

However, I see that a few of you have a decent chance at landing a few good domains.

Last edited:
•••
I am shocked that a country with such a fine reputation as Colombia would have such a shady allocation process. :rolleyes:

This was so predictable to start with. The only people who make money with new extensions are the registry, and a handful of insiders and people who are able to game the system.

Brad

•••
We have had these extensions promoted as a .com alternative (essentiall typo purposes)
.cc
.cm
now .co
what's next .c and then ultimately just (.) (now that would be something .blank, I am waiting for that one..!!!)

whats next...no extension at all... it'll be: "dub dub dub". hotels
...thats it.. no dot... no extension at all :)

yes I'm kiding.

The best of luck to everyone on the 20th. This has been an interesting and somewhat confusing experience.. and it's only just begun. Hoping to see some 5 & 6 figure sales on dnj in a couple of years..

Last edited:
•••
•••
whats next...no extension at all... it'll be: "dub dub dub". hotels
...thats it.. no dot... no extension at all :)

yes I'm kiding.

The best of luck to everyone on the 20th. This has been an interesting and somewhat confusing experience.. and it's only just begun. Hoping to see some 5 & 6 figure sales on dnj in a couple of years..

Man.. I needed that laugh! :hehe:

Now all I need is a cold... frosty... beer! Anyone care to join me?.....

•••
The big 6 figure .co sale:

Overstock.com has purchased o.co for $350,000.

•••
Amazon.com purchased a.co for 6 figures too.

•••
I doubt the L.co were ever released, so it is my guess any that has sold was by the registry itself.

Brad

•••
Just curious, I havent been following this too closely

If there are names showing as being available, when is the best time to grab them, when are the general public able to grab them?

Sorry for my ignorance...thanks

•••
Just curious, I havent been following this too closely

If there are names showing as being available, when is the best time to grab them, when are the general public able to grab them?

Sorry for my ignorance...thanks

shhhhhh..

they are taking orders now....... hurry ehehehhehhe

resellerclub cost is only $25

Last edited:
•••
Will the price come down once the registration is open or will it be always close to $25.
I have some names on mind but will not pre-order if the price comes down.
Your views please??

•••
It was $219 for the landrush. So I think this is the the regular price for a .co domain.

•••
Funny, they accepted my pre-orders, charged my card and now say the domains have already been registered.

Why accept pre-orders then? :D

Guess I'll sit this one out and wait for the dust to settle.

•••
Will the price come down once the registration is open or will it be always close to $25.
I have some names on mind but will not pre-order if the price comes down.
Your views please??

Probably, I don't remember exactly but the price for com.co and net.co was around 30 $ few months ago, now is 19,99 USD at Godaddy.

•••
Do I have any chance of getting a name which has been pre ordered on Godayy,DM and every place where they accept only single name.
If yes,where should I pre-order it now?

•••
I have pre-ordered 9 names on NameJet; 5 of which are not available now!

Last edited:
•••
Do I have any chance of getting a name which has been pre ordered on Godayy,DM and every place where they accept only single name.
If yes,where should I pre-order it now?

Last chance against Godaddy, Domainmonster, Networksolutions etc Melbourne IT , around 70 USD, is accredited, didn't tested the service, it's only a sugestion or try 300.com.co

•••
I also pre-ordered my first name...

•••
Back In the Game!

Last chance against Godaddy, Domainmonster, Networksolutions etc Melbourne IT , around 70 USD, is accredited, didn't tested the service, it's only a sugestion or try 300.com.co

I just pre ordered with Name.com. I know it's a shot in the dark, but it's at least worth the try. Name.com .CO pre-registrations @$28.00

All I have to do now is wait and see!.....

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Hey man.... It looks as if MelbourneIT is live for General Availability.

Is that right?....

Last edited:
•••
I don't know, is showing "Request in progress. Please wait ..." but nothing happens.

•••
I doubt the L.co were ever released, so it is my guess any that has sold was by the registry itself.

Brad

I believe that is correct.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back