IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Buddy. Get a grip. I was not making an appraisal with Cheddarfactory.co, I was using it as an arbitrary example to make a point. You should read the full context of that discussion. I offered no appraisal.

I'm so happy we have someone here to discriminate, for all of us, fact from fiction. Makes me feel real secure to have such a wonderful patriarchal figure around who can show me the ropes.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Yep, and people who invest in new extensions are pretty much always new to domains, and disappear after 1-2 years when they realize their "investments" have no value.

What "hard work"? Do you think endlessly promoting .CO one some domain forum is going to do anything to help its value?

Right now with .CO the good keywords are all overpriced, and no one will ever want most of the keywords the average domainer has.

Brad

1. I was referring to the .co registry, not to myself or this forum.

2. As far as I can see, you were saying that you were going to wait on the sideline to see how things panned out. Everyone has their own risk management plan and I respect everyone's.

•••
Buddy. Get a grip. I was not making an appraisal with Cheddarfactory.co, I was using it as an arbitrary example to make a point. You should read the full context of that discussion. I offered no appraisal.

I'm so happy we have someone here to discriminate, for all of us, fact from fiction. Makes me feel real secure to have such a wonderful patriarchal figure around who can show me the ropes.

Indeed-you didn't offer an appraisal on CHEDDARFACTORY.CO. You appraisals can be found everywhere where you put a "$" sign at. :lol:
And in fact, I never said you offered an appraisal on cheddarfactory.co. It was about the REGISTRATION-NOT APPRAISAL.. Are you reading words which I never typed?
In fact-it doesn't matter what I say because your past posts show that you indeed ENCOURAGED the registration of CHEDDARFACTORY.CO...

Now that I provided some "citing" you try to dismiss it?

Now I see!! Your past posts are also irrelevant... it's in the past.. :lol:

Nubiano :wave:

Last edited:
•••
Indeed-you didn't offer an appraisal on CHEDDARFACTORY.CO. You appraisals can be found everywhere where you put a "$" sign at. :lol:
And in fact, I never said you offered an appraisal on cheddarfactory.co. It was about the REGISTRATION-NOT APPRAISAL.. Are you reading words which I never typed?
In fact-it doesn't matter what I say because your past posts show that you indeed ENCOURAGED the registration of CHEDDARFACTORY.CO...

Now that I provided some "citing" you try to dismiss it?

Now I see!! Your past posts are also irrelevant... it's in the past.. :lol:

Nubiano :wave:

1. First you accused me of something I didn't do and then you read something out of context and then you tell me I encouraged someone to register the domain that you read out of context. Wunderbar. Some people should stop while their ahead.

2. Correct.

•••
I find quite often people who are willing to give such definitive predictions of the future are more often then not, wrong. This happens a lot in stock trading.
Doesn't that apply to the cheerleaders as well ?

•••
I don't think it's a strong move to insert Rick's "calculated" risks. Why, I say this is because well, if Rick said the smart thing to do tomorrow was to jump into lake Michigan, there are going to be a LOT of people following his word.

•••
This thread is about Discussion and Showcase of the .co
it is NOT about your personal opinions of each other and it's
NOT about trying to convince everyone why it's good/bad
if it can't be discussed without strong arming tactics, it will be gone.

Take the personal stuff out and if you have .co news post it
but the fighting, arguing and dissecting of EVERY word in EVERY
post is getting to be a little repetitive.

Either it stops and it carries on like normal or the thread will be closed...

Some people like it, some people don't but everyone is entitled to their OWN opinion
and it needs to be respected.

Please, get this back on track!

•••
Another CO Domain Sells For $15K
Domain News & TipsNo Responses »
Dec

DNJournal just released their weekly domain sales reports and another .CO domain made the list!

Auctions.co hit the #14 spot on the list with a huge $15,000 sale on Sedo. Talk about an AMAZING domain name! This one would fit me perfectly! Too bad I’m about $14,500 short of the selling price!

This domain has some serious potential and I HOPE that the new owner develops it. Since I am an avid seller of collectibles, I would love to have an alternate place to sell my items.

I have said it before and I will say it again – there is money to be made with .CO domains. Some gems are still potentially out there so have some faith and keep looking! I have been buying MANY 3 letter .CO domains for about $20. 3 letter domains are rare in any extension – let alone one that is being treated as a top level domain.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Doesn't that apply to the cheerleaders as well ?

I have never given a definitive prediction about .co. I stay away from sooth-saying because I'm not a sooth-sayer. But I know good fundamentals when I see it.

•••
Another CO Domain Sells For $15K
Domain News & TipsNo Responses »
Dec

DNJournal just released their weekly domain sales reports and another .CO domain made the list!

Auctions.co hit the #14 spot on the list with a huge $15,000 sale on Sedo. Talk about an AMAZING domain name! This one would fit me perfectly! Too bad I’m about $14,500 short of the selling price!

This domain has some serious potential and I HOPE that the new owner develops it. Since I am an avid seller of collectibles, I would love to have an alternate place to sell my items.

I have said it before and I will say it again – there is money to be made with .CO domains. Some gems are still potentially out there so have some faith and keep looking! I have been buying MANY 3 letter .CO domains for about $20. 3 letter domains are rare in any extension – let alone one that is being treated as a top level domain.

Unless I am drunk off Orange Juice, where is this link? I can't see it.

•••
Unless I am drunk off Orange Juice, where is this link? I can't see it.

If ya just head on over to DNjournal.com, you'll find it on this week's sales list.

•••
I have said it before and I will say it again – there is money to be made with .CO domains.
Sure there is money to be made, especially when you are a registrar or the registry.

Once again, auctions.co is a sale by Mike Mann. A few people are making money out of the extension, and it's not by chance. They have been successful in other extensions before.

I'm curious how much he originally paid for that domain. Because the best domains were auctioned off by the registry during sunrise. It's a rigged game because the higher prices paid in these auctions make flipping difficult.
Of course you can replace .co with .me, .mobi or .next.

•••
Sure there is money to be made, especially when you are a registrar or the registry.

Once again, auctions.co is a sale by Mike Mann. A few people are making money out of the extension, and it's not by chance. They have been successful in other extensions before.

I'm curious how much he originally paid for that domain. Because the best domains were auctioned off by the registry during sunrise. It's a rigged game because the higher prices paid in these auctions make flipping difficult.

The vast majority of the premium .CO (39,000) were gone before open registration began. "Auctions" is a premium keyword, far better than any I have seen the average person selling.

These sales for top tier keywords give a realistic view of the actual resale market.

It basically shows only top tier keywords have good reseller value. Most of regs in this thread have very little value at this point.

Brad

•••

I believe mis_chiff has instructed those on this form to keep to .co news otherwise the thread will be extinguished. I'm not sure what you are saying qualifies as .co news.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

The vast majority of the premium .CO (39,000) were gone before open registration began. "Auctions" is a premium keyword, far better than any I have seen the average person selling.

These sales for top tier keywords give a realistic view of the actual resale market.

It basically shows only top tier keywords have good reseller value. Most of regs in this thread have very little value at this point.

Brad

This also works in the opposite direction. Safer.co sold for $2700, HiltonHead.co for $3000 and Artemis.co I believe sold for $2200. That would make a lot of the names in this thread worth more than those since those are not so great keywords at higher prices.

•••
I believe mis_chiff has instructed those on this form to keep to .co news otherwise the thread will be extinguished. I'm not sure what you are saying qualifies as .co news.

This is a discussion thread, which includes both sides of the debate. I am pretty sure mis_chiff has no problem with valid points being made on either side.

I am pretty sure the problem lies in the personal attacks of some in this thread.

Brad

•••
This is a discussion thread, which includes both sides of the debate. I am pretty sure mis_chiff has no problem with valid points being made on either side.

I am pretty sure the problem lies in the personal attacks of some in this thread.

Brad

I wouldn't call that one side of a debate. I would call that complaining about a registry and a successful domain investor. Don't really see the take on .co news.

I am well aware of mis_chiff's intention to cut out personal remarks. But thanks anyway.

•••
This also works in the opposite direction. Safer.co sold for $2700, HiltonHead.co for $3000 and Artemis.co I believe sold for $2200. That would make a lot of the names in this thread worth more than those since those are not so great keywords at higher prices.

Well, there will always be fluke sales in any extension. You can't build a business on them.

There is a difference between "reseller" and "end user" value.

Reseller value is basically a domains liquid value to another reseller. End user the sky is the limit.

Brad

•••
Well, there will always be fluke sales in any extension. You can't build a business on them.

There is a difference between "reseller" and "end user" value.

Reseller value is basically a domains liquid value to another reseller. End user the sky is the limit.

Brad

I know the difference between the two. I'm not sure if these were reseller, but auctions.co could have also been reseller. I'm unsure of the buyers.

"Fluke"? :bah: I'm really not that superstitious.

•••
.co is going to go far because its the prince next to the king. For anyone on the fence or feeling argumentative, it's a no brainer to why .co will make headway.

•••
you know thats exactly what everyone here does when people write things that others dont like they then pick on the comments and make it into a childlike game.
I was asked a question i answered it whether its .co news or not i was asked a question and i responded dont get on at me i am not ignorant and will answer questions when asked

I was alerting you to that fact, that's all. Perhaps you hadn't seen the warning?
It has nothing to do with a "child-like " game. There are forum rules, that's it. Period.

•••
DomainsBot to Prominently Feature .CO in Search Results of Leading Domain Name Suggestion Service

http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20101201/bs_prweb/prweb4846784_1

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

“Due to the scarcity of viable .com web addresses, the demand for credible domain name options has exploded,” said Daniel Ruzzini Mejia, Co-Founder & CSO, DomainsBot. “With more than 600,000 new domain name registrations in just a few short months, the new .CO domain is quickly becoming the premier alternative of choice for our users.”

•••
[/COLOR]“Due to the scarcity of viable .com web addresses, the demand for credible domain name options has exploded,” said Daniel Ruzzini Mejia, Co-Founder & CSO, DomainsBot. “With more than 600,000 new domain name registrations in just a few short months, the new .CO domain is quickly becoming the premier alternative of choice for our users.”

Registry to promote their own extension? This is unheard of :)

•••
it is a registrar releasing this PR, not the registry.

•••
DomainsBot.com actually released this information. They are a well known suggestion tool, not a registrar. They only have links to well-known registrars.

•••
Looking at Goddady's page, they're all .COM.CO.

If that's the case, these sites are completely worthless for typo purposes.

there is plenty of traffic on .com.co

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back