BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Matt,
the new DNS system is fantastic - this is clearly the best new improvement in the whole parking industry for many years !

it really made me angry every time i added a newly bought domain to the system and some leech added it to his/hers evenso they never owned it as the domain was used for 10 years as a website and never was parked ( which you can see on the wayback machine ) but every sinlge time i bought a domain at namejet ,that leech already added it to bodis system hoping to make a few bucks until the domain is moved to the right owner .

( the same thing is going on with parked for a long time )

anyway this new inovation of yours will but a stop to this.

great job ! :blink:

•••
Yes. There is a gigantically huge innovation on getting more revenue from domains, but it will be released in time for Domainfest 2012 (February 2012).

Okay for teenagers to wait that long (only kidding)

** Since I don't advertise my domains I am ok to kid I guess :)

•••
@cfguru360 , I have changed my DNS to the new account id on:

NS1.XXXXX.BODIS.COM

I seem to be getting an error when I visit a domain after I made the change

•••
@cfguru360 , I have changed my DNS to the new account id on:

NS1.XXXXX.BODIS.COM

I seem to be getting an error when I visit a domain after I made the change

Can you please tell me the USER ID and the error you are seeing?

And also the domain name.

•••
•••
I think what I was curious about was the keyword selection for a domain that hasn't previously been pointed toward Bodis. What happens in this case, when the first visit as you suggest, triggers the domain on my personalized DNS?

I mean how can the site be optimized if there is no preset keyword when someone triggers it the first time - what do they see (random stuff)?

Curious...that's all. Most of what you do is pretty awesome. :)

•••
Hello 'Matt,

Please checked my PM. The new templates really-really destroy my revenues.

Really appreciate if you could changed them back to what they used to be.

•••
I obviously didn't ask a valid question...lol. :D

•••
Revenue today is too low! What has happened?
The whole week average pay per click was about 0,15$, but today is about 0.07$ per click!

Last edited:
•••
Warning: Unknown: open(C:\WINDOWS\Temp\sess_45o22pp76lb2ivecat1c3pto94, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (C:\WINDOWS\Temp) in Unknown on line 0

this is what i receive when try to login

•••
Disk full lol. Time to add monitoring tools.
I suggest Nagios (if available for windows platforms).

•••
I obviously didn't ask a valid question...lol. :D

You were asking about the new templates? I cannot tell specifically, but I had my best month parking ever in October and Bodis got their biggest share of that ever at almost 50%. November is down a bit which is a bit of a surprise because it's usually my 2nd biggest month of the year behind December. But its still going to be a big month. Again Bodis around the 50% mark. So. Overall, I think the new templates have been a revenue booster :)

•••
Disk issue has been resolved. It only affected Bodis.com website, not any of the parked domains as those are not ran on that server.

Thanks.

•••
what about October payment?

•••
November is my best month.

•••
You were asking about the new templates? I cannot tell specifically, but I had my best month parking ever in October and Bodis got their biggest share of that ever at almost 50%. November is down a bit which is a bit of a surprise because it's usually my 2nd biggest month of the year behind December. But its still going to be a big month. Again Bodis around the 50% mark. So. Overall, I think the new templates have been a revenue booster :)

No Stub, I wasn't asking about that but thank you for the information - it is useful.

What I was asking about was what is shown to a new visitor to domain (one that has not been at bodis previously) that gets triggerd with the new individualized DNS, when no keyword has been set.

Maybe I am the only one that has thaught about that - just the way my mind works. :D

Last edited:
•••
I'm assuming the auto-optimization engine takes over. Visitor search within the parked page will eventually generate ads based on keywords of what people are looking for. In the meantime, I would assume it's the standard credit card and other higher paying keywords that would show up. I would also assume that it would attempt to figure out a keyword from the domain name itself, but as most people know that doesn't always get you the right keyword.

•••
•••
@firefly - If no keyword it set, then as ebatcave said, I guess it is auto-optimized (anyway). But either way, Google may just decide to ignore any keywords sent and use their own.

•••
95%+ of all Bodis parked domains don't have a master keyword. You can add domains without a master keyword. Our system internally figures it out and uses one, just like a user entry.

As a matter of fact, I've extensively tested someone that sets keywords really well VS our system, and our system tied it or outperformed it by just a tad, so actually custom master keywords typically don't help.

So the auto-DNS system works the same way as adding a domain via UI without a master keyword.

On top of that, now our upstream provider chooses both keywords & ads the majority of times (as per our recent requirements), which means we don't even get much of a say anymore on keywords. (However this might change in the future as there are many clauses on why that is the case now).

We can suggest to them individual keywords or multiple keywords, but they choose if they want to listen to the suggestion or ignore it. And most of the time, the upstream provider ignores it in favor of their own keywords.

PS
The old templates have been re-enabled on those domains that they have performed better on.

Last edited:
•••
So Matt, are you are saying it's better to remove all our master keywords? If yes, then please remove all mine.

•••
So Matt, are you are saying it's better to remove all our master keywords? If yes, then please remove all mine.

Fair question and one I am interested in seeing an answer to. :)

•••
Again

Warning: Unknown: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (C:\WINDOWS\Temp) in Unknown on line 0

Also revenue in the December much smaller than in the November . Why ?
For example revenue for the saturday in December two times less than the same one in the November.
And revenue in the end of the November were more real than revenue in the beginning of the December.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back