IT.COM

Biggest Mistake MADE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JamesDavid

www.JamesDavid.comEstablished Member
Impact
I thought it would be informative if some people wanted to share the biggest mistake they MADE. NOT the biggest mistake they didn't do. People wont learn from your mistake "I thought of facebook but never developed it".

What will be informative is if people just say a mistake they MADE.

I will go first..

I can say the biggest mistake I have MADE would be buying into the gTLD hype and registering 5 .asia domains.. I want to say that at the time I pre-ordered them they were like almost $200 a piece..

I secured 5... and let the 5 drop after the first 2 years...

It was a costly mistake as the $1000 could have been used elsewhere..

I will NEVER buy into the gTLD hype again..

:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I purchased CSSU.com for $5000. He got me good. I can't even get a good $500 for it on GoDaddy Auctions.

That's a nice domain but yeah you did overpay. Did you have a development idea in mind when you bought it?

•••
I bought a Hp Probook 4530s laptop that was a faulty piece and it cost me a fortune to get it repaired. Tried calling the Hp service center, online chatted them, but them were soo anonymous regarding the guidance. a laptop that i bought after collecting my hard earned $550 took another $300 in BIOS repair that'd crash infinitely. Finally sold the piece for $195....

•••
My biggest mistake was contributing more to DNF.com than NamePros, other than that, my biggest domaining mistake was parking at DomainSponsor and earning pennies when I could have been earning well over 8 times more elsewhere, so I found out later.... years later.

•••
My biggest mistake was contributing more to DNF.com than NamePros, other than that, my biggest domaining mistake was parking at DomainSponsor and earning pennies when I could have been earning well over 8 times more elsewhere, so I found out later.... years later.

I think i'll add parking at sedo

•••
A mistake I've made was buying a domain based on Goog returns enclosed in quote marks. normally this gives a good indication of searches, like the keyword tool, but I didn't notice the small print that said it was searching for it's preferred phrase and not what I entered, which was in small print "Would you rather search for [my keywords]. Their substituted phrase was 500k returns; the search I wanted, it turns out, only had a few hundred returns.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back