Dynadot

AdSense for Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From my inbox:

Many publishers have approached us looking for a way to monetize their domains, and today, we're excited to announce the expansion of AdSense for domains. This product allows publishers to earn revenue through ads placed on undeveloped domains.

With AdSense for domains, users can find relevant information rather than see empty pages or "page not found" errors. Today we present ads, links, and search results on the pages, and may add other useful information in the future. To ensure positive user experience and the quality of our network, these sites are monitored for policy compliance and prohibited from using text and images designed to confuse users.

Advertisers also have additional opportunities to find their customers, and ads on these pages convert well. In addition, we regularly receive requests from advertisers who have found domains to be an effective way to reach their users.

The product will be initially rolled out in phases to English-language AdSense publishers located in North America, and we'll expand to additional regions and languages in the future. To check whether AdSense for domains has been enabled for your account, log in and visit your AdSense Setup tab. For more information, please visit our Help Center.

Here's the link to the official announcement:

http://adsense.blogspot.com/

Well? Is this a gamechanger or not?

I don't show it in my own account as yet.

Can't help but wonder what this means to the parking companies with Google feeds, like SEDO, Fabulous, and all the others. Whoosh! This one caught me by surprise.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
mis_chiff said:
It's frustrating not knowing which ones are performing,
but as long as they keep performing - I don't mind!

Hopefully AFD will come up with a better report system,
so we can see the breakdown.

You can break it down by each individual domain name. It's tedious to do, because you have to do a report on each domain separately over and over, but you can do it. I did it.

•••
greggish said:
You can break it down by each individual domain name. It's tedious to do, because you have to do a report on each domain separately over and over, but you can do it. I did it.
Do you mean by adding individual channels?

•••
No. Not channels. Hold on. I'm going into my AFD panel now and I'll give you the step by step, to get the earning data for each individual domain.

•••
greggish said:
No. Not channels. Hold on. I'm going into my AFD panel now and I'll give you the step by step, to get the earning data for each individual domain.

Great, thanks :)

•••
Click on the Advanced Reports tab at the top

Select "Adsense For Domains" from the dropdown at the top left

At the top right where it says "Show" mark the radio button for "Domain data"

A big new dropdown box will appear with all your domains. Click in the box for one of them that you want to run a report on

Choose the date range for the report on the top left

Click "Display Report"

Repeat for each individual domain

Last edited:
•••
Thanks very much greggish,
so if you only choose 1 domain at a time, it gives
only those individual stats? (if I'm reading it correctly)

B-)

•••
mis_chiff said:

B-)

Yup. Like I said it's tedious and time consuming. But you can break down the data for each domain.

•••
greggish said:
Yup. Like I said it's tedious and time consuming. But you can break down the data for each domain.

Which makes it easier to figure out which ones aren't
pulling their own weight!
Thanks again rep+

•••
You're very welcome. Thanks for the rep. Google really does have to improve their reporting system. I only have 19 domains in AFD now, and that's bad enough. Imagine how crazy it would be to try and do this domain by domain with hundreds of them.

•••
AFD needs to be improved,

unless the keyword is in the beginning of the domain, the results will be all skewed up.
despite indicating what keywords to use.

example: uglyhomes
results: general ugly this, ugly that - nothing about homes in particular.

This scenario is true for nearly all of the domains I have used there that follow this format.

•••
Corgi I'm having a similar problem. I have a 2 word domain that gets type-ins that starts with "tux". Tux is the mascot and symbol for Linux. I put in the keyword hint "Linux", but the ads are still only for tuxedo rentals. The people that are typing it in are only looking for Linux related stuff.

•••
mis_chiff said:

B-)

There is a way to see all your domains and their performance at the same time.
Go into Advanced Reports, choose product 'Adsense for Domains'.
Choose a date range, select 'domain data'. In the active domains list select 'All' beneath that select 'Group by: Domain'.
Click on 'display report', you will get a list of all your domains and how each is doing.

•••
•••
Thanks Len ;)
edited my last response cause now I see it :lol:

•••
Len said:
There is a way to see all your domains and their performance at the same time.
Go into Advanced Reports, choose product 'Adsense for Domains'.
Choose a date range, select 'domain data'. In the active domains list select 'All' beneath that select 'Group by: Domain'.
Click on 'display report', you will get a list of all your domains and how each is doing.
ooops, nvm :red:

•••
In addition to what Len detailed, you can also save the report template. I saved it and named it "This Month". Now whenever I go to the "Advanced Reports" tab in the top dropdown box marked "Report Templates" I can just select "This Month". Very cool.

•••
I'm having an issue with domains that have been initally rejected, but are now allowed - due to the petitioning process.

All of the names that have originally been rejected, but now are allowed - after petioning, don't work...all they show are blank pages.

Any of you having the same issue?

•••
corgi said:
I'm having an issue with domains that have been initally rejected, but are now allowed - due to the petitioning process.

All of the names that have originally been rejected, but now are allowed - after petioning, don't work...all they show are blank pages.

Any of you having the same issue?

Are they still pending ownership verification?
Or has it passed that stage?

After mine was re-approved, it took about 24hrs for ads to show up.

•••
mis_chiff said:
Are they still pending ownership verification?
Or has it passed that stage?

After mine was re-approved, it took about 24hrs for ads to show up.

It's passed that stage.

Yet it still shows a blank page.

I tried resetting the DNS, cname, etc. infos as well.
I also removed the name from AFD, then resubmitted it.

It still shows a blank page.

•••
corgi said:
It still shows a blank page.

Sometimes the cache can be playing tricks :gl:
Just sent you a PM

•••
any domain that is parked with adsense for google, can i see that domain?

and i want to see how ads appear.

•••
tvdotcoms said:
any domain that is parked with adsense for google, can i see that domain?

and i want to see how ads appear.

There are different templates, take a look at georgianbay.tv, aimee.tv and gymnastic.tv

•••
I notice Google arnt putting their name anywhere on the parked pages, looks as though they are not entirely giving this the "Google Stamp" of approval so to speak.

Maybe im being cynical here, but i sense this is bottom of the barrel, lowball advertisers being grudgingly given ads to keep the revenue ticking over.

I would realy think it in Googles best interests to not be shifty about this parking strategy and put the brand into making it work.

•••
Well, twice now I have posted asking for some confirmation that traffic from links are not allowed by Google and have not heard anything. So I'm going to assume that it was a mistake and that any form of non-fraud that is not mentioned in the Google TOS IS allowed.

Traffic update: I still have not made anything after 1,165 impressions on 11 domains. This is the same thing I was seeing while they were parked elsewhere, so I'm thinking the domains may just be cursed and I should try and sell them under the "Domains for sale with traffic" topic... :)

•••
nielsencl said:
Well, twice now I have posted asking for some confirmation that traffic from links are not allowed by Google and have not heard anything. So I'm going to assume that it was a mistake and that any form of non-fraud that is not mentioned in the Google TOS IS allowed.

Traffic update: I still have not made anything after 1,165 impressions on 11 domains. This is the same thing I was seeing while they were parked elsewhere, so I'm thinking the domains may just be cursed and I should try and sell them under the "Domains for sale with traffic" topic... :)

Do you have any idea where your traffic is coming from? There is an option to change the language if needed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back