Domain Empire

AdSense for Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From my inbox:

Many publishers have approached us looking for a way to monetize their domains, and today, we're excited to announce the expansion of AdSense for domains. This product allows publishers to earn revenue through ads placed on undeveloped domains.

With AdSense for domains, users can find relevant information rather than see empty pages or "page not found" errors. Today we present ads, links, and search results on the pages, and may add other useful information in the future. To ensure positive user experience and the quality of our network, these sites are monitored for policy compliance and prohibited from using text and images designed to confuse users.

Advertisers also have additional opportunities to find their customers, and ads on these pages convert well. In addition, we regularly receive requests from advertisers who have found domains to be an effective way to reach their users.

The product will be initially rolled out in phases to English-language AdSense publishers located in North America, and we'll expand to additional regions and languages in the future. To check whether AdSense for domains has been enabled for your account, log in and visit your AdSense Setup tab. For more information, please visit our Help Center.

Here's the link to the official announcement:

http://adsense.blogspot.com/

Well? Is this a gamechanger or not?

I don't show it in my own account as yet.

Can't help but wonder what this means to the parking companies with Google feeds, like SEDO, Fabulous, and all the others. Whoosh! This one caught me by surprise.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
newviewit said:
Total page impressions: 227
Results page impressions: 3
Revenue: $0.8 on 3 clicks

However, those 3 clicks occurred on my first day at Adsense. For the past 3-4 days I have had over 200 page impressions with 0 clicks, $0.

The revenue came from keywords that Adsense says are worth $1-$30/click with active advertisers, but I'm getting something like $0.1-.3/click.

So far the only thing G is registering is clicks made through search type in (result page impressions) and search links on the side. No revenue coming from anything outside of search... why is this? Is anyone getting clicks outside of search?

The click through rate is rock bottom... 1% click through rate. If nobody clicks on ads how is anyone supposed to make any money off of this? I'm willing to give it another week then it's back to parked.
How in the world are you finding number of clicks?? Google AFD stats page only shows:

- Total page impressions
- Landing page impressions
- Results page impressions
- Page eCPM
- Earnings

From just those stats it would seem impossible to determine "number of clicks" or "CTR".

•••
l2ride55 said:
What about your Adsense CP?

I refuse to use it, but there's a bunch of people that sure know their click count.

L2
L2,

Well, Adsense for Content and AdSense for Search DO show "Clicks" and "Page CTR", but AdSense for Domains ONLY shows the stats I enumerated above (NO clicks and NO CTR). So, unless there is some other way to get those numbers, I suspect people are misinterpreting their AFD stats - you can only determine how many visitors landed on your page and how many clicked on one or more of the "Related Topics" (link to another ad page) - NOT if they clicked on an ad - therefore, you also can NOT determine CTR (to ads).

•••
L2,

"Aunt Sally"!!! :hehe: ROTFLMAO

•••
Just an update -
The .ca that AFD had initially rejected has since been approved!
the re-submission does work!

•••
mis_chiff said:
Just an update -
The .ca that AFD had initially rejected has since been approved!
the re-submission does work!

Thanks for mentioning that. I just checked one that got approved on re-submision.

It may not be a big deal, I don't seem to being doing very well with AFD anyway.

•••
So is anybody actually making money with AFD?

Donny

•••
Only person I heard of making money on it on any of the boards and forums where I participate is Varon.

•••
i put 6 names on AFD the first day and it sucks more than i could have imagined.

•••
Out of the names i tested (3) 2 I put back to where they were and 1 I am leaving at AFD since it is making a couple bucks per day compared to 3 or 4 bucks a month at SedoPro before.

So answer is, it doesnt work on every name. I have not moved any of my real moneymakers to AFD.

•••
mindless said:
Out of the names i tested (3) 2 I put back to where they were and 1 I am leaving at AFD since it is making a couple bucks per day compared to 3 or 4 bucks a month at SedoPro before.

So answer is, it doesnt work on every name. I have not moved any of my real moneymakers to AFD.
Like all available sources, some names do better at some places than others.

•••
I'm testing 1, last 7 days:

ecpm|earnings
$13.37|$4.12

better than it performed w/AdSense

wish google would provide CTR/CPC

•••
I tried about 50 names, only domains that were not with "us", and only one did better so far. It's been about 2 weeks now. I actually thought it would have been much better.

Donny

•••
I moved a couple of my domains from Moniker and GoDaddy and they are resolving now.

I tried to move some .asia domains from Eurodns, changed AName & CName with AFD specifics and return the NameServer with Eurodns, I only get a blank page with a 404 error on my browser? Does anyone know if .asia is working with AFD?

So far 4 days, I get Total page impressions, Landing page impressions, Results page Impressions but no Earnings.

•••
because by now seem a poor performance in general

•••
I thought I'd point this out from the licence agreement in case any of you missed it: "all queries must originate from individual human end users inputting a URL directly into the address bar of an Internet browser."

Like I said before I expect they will drop you from the serps if you park your domain with google. This caveat from the license agreement basically says they won't pay you for a click unless its true type-in traffic. (no expired SE traffic, no traffic from other SE's, no traffic from backlinks.) Google is fishing for the pure generics here.
This seems important and maybe there are more clicks but Google can see oh that came from a link or some other place and we do not count it. Maybe people are getting clicks and Google does not credit. That might be the reason why they cutting out the parking companies they want the direct look, use the info and only pay for a type in and not anything else. Donny could you as a trusted parking company comment on that ? Could they be only paying for a click they know is typed in to the browser and not an old link or search

•••
Google is much better at sharing their information between different departments/products than anybody that I know of. So do I think anybody who uses their AFD system will lose their search engine listings? Maybe not today, but you will very soon. The information will be passed to all of the different products, and it's not that they will be banned, they will just be flagged as being parked of some type.

The best traffic that any domain can have is search engine traffic and the most profitable is Yahoo first, then Google, then MSN. The reason it's in this order is based on the type/age of the users that use each search engine. So do I think Google will not pay for traffic from their engine(s), possibly. But I think t will be easier to just remove it the domains from the index to begin with.

Do I think that Google will only pay for one click even though they are charging advertisers for multiple clicks? I won't comment on that one as I haven't tested it myself. But if somebody can prove it, then they will definitely have some problems.

I think the whole AFD system is not to get rid of any of Google's partners, but to actually figure out how things work and how to improve their system that they provide to their partners like Sedo,DS, Namedrive, Fabulous, and many others. I think Google needs to have a TM system which they don't have today, I think they want to get rid of some of the "crap" traffic, and possibly only pay for traffic that is typed in. So I think this is just the beginning for Google, I think they plan on understanding how everything works and they will build systems that will change how the current Google providers do things. I think the first thing you will see is some type of approval system, it may be filtering out TM's, it may be filtering out crap domains, but I think that's the first thing that Google will implement across the board. At the same time I put in about 75 domains and google rejected 25 of them, some they rejected because the WHOIS didn't match, some were "risky", some were adult, two weren't TM's, but look like ones so I know they are using an automated TM checker, and about 10 I have no clue why they rejected the domains.

This is just my opinion, I have been wrong once or twice before. :)

Donny

•••
Thank you Donny, so they could possibly know and not pay you for a click that someone clicked your ad coming from a yahoo search listing.

•••
Sure it's possible. If that's what they wanted to do. It would take me about 10 minutes to add something like that, personally I never would, but I'm not Google.

Donny

•••
Does anyone know AFD's (and normal Adsense for this matter as well) reporting:

Is it real-time, if a delay...what amount of time is the delay?

•••
Nobody knows that; it's probably the same as AdSense, which sometimes seems fairly up to date, and other times can take several days to get caught up. You'll never know that.

As far as being rejected because the WHOIS information didn't match - are you sure about that, Donny? I put 18 names in for test purposes, and none of the WHOIS data matches my AdSense account, and all 18 were approved.

Hmm, wonder if they're keeping track of that WHOIS information, and looking up other domains with the same info? That could be, too.

•••
TrafficZ verifies WHOIS information for domains we ad and it would make sense that Google and anyone else parking domains would also. One of my domains that had the whois protected was not approved until after I disabled it. I can't confirm that's the reason, but they say in the account "verifying ownership".

As far as the whole "type-in traffic only" rumour that is in this thread, I find that unlikely. If that were true why would they waste their time accepting crappy domains and long domains with hyphens? Yes, some of mine are like that they have get traffic from established links. Of course, I've had about 800 total impressions so far and no revenue, so maybe there is truth to it. But these domains didn't get any clicks at partked or TrafficZ, so it could just be it's stuff like non-English traffic thats not going to convert anyways...! The real test will be for a parked domain with a history of earnings so I can see what it does at AFD.

To repeat my question about AFD TOS:
I thought I'd point this out from the licence agreement in case any of you missed it: "all queries must originate from individual human end users inputting a URL directly into the address bar of an Internet browser."
I was not able to find that. I don't think this is correct because it talks about "queries". Can you post a link to the page that has that information??? Thanks!

•••
Best practice is develop the site.

•••
Donny said:
Google is much better at sharing their information between different departments/products than anybody that I know of. So do I think anybody who uses their AFD system will lose their search engine listings? Maybe not today, but you will very soon. The information will be passed to all of the different products, and it's not that they will be banned, they will just be flagged as being parked of some type.
This is one of the main reasons Im not experimenting with AFD but on the other hand it would have been easy for them to already deindex every domain parked at the big services like sedo and they haven't so what is the difference?

•••
I put 11 domains with AFD for the past 5 days. So far they're doing about the same as at Sedo (regular Sedo, not Sedo Pro), maybe a little worse. I'm going to give it another week or two. If there is no improvement I'll try Parked.com (if they accept me), and then maybe back to Sedo. If I'm going to earn the same each month, then Sedo is a better choice than AFD. Sedo's monthly payout threshold is only $20, compared to AFD's $100. Sedo uses Paypal. And Sedo gives you better info with actual CTR's and CPC's.

Last edited:
•••
greggish said:
Sedo's monthly payout threshold is only $20, compared to AFD's $100. Sedo uses Paypal. And Sedo gives you better info with actual CTR's and CPC's.
I agree, Sedo does a great layout!
But only 2 or so of mine were performing exceptionally well there.

From the ones I have added to AFD
I have surpassed what they were making at Sedo (in total)
it's been about 2 weeks now.
It's frustrating not knowing which ones are performing,
but as long as they keep performing - I don't mind!

Hopefully AFD will come up with a better report system,
so we can see the breakdown.

I notice people talking about clicks?? Where are they seeing this data,
as it's not provided for AFD.....yet!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back