NameSilo

discuss The NFC & Mobile Tech Discussion and Showcase (Tap / Wallet / Money)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another trend on the way with tapping phones hitting the masses. Especially with Google Wallet launching and NFC phones becoming the norm. Here are a few of my best. Most have gone. "Tag" is also a key word... Anyone else have any?

TapAndPIN.com
Buy-Tap.com
MateTap.com
TapPurchase.com
NFCTap.It
PayTap.It
PurchaseTap.com
TagNTap.com
Tap2Fight.com
Tap2Follow.com
Tap2Pay.It
Tap2Share.It
Tap4.It
Tap4Discount.com
TapFollow.com
TapX.It
TransferTap.com
XchangeTap.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sale just reported on Sedo (not mine)

taptocall.com 900 EUR

•••
I believe ljmcwilliam may be right: According to recent studies, the total NFC applications market is expected to reach $10015.96 million by 2016 at a yearly growth rate of 38% from 2011 to 2016.

Anticipation is usually a good strategy for domain names. And knowing that Google and Nokia/Microsoft announced numerous mobile phones with NFC for this year, that Nintendo just announced that they will include NFC in their new Wii-U, I can confirm that NFC will be a huge trend for the next couple of years.

But, hey, wait a minute: Imagine Apple makes an announcement this year, (and believe me, they will), and it's going to be real big.

Good luck ljmcwilliam!

Geckosback.

•••
The best NFC domain I had is Best NFC dawt kom :lol:

•••
•••
•••
mrcurly, checked out your site. You have some great domains there! Had any recent sales?

•••
•••
Hi, just wanted to share my tap regs:

abouttap .com
bookingtap .com
nftap .com
posttap .com
tapchip .com
tapcommunication .com
tapfi .com
tapital .com
tapsignal .com
tapsupplies .com
whatistap .com

paytap .de
tapapp .de
tapapps .de
tapcash .de
tapcheck .de
tapdate .de
tapdating .de
tapflirt .de
tapgeld .de
tapkonto .de
tapme .de
tappartner .de
tapstore .de

•••
Barcelona went tap-and-go last month, reported in the Financial Times:

La Caixa, Spain’s largest retail bank, will on Thursday begin rolling out contactless, “tap and go” payments cards and terminals across Barcelona, in one of the biggest deployments of the financial services technology in Europe.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/4ebaf292-3c7a-11e1-8d38-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1kTtZsOi8

And here is Tap-and-Pay in India

Citibank brings you an innovative way to shop - Citi Tap and Pay!
Launching now in Bengaluru, Citi Tap and Pay is a revolutionary concept that will transform your shopping experience. Brought to you in association with Nokia, MasterCard & Vodafone, Citi Tap and Pay allows you to make payments on your Credit Card for purchases at the top shopping outlets in Bengaluru by simply tapping your mobile phone at the checkout point!

http://www.online.citibank.co.in/products-services/online-services/tap-and-pay.htm

•••
TapAndCollect.com
TapTolls.com
NFCToll.com
NFCTollRoad.com
TapTollRoad.com
NFCReady.co
NFCReady.me
NFCReady.mobi
NFCReady.biz

•••
Thanks for sharing mrcurly.

IYO, who do you think is acquiring these domains right now? Are these end users or fellow domain investors? Have you approached any end users with the names that you have?

•••
TapAndCollect.com
TapTolls.com
NFCToll.com
NFCTollRoad.com
TapTollRoad.com
NFCReady.co
NFCReady.me
NFCReady.mobi
NFCReady.biz

Some good names. I imagine NFC would be useful for toll payments.

•••
Thanks to everyone who is posting here, this is fascinating and there are real opportunities. It's a sort of intersection between mobile, location based services, electronic payments, and social. Social? Yes...

http://group.golleyslater.co.uk/904/dating-discounts-and-data-capture-can-nfc-build-your-brand/
On a much lighter note, this technology could be just what brands like Sonar, Match.com and Eharmony are looking for to help bolster membership on dating websites; what’s more it could revolutionise your next networking event. If you can check-in and check out potential suitors in a bar, or cross reference a stranger’s business interests against your own, could NCF be the key to a much bigger social phenomena?

And here's the app already

http://tapitsocial.com/

TapIt Social is the hottest new app out there for iPhone and Android. This app brings the Online world and the Offline world together by showing you “who” is around you, no matter where you are, and allowing you to safely Chat with that person, all without knowing their real name or phone number. It also allows you to chat with people no matter what smart-phone they are using.

Want to Chat with that cute girl over by the bar, but a little nervous about how to approach her? Use TapIt Social to break the ice and introduce yourself.

The word tap is often used in the smartphone world the way the word "click" is used on PC. But it also has a more adult meaning, just try googling "tappable". So who's going to grab tapsl*t.com, which is free for the taking?

•••
I see tapit is tm'ed...any forseeable issues with tap domains?

•••
Not exactly sure why this topic would be limited to the word "tap", as several of my names are geared toward mobile payments without the word "tap"... for example:

MyWad.com and SpreePay.com

People that jump on a particular term like "tap" end up spending a lot on names that will be dropped in a year. Buying names due to forum induced hype without any thought to application or branding seems a bit foolish to me.

Just my 2 pennies.

•••
Not exactly sure why this topic would be limited to the word "tap", as several of my names are geared toward mobile payments without the word "tap"

Yes there will be lots of mobile payments on devices that don't have NFC capability.

But do you think the general public are going to take to terms like NFC, proximity payments, RFID and LBS or Location Based Services? What simple word are people most likely to use for proximity based phone interactions - not just payment transactions?

Swipe, wave, touch, tap, bump, prod, poke, push? Or some totally new term? Or just say pay?

I know google is using the term wallet, but once cash becomes virtual who is going to want a wallet? How do you refer to virtual money? Where is it kept?

I can see tap being a good bet because, like cloud, it sounds good and is very general. A tap is also a source of something, so a money tap sounds good to me.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Buying names due to forum induced hype without any thought to application or branding seems a bit foolish to me.

Yes, the other issue that was raised earlier in the thread is how many of these names will be needed? Will this field be run by just a few big players like credit card companies? How many companies will run or offer payment systems, let alone need domain names for them?

Last edited:
•••
Deleted post

Last edited:
•••
Just regged TapandPay *dot* net.

•••
Regarding tm's, any probs with wallet.

Just sold a "dot in" through sedo so thought i would invest a couple of dollars.

TAPTRANSACTION.COM
TAPBUX.COM
TAPTUBES.COM
TAPHOSTS.COM
PAYMENTORG.COM
TA-P.COM

Last edited:
•••
Deleted post
Cheers

Last edited:
•••
Just reg'd a few strong keywords in .co.uk and .eu

I read recently that the top selling ccTLDs on Sedo are .co.uk, .eu and .de

m-Wallets.co.uk
mWallets.co.uk
e-Wallets.eu
eWallets.eu
OnlineWallet.co.uk
PayTap.eu
NFCTap.co.uk
PayWithMobile.co.uk
ContactlessPayment.eu
NFCInfo.co.uk
NearFieldCommunications.eu
m-Money.eu
OnlineWallet.eu
mTap.eu
MobileTap.co.uk

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

Nice :blink:. Airline industry is making good progress with NFC. I have...

CheckinTap.com
ContactlessCheckin.com
CheckinTap.info
TapCheckin.info
TapCheck.in
NFCCheck.in
CellCheck.in

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Foursquare adds NFC support...

http://techcrunch.com/2012/02/10/foursquare-adds-nfc-support-to-its-android-app/

•••
Deleted post

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys,

Here are some of my domains, all in dot com. There might be some winners :).

contactlesspaypoints
nfctechtalks
paid4tapping
richnfc
slideandpass
slidenpass
swipe2view
swipe2watch
swipeandopen
swipeandpass
swipeandtravel
swipeandtry
swipeandvote
swipeandwatch
swipenpair
swipentravel
swipentry
swipenview
swipenvote
swipenwatch
swipetopass
swipetotry
swipetoview
tap2know
tap2listen
tap2look
tap2stay
tapandanswer
tapandcarry
tapandclose
tapandhear
tapandorder
tapandsend
tapandstop
tapanduse
tapincash
tapmote
tapndecide
tapnfly
tapnlink
tapnsit
taptohear
taptoserve
taptotry
taptransfert
touch2enter
touch2gain
touch2get
touch2listen
touch2try
touchandask
touchanduse
touchndecide
touchnpull
touchtoclose
touchtofind
touchtopair
touchtotravel
touchtouse
wave2order
wave2pair
wave2try
wave2view
waveandopen
waveandorder
waveandpair
waveandtravel
waveandview
waveandvote
wavenopen
wavenorder
wavenpair
wavenwatch
wavenwin
wavetoorder
wavetopair
wavetotry
wavetovote

They are all for sale on SEDO for less than €100 and I expect to double the price before end of the year... If everything goes as planned... ;)

Geckosback.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Interesting way of payment, through a watch! Watch the video on the site.

http://watch2pay.co.uk/

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Again a very nice link. Thanks mrcurly!
Here is another one on the NFC market forecast...
http://www.nfcnews.com/2012/02/10/report-46-of-phones-nfc-enabled-by-2016

All good things come to those who wait...

Geckosback.

Last edited:
•••
Deleted post

Last edited:
•••
I sold "taptocall" at €900 last month. I'm confident that there is a market for these kind of names. :)

Cheers,

Geckosback.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back