Dynadot

Your portfolio : Many domains with low traffic or fewer domains with lot of traffic ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello all,

I'm wondering if you prefer to get 10 domains that gives you 1$ each per day... or 1 domain that give you 10$ per day... My guess is 10 domains at 1$ each for a better risk management, isn't it ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it is better risk management, but also a lot more expenses.
I would actually prefer less higher earning domains than lots of small earners, of course if I know that traffic is good and won't run out soon...
My portfolio is mostly names that do not earn at all and a few that earn good...

•••
Less names with higher returns is better. I think it's better risk management as well. 10 domains more risky than 1.

•••
i would prefer 1 domain than 10 domains.
easier to manage

•••
I'm going to read that as $10 profit in both cases.

If you have one domain you have the advantage that you can spend more time monitoring it and working out how to improve it. On the other hand, if it starts to lose traffic because its niche becomes less popular or you acquire a better resourced competitor, you lose a much higher percentage of your income.

On balance, I think I'd prefer the safety net of having 10 domains.

I know it isn't one of the options, but I'd like to have 3 domains earning $3.33 each. That way I have some insurance against one domain going under and leaving me with nothing while still having some ability to improve the portfolio without spreading myself too thin.

•••
Thank you very much for your comments :) I agree with kiore!

•••
All traffic will dwindle over time. What are you interested in ? What will you develop ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back