Domain Empire

discuss Your Choice for a Display Pic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DANEYAL

Top Member
Impact
As a domainer we are quite focused on promoting the domain names that we wish to sell, and sometimes we use the domain name pamphlet in the display pic, though I have done the same, however I am just not satisfied, it looks a little bit going over an extra mile for marketing.
Before changing my current dp that has some domain name there, to a dp that wont have any domain name there, I just thought about posting this to gather some pearls of marketing & profile management by all the deep domain divers here at NP. :)

What is your opinion about choosing the display pic, why have you selected that very display pic that is there at your profile, AND What is your best opinion regarding a DP, in terms of professional profile management.
This was my DP when the discussion started on profile pics influence on profile management & promotions. (as it will be changed this week, therefore it is better to have it as thumbnail here. hysterical though ;)

Attachments

• pendants.JPG
    pendants.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I personally wouldn't market my domains using my "display pic". To me, that comes across as desperate or a bad choice in selection of domain having gone to that extent.

However, "display pics" are great to promote your brand, hence why a company logo would be essential..

A face to the name would do no harm either, or like me, you could just put up something pointless, literally.

Each to their own :)

•••
i think with good design pic you are good to go.

•••
I personally wouldn't market my domains using my "display pic". To me, that comes across as desperate or a bad choice in selection of domain having gone to that extent.

However, "display pics" are great to promote your brand, hence why a company logo would be essential..

A face to the name would do no harm either, or like me, you could just put up something pointless, literally.

Each to their own :)
Yes I totally agree with you, having a domain name you are selling as your display pic may be referred to as screaming loudly for a sale. It has been in my understanding since day one I placed it as my dp, it can also be referred to as kind of spamming. However, I tried to evaluate in the past few months that how much does a display pic can influence your profile. Yes, it certainly is a road block in terms of fetching replies to your posts, as many think that the person who has posted the query is only interested in getting more replies and have their portfolio domain garner some sort of an attention.
The reason I started this discussion regarding domain names & profile management in context of DP is that, I know it will generate some very solid answers, as that of yours, that would be very useful for everyone of us.

How to Manage your Display Pic on Multiple Portolios, Profiles & Domain Sales Places is yet another interesting thing to debate on.

In my personal opinion as you said, it is better to have your own photo or your company/platform logo as your DP.

It will be great to hear regarding the significance & approach of having a profile pic. Secondly any experience with having a Display Pic with Domain name would be great.
See there are some instances where, it does not look that bad to have a domain name as your Profile Pic, like I have seen a dp with uWon there at @jamaltq profile , and it never intrigued me, rather it looked great both from profile picture point of view as well as marketing angle.

Between your DP with a finger pointing somewhere is not that pointless :)

Last edited:
•••
Between your DP with a finger pointing somewhere is not that pointless :)

"Why" its pointing somewhere remains a mystery.. ;)

•••
Changed my display pic to something that has no domain name. Still this is a workable idea with some sort of domain names like LLLL.coms to project in your display pic, if they are really pronounceable, imo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back